Jared Grubbs

Butler Bulldogs (3-1) vs Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (3-2) - 11/22

Jared Grubbs, Nov 22, 2018

Settled
  1. chas1116

chas1116 Active Member

Money:
    $262
    The now Kermitless Blue Raiders have a #183 KP so yeah, they are swimming around the bottom with the WGB, OAK’ & ooey pooey’s “Carps of the Horizon League”. The 2017 NCAA appearance is far back in the rear view mirror.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $120
    It was nice seeing the shots fall in yesterday, and the team was much smarter with the ball than they had been the previous few games.

Tonight is going to be interesting from a matchup standpoint with Kevarrius Hayes, who is a really athletic 4 at 6'9, 227. Butler really doesn't have anyone playing at the 4 who can match up with him and Keith Stone at the same time.

Will be a good test to see how well they can compete with higher level teams though. If this were next year, at least from a physical standpoint, I'd feel a lot better about the matchup.

bumba likes this.
  3. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,528
    Amazing what a 24 hour turnaround can produce.

4. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,281
  5. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $846
    Yeah, I was wondering if Butler was planning on redshirting Hastings and Golden too. Last night was a prime opportunity to give them some minutes and see what they have, up 30.

I mean if you're not going to play them in that situation. When are you?

6. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,167
    Golden is hurt, he hasn’t dressed for a game yet this season. Pretty sure he’s out until January.

7. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,040
    Golden cannot practice full contact until Dec. 1, at the earliest. I don't think they feel Hastings has his legs under him, yet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,281
    Coach said at one of the last home games (maybe Friday?) that Hastings was fully participating in practice. He might not be ready to actually play meaningful minutes due to conditioning, experience in the system, or any number of reasons. You would think that he would be given mop up minutes at the least though. This is a once in a lifetime experience to play basketball down in Atlantis. Coaches usually make sure kids get to experience it if at all possible. Assuming he’s capable of playing, the only reason for not getting him into the game that I would agree with are disciplinary reasons or preserving a red shirt possibility. Given that there are no reasons to expect he got into any trouble I’m going to assume they want to keep that redshirt option on the table.

9. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $1,040
    He would have to feel really good about his upside or not so great about our recruiting to do that. We can all go nuts trying to read the tea leaves if they leave the red shirt door open on Keese.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $120
    Hastings isn't at a position of need on the wing. Next year they theoretically will still have Baddley, David, JGB, Tucker, McDermott, and Nze (and possibly Golden at the 4) at the 3 and 4 spots. Biggest position of need is point guard in the 2020 class, so I don't believe recruiting is a factor in the decision since the 2019 class is a wrap. I think it's a good option to keep open for both Hastings and Golden if they're receptive to it.

11. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,296
    Hearing there is huge upside with Golden and he will play minutes and lots of minutes. Jeff Meyer and Vall both had long convos with Markeese last night in the final minutes of the game. Guessing reassuring him that he will play at some point this year? Or explaining why he’s being held out.

12. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,114
    WatchESPN app has it archived. Just log in with your cable subscription. App works really well if you have a good LTE or WiFi connection.

13. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $1,040
  14. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,859
    Looked like Jordan was focused on Brunk when he came over to ge on them, but I'm not sure.

15. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,404
    same problem here. Got home in time to see it was already a blowout.