Jared Grubbs

Butler Bulldogs (4-0) vs Morehead State Eagles (4-0) - 11/22

Jared Grubbs, Nov 20, 2019

Settled
  1. Shimmy

Shimmy Member

Money:
    $65
    Kind of an ugly game. Hopefully shaking some stuff out before next week. Biggest takeaway personally: I keep wanting to compare Nze to someone else from Butler's past (Wideman usually), but dang if he's not already carved out a name for himself in just a handful of games. Completely exceeding expectations on the offensive end and living up to my most optimistic expectations on defense.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

Tentozen, NCJon, 2xDawg and 4 others like this.
  2. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,251
    Kamar gets fouled 3 time and no call on the other end good D and gets called for a foul?!??!?

3. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,278
    Good to see McD back in.

ButlerNut, Insane Dawg and kmacker69 like this.
  4. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $515
    jkcdawgs and willisbrown like this.
  5. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $9,278
    Haha that dunk goes. Would have been HILARIOUS if that Kamar 3 had put Butler up 19...

Instead, we all lose either way.

6. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,461
    Dunk waved off

7. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $9,278
    Waived off!

Hahahhahahahahahhaa lost by a half point!

SpartanDawgs and ButlerNut like this.
  8. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,108
    joliebeth23 likes this.
  9. The Ghoul

The Ghoul Member

Money:
    $68
    Dawgs played much better in the second half. 5-0 got to love it

bumba, Insane Dawg and kmacker69 like this.
  10. ThePioneerLeague

ThePioneerLeague Active Member

Money:
    $403
    Gotta get better on the offensive end, but that team wasn’t bad. Had some good athletes on the perimeter so the Dawgs didn’t have a lot of easy-bucket offensive possessions.

Gonna need some more firepower going forward, need more of a punch from McD and Tucker. AT is rock solid but you can see sometimes out there that his lack of shooting really muddles things up spacing wise. Liked what Battle brought tonight.

The defense continues to be outstanding. The guards were just awesome, hounding their guys every possession. Very few lapses. Guys 1-10 seem connected on that end, really a sight to see.

Gonna need a good effort to beat Mizzou in KC!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Tentozen and madeline18 like this.
  11. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,484
    McD and Tucker had rough nights shooting for the most part. They are needed in the games upcoming. Hopefully m wheel is ok and he's ready to roll. Tuck just needs more consistent run. I find it interesting he gets in and yanked all the time early. Yet he is always in there the final few minutes. He was mostly off tonight. I think though sometimes you need to just swallow the medicine and see if he can get in a rhythm. His defense wasn't that bad tonight.

Baldwin was off the charts for the most part. Hitting from deep and breaking down defenders.

I love Nze. AND, if Golden can hit even one of those 3s consistently...that means so much to this offense. It will open up everything.

Defensively...another great performance. This team really locks in on that end.

ButlerNut and joliebeth23 like this.
  12. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,498
    Ugly first half and poor shooting from three. Impressed with defense. Glad Sean is OK. Again he needs to shoot more. Love for us to take four of the next seven.

13. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,209
    I’ll take a bad shooting night vs More Head! Lol
    Seriously let’s just be glad we aren’t injured and 5-0 heading to KC!
    Battles energy was great again

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,903
    Nobody will remember the first half score in a few days. Win counts!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Bulldogs260 and Insane Dawg like this.
  15. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,163
    Just got home and starting work on my takeaways. I'll have that article out in the morning. (Also, with regard to the HoF Classic, I'm planning on doing just one Butler preview for the entire event and then takeaways from both games. Thoughts?)

Takeaways are complete and scheduled to publish at 7:30 am ET. (There is one sentence that I will update when stats fully update tomorrow morning but it's ready to go :) )

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    ButlerNut, BoyGeoff and ButlerFan89 like this.
  16. Tark43

Tark43 Active Member

Money:
    $367
    I was in front of them all night. I'm convinced they're really X fans. Maybe Cubs fans in the summer time? All 12 of them tried their best to take the place over.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  17. jarik

jarik Active Member

Money:
    $127
    I thought Tucker was quite effective in helping break the press late in the 2nd half.

Like a lot of people, I'm a Battle fan.

bumba, DawgPoundMac and Insane Dawg like this.
  18. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,498
    That was why he was in there plus for foul shooting.

jarik and Tentozen like this.
  19. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,621
    This was a hard game to fully digest. Nice defensive effort by both teams for the most part. BU did nice job of taking care of the ball in the 2nd half. MH State was very quick and had some active hands. BU had to adapt to some small ball. A clunker, but add another to the win column. Time to get ready for the meaty part of the schedule.

bmradio99 likes this.
  20. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,102
    20 second half points was nice to see. I started having flashbacks to last year during the first half, though. They seemed disinterested at times on D, leading to some wide open threes. Also looked sloppy with the ball in first half.

When they want to play D, like they did in the second half, man, they are fun to watch. I hope that was a wake up call, because they won’t be able to afford to take possessions off the rest of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Tentozen and 2xDawg like this.