Jared Grubbs

Butler Bulldogs (8-0) vs Florida Gators (6-2) - 12/7

Jared Grubbs, Dec 4, 2019

Settled
  1. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,432
    I hope Bumba isn’t attending the butler Florida game he will be 24 hours early

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,737
    Consider the O$U debt paid when LJ came out on top against CH in 2017-18. BU is in good hands now.

3. LA-OC-IE

LA-OC-IE Active Member

Money:
    $244
    As others have stated it could be necessary....2 fouls early from either Bryce and he's gonna be out there.
    David defends guys bigger than him fairly well...that Euro from Ole Miss last year comes to mind...just not sure if David can guard Blackshear?
    JMM might be a better defender around the perimeter than Golden?
    I also stated I'm not familiar w Blackshears game...but I think he's more perimeter than Oturu?
    True JMM has a way to go defending the pick n roll...but his length could be an asset on Blackshear...not sure if he's a pick and roll or pick and pop, both or neither?

4. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,432
  5. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,726
    Yes, typos I can assure you. We have tickets.

6. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,592
    upload_2019-12-6_17-15-48.png

Here is the history of Butler and Florida. Every game was decided by single digits until the game last year that we will never talk about again.

I remember the first game on St. Patrick's Day in the NCAAT that year. I was so impressed by the Dawgs effort. LaVall was a player on that team, along with Joel Cornette, Andrew Graves and Darnell Archey.

In 2007, Florida won the Tournament and was never challenged more than the Butler game. Florida had Holford and Noah (and a lot of questionable calls go their way). Butler was stacked with fan favorites (Pete Campbell, AJ Graves, Mike Green, Willie Veasley, Drew Streicher, Brandon Crone and Julian Betko). They earned their #5 seed in the tournament (highest ever seed at that point) but had to face the buzzsaw that was Florida.

We all know about the 2011 game...as we all know where that team ended up. But Florida was a #2 seed, and heavily favored in the game. When it went to OT, I thought that was the end. But the Dawgs showed they deserved to be there.

Last year the first win was the Battle for Atlantis.

Last year, the second game didn't ever get played...EVER.

Attached Files:

7. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,382
    Just to clarify, if our post players get in foul trouble, JMM will play, that is obvious.

That however is not what was being said, I.E., we could actually benefit from playing JMM some minutes (again, against the SEC Preseason POY).

That’s what I was asking about, because outside of the 18 minutes he was forced to play against IUPUI, there’s been no reason other than a forced hand due to foul trouble or a game that’s already been won to have him in the game.

8. littlebigman

littlebigman New Member

Money:
    $19
    Hi all. Just joining this group. My daughter graduated in 2002 and I have been following the team since 1999. I’ve really enjoyed reading your comments.
    I’m so happy to see the team getting back to Butler Basketball. The chemistry looks so good.
    I feel if we get by Florida and win either Baylor or Purdue we’ll be a top 15 team.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

jeff likes this.
  9. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,673
    Line is out on my board. Butler -4.5. O/U 120.

10. ButlerNut

Money:
    $5,592
    That's an intriguing O/U...

Butler limits teams to the 50's and FL scores in the high 60's. But Butler scores in the 70's. Something has to give in this game...

I think I would land on the over...65-61 Butler

11. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,440
    Still hanging on the wall. That team was true grit. Deserved to win that game. IMG_0667.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2xDawg, bmradio99 and ButlerNut like this.
  12. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,673
    Yeah, I don't bet on Butler games in real life, except for last year when I bet against them and won aplenty. I'm back on board this year so I don't touch it. Buuuuut...

That O/U does look very tasty.

ButlerNut likes this.
  13. ButlerNut

Money:
    $5,592
    Great stuff!

14. ButlerNut

Money:
    $5,592
    Agree...and I don't bet on Butler either...except in here where it's safe...

seadawg likes this.
  15. SFlaDawg

SFlaDawg New Member

Money:
    $19
    As someone who has lived in Gator country, what I find fascinating is that Gator fans don't even know there's a men's basketball game today. Football is truly king as far as the fans are concerned. Of course, they still draw incredible talent.

MSUDawg, bumba and godogs91 like this.
  16. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,451
    Agree. Lived in SWFL across 2 different stints for 15+ years. It's telling that the Gators play basketball in a sterile, 40-year old arena that seats just over 10,500 while across the street the football team plays in a 91,500 mecca.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

17. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,726
    Seems really low, especially if one team comes out hot and this turns into a 3 point shooting contest to get the lead back.

18. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,852
    I can confirm that as well - just watched the local channel sports news down here in St. Lucie county, and it was entirely about football - College & local high school, not so much as a peep on basketball.

19. fan

fan Active Member

Money:
    $164
    BS she is not a downer at all and I for one ( and suspect many more agree) find her comments 100% pro Butler, positive and uplifting.

2xDawg likes this.
  20. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,852
    I think she's a he.

dawgs2014 likes this.