Defense: 273
    Tempo: 177

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    MBA2003 and znelson15 like this.
  2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,298
    Morehead hung in there for awhile tonight against Missouri...eventually losing by 18. It will be a nice measuring stick to see what we do to them vs what Mizzou did. I was thinking 20ish for the line.

It's the final taste test then the restaurant really opens. I don't care about how badly we win...just get through this healthy and have all wheels driving against Mizzou. Other than Smits and Hastings of course who I am now convinced don't really exist as humans.

MBA2003 and znelson15 like this.
  3. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,130
    Looking ahead to Missouri Mark Smith is on their team and I believe we went after him then he choose Illinois and later transfered and we thought we might get him again lol. Hopefully Thompson can introduce him to Butler Basketball

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Tentozen and znelson15 like this.
  4. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $733
    Starting to have Butler basketball withdrawals
    Looking forward to another game

joliebeth23, bwesson15 and ChiDawg3 like this.
  5. ChiDawg3

ChiDawg3 Member

Money:
    $111
    Yep, count me in for being way to excited to watch another Butler game.
    Here are a few fun facts to get us through until tip off.

Butler has allowed 54.3 points per game and scored 75.8 over its four-game home winning streak.

Butler has 45 assists on 79 field goals (57 percent) across its previous three games while Morehead State has assists on 39 of 80 field goals (48.8 percent) during its past three games.

Butler has protected the ball on offense by turning the ball over on just 12.7 percent of its possessions. That is the seventh-lowest mark in all of Division I. On the other side, 21.1 percent of all Morehead State possessions have resulted in a turnover. I can't wait to see AT and the boys get after them on defense!

Is it me, or do these stats remind anyone else of the Butler of old???

Go Dawgs!

6. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,339
    just thinking about our prospects for pulling off a pretty special non-conference slate (e.g. 2 or 1 loss): I know its not probable collectively, but we will likely be favored (even if slightly) in all but 2 individual matchups: at Baylor and neutral against Purdue. Florida we play at home and they are currently 12 spots lower in KP; Oklahoma and Missouri we play on a neutral floor and they are ~10 spots lower. If not Oklahoma, we will matchup against Stanford who is 50 spots lower. Ole Miss is 30 spots lower although they might be favored since it is at Ole Miss. Obviously our expected record is something like 4 or 5 losses but its not out of the realm to lose only 2.

7. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,302
    Let’s just beat Morehead St. tomorrow night.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

DawgPoundMac, MBA2003 and Insane Dawg like this.
  8. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,981
    and what if we run the non conference table undefeated...could you believe what we would hear over at the Xavier board ;)

9. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,418
    Let’s just win one at a time.

znelson15, DawgPoundMac and MBA2003 like this.
  10. Josh Nichols

Josh Nichols Member

Money:
    $84
    I think it’s possible. This Butler basketball team plays really hard. It’s not going to be easy, but I believe in LaVall and the players.

Tomorrow night’s game should be tough. I’m expecting to stay for the entire game. I think Morehead State will battle, but ultimately I see Butler winning. The best part of being 4-0 is the chance to go 5-0!

joliebeth23 likes this.
  11. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,130
    If you think it’s possible to run the non conference table but also think Morehead State at Hinkle will be a tough battle I’m a bit confused where your head is at my man.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    BHayden likes this.
  12. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,981
    He's a troll, don't feed the troll, it's a Xavier fan or Ari, just Report, Block or Ignore and move on

Bulldogs260 and Hinkle like this.
  13. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,726
    I may have undersold us back before our first exhibition game....

joliebeth23 and NCJon like this.
  14. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,121
    Jared, you list the game date as 11/16. May I inquire as to the final score so I can bet the spread?

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

knobcreekfan likes this.
  15. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $521
    Stax - to compound things, the first couple of days this week I was already mentally on next week and ready for Thanksgiving. Early yesterday I realized I was off a week. Then I saw Jared's post for the upcoming game on 11/16. Wait...what F*ing day is this?!

Staxawax likes this.
  16. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,298
    No kidding. Hopefully enough people are doing this so that this thing, whatever it is, is gone soon. So annoying. I've asked for him to get S-canned, no luck thus far.

estar20dawg likes this.
  17. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,129
    Pregame keys to success article is posted! It's been a busy week of content for me so it is coming a bit later than normal (you can blame the 1.5-hour podcast recording :p). I hope that you all enjoy - should be another fun one as Morehead State's starting backcourt consists of three players from the Hoosier State. I have also linked a few of my other pieces that relate to Butler in this post.

Keys for Butler against Morehead State: https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/11/21/butler-basketball-keys-success-morehead-state-2019-20/

Other Butler-related content from the week (there's another one coming tomorrow on top recruiting classes in the nation as well)
    National Top-25 Power Rankings (from Monday): https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/11/18/ncaa-basketball-power-rankings-louisville-duke-vie-top-spot/

11 high-majors exceeding metric expectations (from Wednesday): https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/11...gh-major-teams-exceeding-expectations-so-far/

Week 3 Big East Power Rankings (from earlier today): https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/11...ankings-depaul-butler-exceeding-expectations/

As always, thank you for all for reading and your support on the pieces.

bwesson15, BoyGeoff, Tentozen and 3 others like this.
  18. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,134
    Butler -19

znelson15 likes this.
  19. hortonamos

hortonamos New Member

Money:
    $8
    I'm not a huge fan of looking too far ahead at all, but I want to point out that playing in KC is hardly a neutral floor. Sure, the Sprint Center is a couple hours from Columbia, but that's gonna be a Mizzou crowd. It may as well be a home game for them.

Tentozen likes this.
  20. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,298
    We open at -19.