Jared Grubbs

Butler Bulldogs (25-8) vs North Carolina Tar Heels (29-7) - 3/24

Jared Grubbs, Mar 19, 2017

Settled
  1. Bulldawg

Bulldawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $596
    I think although Baldwin is more of a 2, he is going to have to learn the one and I think he will be successful at doing so

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

DawgsMD likes this.
  2. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $2,664
    Given his size and ability to get to the rim and dish as well, I think it could be a relatively smooth transition to the 1 for him

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,335
    I was watching Frank Mason from Kansas tonight and thought Baldwin could become like him.

4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,174
    Baldwin is more than capable of being a solid to good 1, and we're going to need him to unless we get lucky in the transfer market. Because, trust me Jorgenson ain't cutting it in the Big East.

5. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    What I was happy with on Friday was we got beat by a better team. It wasn't a Georgetown game. We just got beat. We went down swinging. There were a couple possessions we didn't sprint back on defense, but we didn't roll over. If we lose, but never quit, I am fine with that.

Sidd Finch, mwall787 and UDDawg like this.
  6. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,335
    Totally agree. We never quit. We had trouble hitting shots against a top 4 team and lost by 12. Kansas lost by a bunch. X lost by 24. Baylor lost by 20+. We never quit and had a couple of runs that cut it to 9 or 10 and with a few breaks might have been different. I can see NC playing a week from tomorrow.

7. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,297
    Yep, completely agree with the previous two posts. Seems like we had a few shots in the 2nd half halfway down that just spun out. Could have made things a little tighter if those go down.

8. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,296
    Back from Memphis and only read through a few random posts, but had to respond to this one. Talked with Kelan's family post game and they are looking forward to watching Kelan play in a Butler uniform next year. Nuff said on that subject.

Also, thought the mojo was wrong from the get-go when they turned off the lights for the introductions and did the dumb spotlighting thing. Plus a ridiculous NBA style announcer. No wonder the refs couldn't recognize UNC traveling...they thought they were officiating an NBA game.

bwesson15, jeff, DawgPoundMac and 2 others like this.
  9. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,335
    I was thinking about the NBA sport versus the NCAA basketball. I know the NBA players are the best basketball players by far but as far as excitement, effort and entertainment NCAA basketball is a far far better sport to watch.

10. huss587

huss587 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $369
    I don't know what it is, but I find it painfully boring to watch NBA basketball. I'm not sure if it's that I grew up in suburban Chicago and I know nothing will ever come close to the MJ years? College basketball is my favorite sport to watch, it's odd that the NBA is my least favorite (and that includes hockey and soccer). NBA players are the best athletes on the planet, but it's not entertaining to me at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  11. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,064
    Personally, I think it has a lot to due w/ 82 game schedule and 48 minute games. Both should be shortened.

bwesson15 and BoyGeoff like this.
  12. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,214
    Glad to hear it. I hope it goes this way. The difference between a top BE team and a rebuild.

13. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,172
    There's no need for hope and there never has been. Give it up.

14. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,344
    I got an idea for you... After you're done watching watching the NCAA tournament, why don't you rewatch the last 7 games of last year's NBA season and let me know what you think??? #recencybias #LeBlock

[​IMG]

15. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,435
    Did not BU have an interest in NCs Luke May? Quite a player to bring in off the bench.

16. bwesson15

bwesson15 Well-Known Member

Hell he is looking like a starter right now

Sent from my SM-G935V using Butler Hoops mobile app

17. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $451
    I'm not sure who said it, but someone said that they were tired of Butler making somebody's sub (paraphrasing) look like an all-star; referring to Luke Maye for North Carolina. Well, Maye is looking pretty good again today against Kentucky; in fact he scored the game winner.

18. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,435
    Amazing that I sent that about 30 seconds before his shot to win it.

Staxawax likes this.
  19. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,214
    I take everything I said back. Luke "****ing" Maye. Apparently he just had his coming out party against us.

Damn. Who would have thunk it?

20. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,335
    That was the most exciting play in the seven games. Saw three of those in just one game yesterday by one player for Oregon.

estar20dawg and jskierko like this.