Jared Grubbs

Butler Bulldogs (3-1) vs Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (3-2) - 11/22

Jared Grubbs, Nov 22, 2018

Settled
  1. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    I think Christian is our best cutter. We need that. He’s close. He’s really close. He’s just not *quite* there yet. I want him getting 25 mins against brown and Presbyterian.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Shimmy, bmradio99 and bwesson15 like this.
  2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,650
    You mean you agree with me?

3. I like turtles

I like turtles Active Member

Money:
    $388
    How exactly is MTSU a sub horizon league level team? They are down once Kermit left but calling them basically a low major is a wild take.

4. dawgs2014

Money:
    $2,589
    Second day in a row!!!

BU_NeonHat, Hinkle and Insane Dawg like this.
  5. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,984
    There’s a certain satisfaction watching paint dry.... a sense of accomplishment. So it’s more exciting.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

chas1116 likes this.
  6. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,957
    I defend Fowler all the time, so I guess it's only fair I say that I thought he was one of the few who had a poor game today. It had nothing to do with his jump shots though, which I was in favor of him continuing to take. I just checked the +/- stats (since even when I think he plays poor he somehow seems to do well there) and he was +7, which is pretty awful given where everyone else was. Brunk was +24 in virtually the same number of minutes. Butler's scoring trio in this one were all +27 or +28.

bmradio99, Hinkle and bwesson15 like this.
  7. NateDog

NateDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $539
    I think I started that by saying he averages 8 a game. That was asterisked as my immediate reaction following the Ole Miss game where he scored 3 points. Would love to be proven wrong, and he's shot the lights out so far in Atlantis. Still think he needs to be a more aggressive driver, because he's not bad at it, and not many players average double figures as a spot up shooter. But if he can hit contested looks consistently like he did tonight, he just may. There's just not much of a sample size of it so far in his career, and little more worried about BE defenses.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  8. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    I completely forgot to ask coach about it post game, but this is the first blowout since Hastings has been participating 100% in practice. His lack of playing time at the end seems a pretty strong indication that they aren’t ready to burn the redshirt option yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

bmradio99 likes this.
  9. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,650
    I too wish he took it to the basket more and create. His jump shot form is perfect and he is fairly athletic. Because of what this kid went thru and how hard he had to work to get to this spot he is my fsvorite Dawg. So I’m partial.

10. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,650
    Since he made the trip can he still be redshirted?

11. dawgs2014

Money:
    $2,589
    Yeah. Travel is only restricted to transfers.

12. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,650
    Oh OK. Is Golden there?

13. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,088
    Yes Golden is there. He's on the bench

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,119
    This game available anywhere to rewatch? I recorded the game on ESPN2 before leaving the house yesterday only to find it was actually on ESPNU.

ButlerNut likes this.
  15. WMUDog

WMUDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $233
    Is it possible to see both Hastings and Golden with a redshirt? We will be 10 deep without them this year once Tucker becomes eligible. I think that would be very exciting for next year. We loose Fowler and PJ but think about the incoming. Nze, a more experienced Hastings and Golden and a freshman (what's his name, Battle?) who should be ready to contribute right away.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  16. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,650
    Just search ahead in the coming days. They often rebroadcast games.

17. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    That's what I would do, assuming the coaching staff doesn't have buyer's remorse on either of them. I'm a huge fan of redshirts. I'd rather get a player at ages 20-23 than 19-22. In order to do that though you need depth, and Butler has that this year. Golden has been injured since May, so I doubt the staff really even knows what they have there yet. I'm sure they would like to actually see a few weeks of full out practice from him before they make a decision. Butler could use an actual PF on the roster, so if he's good enough to contribute right away I doubt they redshirt him. I'm not sure what Hastings is going to bring that isn't already on the roster unless he's simply better than guys like Baddley, and it's hard for me to believe he's that good already as a freshman.

WMUDog likes this.
  18. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,119
    I found it on the WatchESPN but good lord that APP is garbage. Buffering every 15 seconds. I dont love Butler Basketball enough to sit through that kind of torture. I'll see if I can find is elsewhere.

19. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,650
    Look ahead on ESPN TV programming

I Am Butler likes this.
  20. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member

Money:
    $545
    Unless a decision already had been made, do you think you would have gotten a meaningful answer?