Jared Grubbs

Butler Bulldogs (3-0) vs Dayton Flyers (3-0) - 11/21

Jared Grubbs, Nov 19, 2018

Settled
  1. Clevedog

Clevedog Active Member

Money:
    $284
    Shouldn't our player, especially a point guard arrive on campus with the skills to play both offense and defense? Especially at a Big East school. Development should not include learning how to shoot.

Tentozen, dippper61 and bumba like this.
  2. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $727
    If it makes anyone feel better, Dayton is hanging with Virginia in the first half.

3. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,043
    If you don’t think Aaron Thompson should be playing, you should just log off and delete your account.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

4. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member

Money:
    $329
    I think he definitely should be playing, but when he is playing Kamar shouldn't be running the point.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Butler Hoops mobile app

Insane Dawg likes this.
  5. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member

Money:
    $329
    Yes

Sent from my SM-G965U using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member

Money:
    $329
  7. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,775
    Still hanging around with Virginia with 3:30 to go...

8. firedupkaren

Money:
    $5,043
    Oh I don’t know, maybe the fact that he and Kamar have to set the tone on every defensive possession for Butler to compete on that end of the court. The front court is sub par defensively, and replacing Thompson with Tucker would only further complicate matters.

And Baldwin was running the point last night as much as he was because Thompson wasn’t able to stay in the game (partly on him, but I thought some of the calls were questionable). I don’t believe that is by design, I think we’d like to see Kamar off the ball at times as well. I might be wrong on that though. But without Thompson out there, the entire offense falls on Kamar’s shoulders and we saw last night how that can go south fast.

jarik likes this.
  9. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,215
    Butler loses one game and this board implodes on itself and each other. Wow.

Granted, this was a game that Butler should have won. But I recall not too far in the past when Butler was in the HL and actually was the underdog and showed moxie in games like this. Shoe on other foot now.

Have we grown too accustomed to the success?

Let the snark fly!!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. Tentozen

Tentozen Active Member

Money:
    $545

11. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,831
    I didn't say he shouldn't play. What I'm seeing is KB is the point guard and AT is the shooting guard with PJ at the three. If AT as a shooting guard makes sense to you then you should just log off and delete your account. AT should be the back up point guard to KB.

Can anyone explain to me how a kid can go all the way thru high school and get a high major scholarship yet has never learned how to shoot a decent jump shot? I mean what did they do with a basketball in their drive way? Practice guarding the pole all the time.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  12. firedupkaren

Money:
    $5,043
    The fact you want to talk about one game, one result, says everything.

Keep doing you.

13. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,831
    I have never cared for you either so we are even.

14. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,066
    Let's move on to the next game. This is pointless. Let's see what happens vs MTSU

DawgPoundMac and bwesson15 like this.
  15. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,063
    If we won out tonight and tomorrow against Florida, we’ll salvage a 2-1 record which many were expecting, hoping for albeit against better competition. That’s what we need to do. Get back to the mainland and work through the kinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

16. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,066
    If they do that I'll be happy with the trip. It will be kind of meh, but I'd have to admit it could be a lot worse. 1-2 with losses against Virginia and Wisconsin/Florida/Oklahoma was probably the most likely outcome, and this would certainly beat that. But Butler will be underdogs against Florida. Let's avoid complete disaster by taking care of business tonight and then worry about Florida in 2 hours.

17. Trumpforpresident2020

Trumpforpresident2020 Active Member

One entry pass to the post so far. It's three on five out there with Thompson.

18. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $912
  19. Tentozen

Tentozen Active Member

Money:
    $545
    I have been watching closely tonight, and their offense looks so much better when Thompson is running it.

20. Tentozen

Tentozen Active Member

Money:
    $545
    You should go away.