Jared Grubbs

Butler Bulldogs (4-1) vs Florida Gators (3-2) - 11/23

Jared Grubbs, Nov 23, 2018

Settled
  1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,957
    Butler did a terrific job of taking care of the basketball against those traps. Both Thompson and Baldwin made some nice passes and several good decisions. That extended defense did still have a big impact on the game though. It's a part of the reason that was only a 57 possession game. It significantly delayed Butler's offense, and Butler doesn't run a quick offense as it is. I would love to know Butler's points per possession when starting a possession after a live ball miss vs a make or a dead ball.

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  2. DawgPoundMac

DawgPoundMac Active Member

Money:
    $185
    Man, the Dayton loss sucked, but looks like the team needed a punch in the face to get going.

I absolutely love the way the team played tonight. Great effort from everyone and the defense was particularly good overall. While enough can’t be said about Kamar tonight, David and Baddley both quietly had solid games. David is a solid passer.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,168
    Good defense is Butler trademark!

dippper61 likes this.
  4. coach roastbeef

coach roastbeef New Member

Money:
    $11
    great win tonite!

5. wazthree

wazthree Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,917
    Why did Jimmy Dykes keep saying that Baldwin was a “17% 3point shooter”?

He isn’t the best but his career % is much higher than 17%.

6. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    That was his season percentage after the Dayton game. That would be especially silly to reference in the Florida game considering it was 32% heading into that one.

7. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    Because he thought it was more indicative to state this year’s % (based on a whole 5-game sample size) as opposed to last season or career stats. Last year he was 33% - not great, but certainly not terrible.

By the way, did you know that he didn’t like the way Kamar brings the ball back by his ear?

8. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,961
    It wasn’t as odd as the night before when he was commenting on a shot that Jorgensen took saying “now that’s a shot he hits about 22% of the time”. It was just a runner in the lane, not sure where he pulled that number from.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

wazthree and Danville Bulldog like this.
  9. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    Sounds like it was worth the trip to the Bahamas just to not have to listen to the ESPN broadcast. The MTSU game was actually awesome because there wasn’t much crowd and the game was quiet so I could hear the Butler radio a few seats down for most of the game.

NCJon, wazthree, PSUButlerFan and 3 others like this.
  10. wazthree

wazthree Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,917
    Is Jimmy Dykes married? If so. Someone needs to tell her about his affair with multiple dolphins.

KCbufan21 and huss587 like this.
  11. gmoser1210

gmoser1210 Active Member

Money:
    $295
    Just to be clear, my comment about Fowler needing to dunk instead of doing a layup is not meant to be part of the Fowler vs. Brunk debate. I’m not interested in the debate, except to say that with Brunk’s playing level being comparable to a senior’s, I’m really excited to see the player he grows into by April of 2021.

troggy likes this.
  12. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    In both our offense and our defense the 5 is supposed to leave the lane.....

What you miss: Fowler cutting off the drives of guards on the perimeter and getting back
    To guard the entry pass to the post; Nate consistently reading where the play is going and getting position to take away post entries. He almost never makes a mistake on assignments and ball screens. The irony is that he’d have a lot more rebounds if he were worse at these because there would be a lot more shots that are not long jump shots.

Of course you know none of this, but like to gleefully parade your ignorance around the forum as if it’s a badge of honor. Your comments on the gameplay show a lack of knowledge of the game, and your perpetual efforts to go out of your way to attack one of our players show a lack of decency as a human.

Nildogg likes this.
  13. dawgs2014

Money:
    $2,589
    I’m not saying he accurately relayed the information, but this would be available on Synergy (as well as a lot more in depth info), and I’m sure the announcers have access to that info.

14. dawgs2014

Money:
    $2,589
    What the hell are you talking about? We have faired extraordinarily well in the ncaa tourney.

In the last 5 years we have lost to Ken Pom rated teams of 3,4,5,9. Our only game that wasn’t competitive was in the sweet 16 to the best team we played in that time frame and national runner up, UNC.

In the last ten years we have gone to the tourney 8 times, had 3 s16 or better, 2 NC games and 1 first round exit. 2009 was the only time we lost to a team worse than us per KP. Even including 09, we are on average 16.75 spots worse than the team who eventually beats us, and our avg loss is 5.75 points, which is just about what you’d predict for that margin. We have only lost by double digits to eventual participants in the NC game. The loss is 2 or 3 in half of our losses and 4 in another. Besides 09, the closest we were in terms of Ken Pom rating to the team that beat us was 10 worse.

We’re actually *more* reliably good in the ncaa tourney than we are in the regular season, so your observation is factually baseless. In our last 9 years, the only upsets that that occurred have ended in our favor.

None on this stuff that proves yet again that you have no clue what you’re talking about is my opinion. It’s fact. It’s also not my opinion that you go out of your way to attack him, even when he’s not being discussed.

You may have been a coach, but whoever it is that you coached should ask for their money back.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  15. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,053
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, yes, but not their own facts. You refuse to accept and analyze the objective fact that the team tends to do very well on each end with Fowler on the floor. We can probably come to reasonable but differing conclusions as to why that's the case, but before any discussion about that is even worth having, you have to be willing to acknowledge basic objective truth. It is no different than beginning a debate on the origins of climate change with a person who disagrees that the earth is getting warmer, despite millions of basic, definitive, objective, measurable data points. This is the part that is excruciatingly frustrating.

As I've said before, you are entitled to enjoy watching Brunk play more than Fowler (I OFTEN DO TOO!), but you are not entitled to an opinion that the team does better with him on the floor because that is not an opinion.

NCJon, Tentozen and PSUButlerFan like this.
  16. dawgs2014

Money:
    $2,589
    This is just your opinion and an I have a different opinion.

I swear to god I’m kidding and if I weren’t I’d hope the people on here who know who I am would come find and hit me with a 2 x 4.

NCJon likes this.
  17. gmoser1210

gmoser1210 Active Member

Money:
    $295
    This is bigly true. So many people don’t understand. So many! Sad!

NCJon and #60 like this.
  18. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,780
    "Objectivity is in the eye of the beholder"

Huh???

Hinkle, NCJon, Tentozen and 2 others like this.
  19. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,312
    I had the same reaction.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. dawgs2014

Money:
    $2,589
    Ok but Jared’s post had nothing to do with measuring who is best equipped to get you one basket.

So I guess you missed the point.

Tentozen likes this.