Butler Bulldogs (5-0) vs Missouri Tigers (4-1) - 11/25

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Jared Grubbs, Nov 25, 2019.

1. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,487
    Consider the source. He had to google Bryce Drew

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,462
    The best part of this game is that everyone made positive contributions.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  3. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,239
    I’m a White Sox fan, and I agree!

bmradio99 and huss587 like this.
  4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,299
    I'm so impressed at this point. This thing is 180 from last year. Running Tucker at point forward (as some genius mentioned a few weeks ago) is such an aggressive and positive play. It does so many things. It needs to be he or Thompson running things. Baldwin, as I said, is an impressive player from so many angles, but, the ball in his hand too much results in turnovers/less ball movement. If Thompson ain't in, Tuck runs the show. Period end of story.

The defense is at this point simply insane. Having bigs that can actually play basketball and having guards that can guard freely knowing they have back up...it's night and day. You know GD good and well they knew last year they had nothing up front so they overdid things. They trust Golden/Nze/David this year and they are playing controlled and making things happen. It's amazing what happens as a guard when you have a front court you can trust.

Stanford tomorrow. Let's get this thing done and stay unbeaten. Great game and great performance. We may have something special here.

5. ButlerNut

Money:
    $4,487
    UDDawg, BoyGeoff and 2xDawg like this.
  6. ButlerNut

Money:
    $4,487
    Just finished game and caught up on thread.

For all of you complaining about the interview with Drew, relax. It was designed to be the length of the 4 min segment. It was well done and they split screen the game. If you need announcers to laud praise on the Dawgs to complete your experience, I’m sorry. You’re probably the same people that complain when the baseball announcers interview a coach or the 7th inning stretch singer for half an inning.

Or maybe the Dawgs played so well you didn’t have much else to complain about. Other than the forced passes leading to too many turnovers, I thought the Dawgs played one of their most complete games in the last couple of years.

Excited to see them take on Stanford tomorrow.

troggy, bwesson15, BHayden and 3 others like this.
  7. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,873
    I think the issue with the Drew interview is why do you have to split screen it in the first place. Nobody tuned in to watch his interview. You can talk to him and occasionally cut in between possessions, but give the audience watching the game the respect of full screen.

#60 and SRG like this.
  8. ButlerNut

Money:
    $4,487
    Fair point, don’t need to see him to hear him. But it is the Hall if Fame tournament and he did get inducted this weekend.

troggy likes this.
  9. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,873
    I was just glad I was watching on a 70" tv and not my phone.

butlerguy03 and ButlerNut like this.
  10. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,239
    iPad for me haha. Oh well. It was fine.

znelson15 likes this.
  11. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $2,693
    Just started watching - only complaints in first half were a couple of the turnovers from Baldwin and Nze and lack of box out late in shot clock late in half. Didn’t like the interview during game but meh whatever. Didn’t think commentary outside of that was terrible. Didn’t think fouls were poorly called. Otherwise great half.
    More bad turnovers by Thompson early in second half. Weak offensive foul call x2 in second half on Nze. Mizzou made some tough shots early in second half, can’t fault the defense. Love the answer by us every time, usually spearheaded by AT or done on offensive end. Timeouts by Lavall were good timing. Surprised to hear from announcers that McD gave the shush sign after his three. Happy with the rebounding effort. Can’t complain about one miss from the FT line. Like Tucker’s sense of urgency when he was bringing the ball up, just better decision making with entry passes (could say that for a lot of guys tn).
    Didn’t think the foul calls on the whole were as bad as chat would have suggested, but that’s always the case. Baldwin seems to get tunnel vision late in 2nd halves - I like the drives but there are guys open on those drives.
    Happy to see guys like Golden and David step up on offensive end.
    TLDR - only concern was the TOs.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. The Ghoul

The Ghoul Member

Money:
    $55
    I personally don’t care what length the interview was designed for. Homer Drew is a nice guy, but they should have done the interview during halftime. When the game is underway (especially a Butler game), I don’t want to view it via a split screen and have to listen to a bunch of dribble that is unrelated to the game. Thanks for your television production tips. I take it you must have been a communications major in college. Zingy zingy!

Insane Dawg and SRG like this.
  13. huss587

huss587 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $371
    That’s more or less what you get when Dickie V is on a game. But Hawk would be sure to drone on about the lost art of the bounce pass and how a guy nicknamed “Tiny” was the best at it on the 1953 Fort Wayne Pistons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSUButlerFan and Sidd Finch like this.
  14. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $730
    He would have also absolutely mentioned Yaz. Doesn't matter if Yaz never played one second of basketball in his life, Yaz would have, somehow, made it into the conversation.

dawgs2014 and huss587 like this.
  15. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $2,693
    Interesting Kenpom has us in projected three way tie at top of BE with Nova and Seton Hall at 11-7 now

RPEye, Shimmy, SpartanDawgs and 5 others like this.
  16. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,247
    I cannot wait to see Nze, Golden, David, etc wipe the floor with Joey next year in the Crossroads.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

17. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,273
    That might have been the only time Coach Drew was available. The guy's in the Hall of Fame. Let them show him respect. I sure respect him.

ButlerNut likes this.
  18. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $333
    Love it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

19. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $659
    They don’t do a split screen during a baseball interview. I wanted to watch the game, not the Drew’s.
    Also don’t need announcers to laud praise, just pay a little attention to, and call the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

20. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,420
    Only problem I had was splitting the screen. When I’m at a live game I don’t hear the announcers nor need them to understand what I am watching. I always mute my TV if Vitale is announcing. The interview with Drew should have been taped and shown at half time. Just don’t split my screen. If I don’t want a smaller TV

Tentozen likes this.