Jared Grubbs

Butler Bulldogs (3-0) vs Wofford Terriers (2-1) - 11/16

Jared Grubbs, Nov 14, 2019

Settled
  1. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,359
    It is time to move on from criticism of David Woods, he has followed the Dawgs for many years and does an outstanding job. Just remember if he moves on the Star
    will not put anyone near as good as him in his place. Us butler fans are lucky to have him.

2xDawg and SRG like this.
  2. 4636Cornelius

4636Cornelius Member

Money:
    $79
  3. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,093
    Dakich is being extremely complimentary of Butler to start off his radio show. Says Butler is really, really good right now.

4. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $649
    Nobody has mentioned Henry Baddley, so I thought that I would. He didn't have a big stat line but played a lot down the stretch when Butler needed solid defense and someone steady on offense, who wasn't going to turn it over. His 13 minutes were about the same as Golden, Tucker and David.

DawgPoundMac and Insane Dawg like this.
  5. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $6,093
    DawgPoundMac, ButlerHomer and troggy like this.
  6. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,707
    Damn you Connersville...I just came here to post that as well.

And, I am going to!!! LOL (especially because it is from David Woods twitter account...and I know how that will stir this pot)

DawgPoundMac, NCJon, Shimmy and 3 others like this.
  7. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,461
  8. ButlerNut

Money:
    $4,707
    Living off the big win over Kentucky

9. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $6,093
    A reporter from East Lansing voted Evansville #10.

Shimmy, Sidd Finch and SpartanDawgs like this.
  10. ButlerNut

Money:
    $4,707
    I would truly love to have an all Indiana tournament:

Ball State
    Butler
    Evansville
    Indiana
    Indiana State
    IUPUFW
    IUPUI
    Notre Dame
    Purdue
    Valparaiso

WMUDog likes this.
  11. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $16,461
    A perfect example of why I don’t pay any attention to human polls. I wonder what odds he would give me on Evansville to not win the MVC?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

ConnersvilleBulldog and godogs91 like this.
  12. Josh Nichols

Josh Nichols Member

Money:
    $91
    Let the haters hate. This Butler basketball team will eventually crack the top 25 and when they do I expect them to stay there for the remainder of the season. Obviously the voters haven’t watched this team. They don’t know the heart and passion our players possess. They haven’t seen the tenacity that our players play with on the defensive end of the court. Or the adjustments that LaVall has made to the offense. Let them sleep on the bulldogs now because come March, when this team is heading into the second weekend of the NCAA tournament, everyone in the country will know Butler basketball is back!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    jeff likes this.
  13. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,499
    Perhaps something to do with Kentucky beating Michigan State

troggy likes this.
  14. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,280
    Couldn't care less if we enter AP or Coaches polls. Completely antiquated methods of ranking teams, and Evansville receiving votes is case in point.

15. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $16,461
    The only reason I care is for increased visibility for the program. When you look at college scores the default sorting is top 25. But other than that, yeah, I don’t care in the slightest.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

hortonamos, BoyGeoff, Hinkle and 7 others like this.
  16. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,442
    The human voting thing is a vestige of the past before computers were dragged into the business of big-data sports modeling. If you aren't familiar with it there is a site that aggregates all the models - its done by Massey. https://www.masseyratings.com/cb/compare.htm

Most good ones have us between 20 -25 right now - there are couple of them that have us at 18 and one yahoo who thinks we're 93rd.

17. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $753
    Being ranked keeps the program in the spotlight. I have to believe it it helps with recruits. Plus, if you’re ranked in March, you almost have to make the NCAAT.

Count me as one who likes being consistently ranked. I doubt there’s much benefit to being ranked for a week or two every 2-3 years.

18. Gregory Roach

Gregory Roach Active Member

Money:
    $345
    2xDawg, harvesting and znelson15 like this.
  19. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,485
    It has been brought to my attention that Ari is on twitter bashing us. He ran a stupid video every once in awhile and believes he is a butler insider. Then makes that post about this place. He's a bitter dude and for some reason despises this place, even though this place is the absolute best place for Butler content. I don't follow him but a good friend of mine saw it and sent it my way. He calls us toxic and some other big word that I'm not smart enough to understand but know it's negative. Anyway, if you do follow him or feel curious to take it in, enjoy his outrage at butler hoops.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2019
  20. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,485
    Mindless sycophants and genuinely toxic are his words in regards to you fine people.