Butler Bulldogs (5-1) vs SLU (5-1) - 12/1/2018

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by butlerdawgs123, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Anyone have any expectations, scouting or thoughts on this game? I heard there will be a large Butler crowd in attendance.

2. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Active Member

Money:
    $501
    I'm curious how to watch the game? It says ESPN+, is it only being broadcast online to subscribers of that?

3. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $380
    Should be on like Fox Sports Indiana as well if your in Indy/IN.

4. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Active Member

Money:
    $501
    Nah in Illinois, so I guess I might be SOL.

5. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,053
    I hate this game. They're not good enough to be much of a resume-boosting win (though if they win the A10, I guess that changes), but they're plenty good enough to beat us.

So far this season, SLU has been pretty bad offensively but has played solid defense. They take very few threes and when they do take them, they make them at just a 31% rate. What they do best is prevent second chance points.

6. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    That means they'll light us up from 3 on Saturday. Seems like that's usually how it works.

BU4lyfe, bmradio99, bwesson15 and 5 others like this.
  7. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,088
    Some unknown whose career high is 4 points will go off for 6 3's and drop 27...

8. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,303
    Yeah this is a certified Trap Game (TM)

estar20dawg likes this.
  9. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    What is their turnover rate!

10. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $918
    Allow me to present you Fred Thatch Jr. A 6'3 freshman from Sikeston (that's not a really place), Missouri who is averaging 1.7 pts and shooting 8.3% on 3s (1-12) in just under 15 minutes a game. He seems like the perfect candidate to drop in 16 points and hit 4 triples on Saturday.

11. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $380
    Red Panda will be there and they're handing out Rally Towels.... Not a good sign.

Hinkle and BU_NeonHat like this.
  12. gmoser1210

gmoser1210 Active Member

Money:
    $295
    I liked SLU. I went to SLU for law school. Then, the year we were in the A10, when discussing the new Big East on the Holy Land of Hoops board, I suggested the league stay at 10 teams to give SLU more time to show they were able to sustain success (something they haven't done). This resulted in a discussion on the billikens message board about figuring out where I live and suggesting a violent lesson being taught to me about respecting their program. I no longer like SLU. I really hope we embarrass them on their own cookie-cutter court.

13. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    Apparently they're almost sold out for the game on Saturday - Hopefully the guys are ready, but this will be SLU's biggest home contest of the year. Bank on it being extra hostile.

schoops and bumba like this.
  14. IndieDawg

IndieDawg Member

Money:
    $1,778
    Yeah they abused us that year in the A10. I distinctly remember telling my friend that St Louis sports fans are some of the best fans around...know the sport, respectful etc. then they came to Hinkle and we’re absolute jackasses. Several fans were booted from Hinkle for taunting other fans and players. X type of behavior

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

15. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
  16. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    This just results from Cardinals fans false sense of superiority.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

bmradio99 and Tentozen like this.
  17. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,780
    IIRC, Mr. Chaifetz, who donated to get his name on the arena, has a courtside seat right at halfcourt and likes to be obnoxious.

18. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,242
    I know nothing about SLU's team or how he's doing this sesason, but frosh Carte'Are Gordon was a AAU/HS beast and recruiting coup for Ford

on a personal note, IMO this isn't a trap game and I'm laying the points (assuming we're favored). we'll see how that plays out for me

19. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,053
    BU should be favored by about 2.5

20. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,053
    Not sure if you really want to know or just being facetious, but I'll post anyway. It's 20.6, or 240th in the country. Like I said above, SLU's offense has really struggled so far, as it doesn't have any clear strengths and does have some definitive weaknesses (e.g., turnover rate and three point percentage). Its offense actually ranks below Miami-OH's and is only slightly ahead of Detroit's. If we can put up points, they should struggle to keep up.