Jared Grubbs

Butler Bulldogs (25-8) vs North Carolina Tar Heels (29-7) - 3/24

Jared Grubbs, Mar 19, 2017

Settled
  1. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,143
    Sheesh. Never meant to get the college vs. NBA debate going. Just stated that Memphis brought the NBA atmosphere during intros which were gross. Can't help but think it sets the wrong tone--why not celebrate college basketball instead of mimicking the NBA? Did this happen elsewhere?

2. Tentozen

Tentozen Active Member

Money:
    $538
    Very, very well put. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

3. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,088
    Isiaah Thompson eh? What team does he play for? Sounds like quite a player...

yes I know sarcasm...yes Isaiah Thomas has put on quite a show this year for ol' BS

4. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,414
    I laughed out loud at my desk.

5. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,531
    Without question the NBA has some of the greatest athletes in the world. Even though I slept at a Holiday Inn Express once I find it difficult to watch and have not attended a game since Larry Bird's rookie season. Just not my cup of tea. Everyone enjoys spectacular plays made by elite athletes. As a former football coach I enjoy college and HS more than the pro game. The attraction is the varying styles of play and coaching. Pro sports seem to be generic in that respect yet I fully realize the pro game is in all reality much more complex. That doesn't mean my perspective correct nor does it mean it's wrong. In fact I would rather watch the little league world series the big league. Maybe the attraction is based on fundamentals. Rather hard to explain. I probably would rather watch Loogootee.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  6. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    I don't mind NBA basketball (but I mostly watch the playoffs) and I know it's better basketball, but I still find college basketball more entertaining.

Just like I know Moonlight or Manchester by the Sea are probably better movies, but I still find Billy Madison or Tommy Boy more entertaining.

7. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $202
    NBA Conference Finals and the Championship series are worth watching. The quality of play is amazing. In the past dozen years the Spurs were always fun to watch (when he didn't bench his starters to save them for playoffs). Recent years Golden State too. Like all pro sports, way too many season games. Can't do anything about it...it's an owner's deal not a fan's deal. Too many franchises, too many games...can't be fixed. So lucky for me, there is Butler basketball and the NCAA.