Overall: 31
    Offense: 51
    Defense: 22
    Tempo: 326

2. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $927
    -Bryce Squared will have their hands full down low with Blackshear and Johnson...need to avoid the early fouls because we don't have the depth down low to bang down low for 40 minutes
    -Florida has shot 30% from 3 so far this year, so might be ok with Butler daring them to take those shots (although with Butler's past luck, they would hit like 60% of their 3s in the game)
    -Need to find more shots for McD...cannot continue to have him taking 5,6,7 shots a night
    -Going to a slow paced, methodical chess-like game more than likely, but wouldn't mind pushing the pace a bit more
    -Major props to KB for that AA like performance last night, but maybe a little less hero ball/ISO at times

3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,299
    Mike White is a good coach...he'll have a scheme to try and slow down Baldwin for sure. McD and Tucker need to be firing away and on point. Our bigs are definitely going to have their biggest challenge to date. There's your key. Whether White can slow down Baldwin, Baldwin will still get his. How close can our bigs come to neutralizing their bigs?

I'll be watching from afar but excited to see a packed and loud Hinkle Saturday afternoon.

4. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,195
    It isn’t hero ball when it’s efficient. It’s taking advantage of your strengths and the other team’s weaknesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. fan

fan Member

Money:
    $53
    Brand new here; admit to being a Willis fan

2xDawg likes this.
  6. fan

fan Member

Money:
    $53
    but i do prefer Kansas City barbeque

bu1973 likes this.
  7. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,299
    The natives will now murder you for admitting you like me :)

Glad to hear it though and welcome aboard. For a smaller community, we have a lot of strong basketball minds around here. And game threads are a trip.

ButlerNut, troggy, MBA2003 and 5 others like this.
  8. fan

fan Member

Money:
    $53
    loved coach Al McGuire (ok I'm old); he always coached hero ball; never wanted more than one superstar; i like heroes; without hero ball there would be no heroes; the hall of fame is full of em

shoeevv likes this.
  9. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,239
    Keep. The. Streak. Alive.

ButlerNut, mwall787 and MBA2003 like this.
  10. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,134
    Butler at -2. That's my guess.

11. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,134

Wofford???

bmradio99 and NCJon like this.
  12. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,686
    Butler is a better team right now. Hinkle will be a significant advantage Saturday. But...

Florida needs this one a lot more. The desperation factor certainly favors Gainesville. Further, it’s only human for the team to at some point get a big head...(wise coach once said: “you’re never as good as you think you are and you’re never as bad as you think you are...)

That’s the only thing that concerns me.

13. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,121
    A true willis fan would have taken the handle “willis fan”.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $345
    adkWillis incoming

ButlerHomer, fdr, butlerguy03 and 9 others like this.
  15. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $901
    What about ,"Title fan"??

Ok I just ducked....whew that was close!

Go Dawgs!

Sent from my moto z4 using Butler Hoops mobile app

godogs91 likes this.
  16. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,299
    I believe this is a wonderful idea. Stax, you are always coming in with the good stuff.

fan likes this.
  17. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,510

Agree. Finding more shots for McD should be a priority. But he also needs to look to the bucket a little more. So many times he receives a pass on the perimeter and his first instinct is to put the ball on the floor (not going to the bucket) or passing. IMO, he needs to look for his shot a little more.....if you have a little space, go up with the shot, or a ball fake or step back (of course, circumstances and situation permitting). Wish we ran more sets that would free him on the perimeter and relying a little less on him creating his own.

KB has improved his shot so much in just one year....but you can't rely on him scoring 31 in every game. Also, wish Tucker, with his size and with "some" ball handling skills, would not settle so much from the perimeter and would take the ball to the hoop more. The few times he has done it he has produced. Not a bad free throw shooter. Pretty obvious reason why we fail to get to the line with any regularity and that needs to improve. Think we're leaving some offensive potential untapped that we will probably need down the road.

RE: Florida. Blackshear is going to be a handful. Taking the break (when available) might not be a bad idea, keeping Blackshear out of as many half court sets as possible.

Danville Bulldog likes this.
  18. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,057
    I had the same concern against Ole Miss. The same concerns are festering for Florida. If we win, though, I’m pretty damn confident our humble pie will come against Baylor.

Win both and this team is officially a top 5-10 squad in the country.

19. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,442
    Perhaps,but the one thing I am convinced of, at this point, is that Ohio State is most likley the best team in the country - hate that.

MBA2003 likes this.
  20. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,686
    Crazy as it is, I agree it would be hard to argue this isn’t a top 10 team if they win both (but the odds they win both are quite small - about 20%).

Just win Saturday and I don’t even care about Tuesday.

ButlerNut likes this.