1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,392
  2. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $16,392
    I'm posting it already. Minnesota is done.

3. Bulldawg

Bulldawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $608
  4. DawgFan14

DawgFan14 Active Member

Money:
    $313
    I'm having nightmares of Chrabs on the defensive end.

5. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $16,392
    He should tear apart that zone from the middle though.

6. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,701
    I love that you posted this early! Gonna bet all I have on MTSU to cover! :)

7. HenryMuto

HenryMuto Active Member

Money:
    $152
    Going to be a good one.

8. butlerclass2011

butlerclass2011 Active Member

Money:
    $184
    I'm scared

TheOnlyNameLeft likes this.
  9. butlerclass2011

butlerclass2011 Active Member

Money:
    $184
    Please convince me not to be scared of MT

10. burns

burns Active Member

Money:
    $288
    MT is talented, with a hyper-aggressive attitude to boot. Dawgs better show up with energy and aggression to match.

joliebeth23 and TheOnlyNameLeft like this.
  11. thespianrunner

thespianrunner Member

Money:
    $83
    We beat the defending national champs and #1 overall seed on their home court where they hadn't lost in forever.

If we have the will, we can find the way.

Dogweed, crimsonfal, jal8908 and 3 others like this.
  12. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,049
    I mean, Butler will have to play well to win. But when is that not the case in the tournament? You are going to play a good team in the second round. We could be playing Iowa State, ND, or Virginia. Instead we get MTSU. Could they beat us? Absolutely, but we can step back from the ledge a little bit.

13. ThePioneerLeague

ThePioneerLeague Active Member

Money:
    $393
    Why be scared? Everyone knows they are a very good team, it's not like they are a surprise like last year. There are only going to be 32 teams left out of 350+...everybody is good at this point. Don't worry about the seed number next to their name, we just need to be focused, confident and play our game.

BBgina, BHayden, burns and 8 others like this.
  14. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,302
    Middle Tennessee lost to Tennessee St., Georgia St., & UTEP this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

joliebeth23 and noltar like this.
  15. noltar

noltar Active Member

Money:
    $470
    Props to them for beating an overseeded Minnesota squad, but bring 'em on. They're good, it will be a tough game, but I feel confident about Butler's chances. Especially if they can clean it up at the free throw line.

16. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,510
    How many points did MTSU score against MN on slipping the perimeter screens? For layups. It was so easy for them. Too easy. I thought I was watching a layup drill for a while. First time I really watched a full MN game this year. They were not as good as I thought. Since BU loves to hedge, and Wideman and particularly Chrabs (mostly Chrabs) are so slow on recovery, MTSU has the potential to eat us alive. Chrabs BETTER have an big offensive game. He's such a weak defender and he doesn't rebound. Must get all of those minutes for those intangibles. As small as Winthrop was we could have gone smaller. Hope Holtmann tampers down the hedging against MTSU and tells guys to fight through the screens and stay with their man whenever possible on the perimeter picks. You know Wideman is going to get in some foul trouble. It's going to be physical. And Fowler can't handle recovery on the perimeter screens either. He's definitely better off not even leaving the paint. Still, I'd rather they beat us from the outside than on layups. Will be interesting to see what kind of adjustments Holtmann puts together. Tough matchup. But definitely beatable.

17. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,224
    Jacorey Williams is going to be a tough, tough cover. I remember watching him play against Dayton when he was at Arkansas. Giddy Potts is 6-2, 217. I honestly didn't get a chance to watch them today or all season so I'm only going off stats and height/weight. Based on height and weight, it would seem Savage would be a good choice to guard Potts because I'd worry he's too big and strong for Kamar to handle. Thoughts?

18. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,653
    Solve the 1-3-1, knockdown shots, match their grit and maybe BU's basketball IQ will help us win?

joliebeth23 likes this.
  19. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,425
    I couldn't tell whether MTSU was that impressive or Minnesota wasn't very good. I tended to believe Minn wasn't anywhere near a five seed. Maybe a 11 or 12. Minn defense in the paint was poor and they were not a good rebounding team. MTSU got a lot a lay ups with no one within ten feet. This will be a tough game for the Dawgs. We will need to do a better job of taking care of the ball , play better defense than we did today and be better on free throws.

BBgina and TheOnlyNameLeft like this.
  20. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,425
    We lost to a state school too.

BBgina likes this.