Settled
  1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,929
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  2. Trumpforpresident2020

Trumpforpresident2020 Active Member

Obi Toppin has been their man early on thus far off the bench. Cunningham appears to be their primary option. Dayton plays no defense. Not threatened by this matchup at all. Go Dawgs!!!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  3. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,078
    I haven't been able to watch UD yet this season. They definitely still have above-average talent for an A-10 team, IMO, but I have not been impressed with Anthony Grant so far as coach. They've got a couple names that should be familiar to us from recruiting (Dwayne Cohill, Jordan Davis). Cunningham is a legit undersized 5, but I think both Fowler and especially Brunk should be able to hold their own defensively.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  4. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Active Member

Money:
    $880
    I'm still bitter about what they did to Rotnei in 2013. Let's crush 'em.

5. bu1973

bu1973 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $539
    I said that we should beat both Mississippi and Dayton. I would add St.Louis to that list. If we are to be an NCAA team, these are games that should be W's. It's not that they're not good, but we need to be better than this level of teams. With games like Florida, Indiana and whatever comes out of Atlantis, we need to compete and win at least one.

dippper61, SpartanDawgs and NateDog like this.
  6. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,720
    Not to be morbid, but I think that kid died. It was a dirty play, but I’m really sorry for him and his family.

UDDawg and Hinkle like this.
  7. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,078
    Beat me to this. He did. He ended up transferring after that season back home to New Orleans, to play for UNO. He committed suicide soon after being diagnosed as bipolar.

Not trying to make anyone feel bad. But we should probably be able to get hyped enough for this game without using that play as motivation.

troggy and PSUButlerFan like this.
  8. WMUDog

WMUDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $329
    Wow. Sorry to hear that.

9. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,726
    Seems like the few Dayton fans that are talking about the Butler/Dayton game on their forum are pretty confident about Wednesday.

10. Trumpforpresident2020

Well we can't blame them for dreaming. This should be a blow out in my opinion. They play absolutely no defense. They are just as bad defending the three as we are and we have more depth at all five positions.

They have looked good offensively against mediocre competition. Beat Northern Florida by eight, almost losing to IPFW at home. They need to calm down and enjoy their vacation to the Bahamas. No chance.

SRG likes this.
  11. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $107
    Butler should win, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a close game. It'll be both teams first game away from home, so it'll depend on who responds better to a new environment. Butler didn't shoot well down there in 2014.

Trumpforpresident2020 likes this.
  12. gmoser1210

gmoser1210 Active Member

Money:
    $313
    Since joining the Big East, I’ve always wondered when we would get to the point that we have a “thunderdunk” or adkcuse moment. The day might be coming sooner rather than later. I’ve noticed a shift over the last two seasons that indicates a growing segment of our fan base has lost respect for the underdog.

troggy, huss587, mwall787 and 2 others like this.
  13. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,040
    And any modicum of modesty or common sense. Do I think we will win? Yes, and we could I suppose blow them out. It’s highly doubtful though. Calling for expected blowouts against Top 100 A10 opponents on a neutral court is just delusional.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

troggy, huss587, mwall787 and 2 others like this.
  14. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Member

Money:
    $149
    I’m willing to bet anyone who has a political username has more than a few delusional opinions

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

15. Trumpforpresident2020

My friend we are always the underdogs. Even when we are not supposed to be. That's why I love Butler basketball. I feel our fan base does not know how to be the best of the best yet. Soak it in boys, we are the cream of the crop of the big east.

16. Trumpforpresident2020

Just curious why is this a delusional thought? Because rankings put them as a top 100 team. Only 68 get in. Dayton, VCU, Duquesne, and St. Louis all won't get in the tourney. I love this matchup for the fact that people talk up Dayton. It only makes Butler look good when we beat them. Believe it or not some even have Butler losing or being the underdog. Blowouts happen between top 100 teams on neutral courts all the time. Let me guess, this game between Butler and Dayton won't be a blow out because it's Butler vs Dayton. Have some confidence my friend we are a very good and deep team. They Have no one who can stop the Brunkanator or Baldwin.

Only way we loose this game is if our coaching doesn't show up. Like I have stated numerous times in the past. We have the talent to beat anyone on any given night. Its up to the coaches to see them through it.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    dippper61 and SRG like this.
  17. Trumpforpresident2020

18. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Active Member

Money:
    $880
    I had no clue. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I didn't mean to be disrespectful if that guy has friends or family that happen to peruse this thread.

You're right, we should have enough motivation as is. Go Dawgs!

19. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,078
    No man, you're good. Hate to come off as a damper, but thought it was worth it. I was a freshman at UD that season, and was going to go to go back to campus early before Christmas break ended to go to that game but ended up getting sick and staying home. I remember some drunk idiot floormate of mine a couple days after trying to claim Rotnei somehow exaggerated his injury. :mad:

20. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,685
    Not disagreeing with you overall, Irishdawg, but I seem to recall that the Butler-NC game was Kelan Martin's coming out party.

PSUButlerFan and bumba like this.