Money:
    $7,073
    Good god. Just leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,994
    It was a pretty big swing. LaVall was livid about the recent call on the other end of the floor and then Baldwin not getting a similar call pushed the entire bench over the edge. Butler was outplaying Dayton at that point but just couldn’t get any breaks. I remember Brunk had a clear path for a put back layup and the ball took an odd, high bounce and the play went the other way. Everything just went the wrong way.

bmradio99 and bwesson15 like this.
  3. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $699
    You're never as good or as bad as it seems. Lots and lots of season left. Tonight was just frustrating.

BURph92, SRG and Hinkle like this.
  4. bwesson15

bwesson15 Active Member

For us to win Kamar has to play better it's that simple 5-17 ain't going to get the job done.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,695
    AT took one shot and KB took 17. How hard is it to devise a defensive scheme against those two? You don’t have to guard AT and shade on KB and dare him to shoot from deep.

6. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,073
    But that’s why we lost by 5 instead of 13 and scored 64 instead of 48. Probably played about the same. And let’s be clear, Texas May have been better than Dayton is, but Texas wasn’t good last year.

7. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $792
    I'm just not sure where the scoring is going to come from this season.

We have two guys, Baldwin and Jorgensen, who can consistently create their own shot. If one of them has an off-night, we're screwed.

Maybe Jordan Tucker can become a third scorer for us, but short of that, I'm just not seeing enough from anyone else to be it. Brunk hustles and gets a lot of putbacks, but I was hoping McDermott might take another leap forward and become it. However, he's simply been relegated to a stand-up spot-up shooter from 3.

8. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $80
    Yeah I think Butler had more to do with how impressive Dayton looked. Give a team confidence offensively and they might kill you all night. Butler now has to pray that kenpom is really wrong (like 50 spots wrong) for this not to hurt on Selection Sunday (if it even comes to that).

Small sample size (and the ballroom will make most shooters look bad), but Baldwin has been 10-34 (29%) from the floor the last 2 games and is clearly trying to do way too much on offense, and his defense has also suffered because of it. There's no way he can sustain this level of effort the rest of the season. Butler either develops an offense that doesn't rely on him so much, or this is going to be a LONG season, with a few really good games by him sprinkled in.

9. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $203
    Flyers punched us in the nose early and their defense was effective all night. With Baldwin and Jorgensen shooting poorly and frankly not getting or taking good looks, the Flyers were able to hang on and win. We made it easy for them to defend though. Needed to get more inside looks, but did not feed the low post much. Definitely had size advantage down low, especially with Toppin in foul trouble most of the game. Gonna have to win out now. We can do that. Let’s put it behind us and leave on a positive note. A bad loss for Butler and a good win for UD.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

10. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,994
    McDermott scores 18 points on 9 shot attempts (6 FT attempts). This one can’t really be blamed on a lack of secondary scoring. Butler isn’t going to beat many teams when Baldwin plays like this. Last game he played like this for 35 minutes but luckily Jorgensen bailed him out with a career game. Jorgensen wasn’t good enough to compensate for it this game.

Tentozen, fdr and Hinkle like this.
  11. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,032
    Jorgensen shoots, but I would not really call it “getting his own shot,” as 70% of his shots are poor. Baldwin needs to play off the ball on offense. You would have thought LaVall would have learned that last year.

Robinzine Crying likes this.
  12. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,023
    I may be naive and not the most educated basketball fan, but I just don’t see the Xs and Os there yet. Sure we were spoiled by Stevens and didn’t even realize it at the time, but it seems that this team right now is not running any offense and getting beat repeatedly on D. Not sure if that’s on the team or coaching, but something needs to change.

13. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,695
    Jared you are right. PJ and McD had 18 each or over half the teams points. This loss is on rest of the team. Again we do not have a point guard that can feed the paint nor penetrate and kick out. Rebounding is also a problem. Someone is going to have to step up and be a leader. Fortunately we don’t have to play Virginia.

14. bu2013

bu2013 Active Member

Money:
    $238
    Don't pretend numbers you pulled out of your ass are stats

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Butler Hoops mobile app

fdr and dawgs2014 like this.
  15. Mark Shelvin

Money:
    $2,032
    Not sure how you thought that was presented as a stat? If you like, I can go full scale hyperbole and say 100% of his shots? Might actually be closer to correct anyway.

16. bu2013

bu2013 Active Member

Money:
    $238
    That got even dumber

fdr and bmradio99 like this.
  17. Mark Shelvin

Money:
    $2,032
    Ok boss.

Everyone knows his shot selection is atrocious. If Christian David jacked any one of the terrible shots Jorgensen did, he would probably never see another minute all year. I have no idea what the infatuation with him is.

18. bu2013

bu2013 Active Member

Money:
    $238
    Well he's capable of scoring 20+, outside of Baldwin nobody else is. Just have to take the good with the bad

19. Mark Shelvin

Money:
    $2,032
    Yeah, no. I am guessing Campbell Donovan could put up 18 on 17 shots too. And as a fan, yes, I do have to put up with his crap. That’s only because the staff allows it though.

dippper61 likes this.
  20. bu2013

bu2013 Active Member

Money:
    $238
    You're pretty clueless huh? We were getting such open looks all the time. Our all America candidate was pretty inefficient tonight too, should probably bench him because he sometimes takes an ill-advised shot