Jared Grubbs

Butler Bulldogs (8-3) vs UC-Irvine Anteaters (11-2) - 12/21

Jared Grubbs, Dec 20, 2018

Settled
  1. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $225
    Christmas came early tonight!! With Tucker and Golden all the gaps are filled. We can D up. We have size. We can shoot. We have big time depth. We can wear teams Down. Feeling pretty good about our Bulldogs now. ! Let’s take it to FLA and get a win. Just a question of the pieces falling in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,522
    Blue jerseys always please.

cornette33, jarik, huss587 and 3 others like this.
  3. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $479
    PJ didn’t take many bad shots today and still put up 19. That’s the PJ I want to see! I’m glad we have Someone else besides Baldwin that isn’t afraid to drive and create their own shot with JT.

Fowler didn’t play well again. I don’t mind him starting but he shouldn’t get most of the minutes.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  4. Michdog

Michdog Active Member

Money:
    $203
    I also don't think it was Fowlers best game, but I still think he’s a slightly better passer than Joey and also does a good job of sealing off down low for Baldwin and JT - no stats to back up my observation so just my opinion. My thinking is that I’m satisfied with the diversity we get at the center position and not going to keep us from competing in the BE.

5. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,023
    Wow. AT on Markus Howard is going to be something. Dude is just going off on Buffalo.

Tentozen likes this.
  6. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,542
    Before the IU game Butler had a 7-8 man rotation. One week later it's approximately 10.

kmacker69 and BoyGeoff like this.
  7. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,542
    I'm happy to see them platooned. Each brings something a little different to the table (strengths and weaknesses).

8. indienapolis

indienapolis Active Member

Money:
    $249
  9. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    I don’t think the board is giving enough credit for that performance. That’s a top 15 performance.

That was a good opponent and they were absolutely suffocated. I heard some of their players talking after the game and they were incredibly impressed by Butler.

10. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,154
    Tucker has gone for an efficient 27 points and 13 rebounds in his first 34 minutes of play.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $2,300
    I love Baldwin’s efficiency right now as well. The team played tough and inspired from the get go and everyone was sharing the ball (did make a few TOs late with too much of it). What I take out of this is we have options - 2-3 shot creators and another 2-3 guys that can go double digits if needed. If one guy isn’t playing well you ride the hot hand. Before I was concerned if Baldwin or PJ was off we were done but I’m much less concerned about it now.
    Even with David getting bumped possibly from the 8 man, I liked his D and presence. I think he’s a cerebral player who is getting into the flow.
    JT can absolutely get off the floor and like his rebounding so far.
    What I’ve noticed is since JT came on, Baldwin is playing a lot looser and appears more active on D. I still think PJ and KB need to look to drive and dish more but that’s nit picky from today.

Lavall can ride the hot center, ride the hot shooter (JT and McD), and ride the role player who is playing best (BG, CD, HB). The only concern I have is if AT gets in foul trouble.
    I really think PJ should be back up at the point so KB can stay off ball. Unfortunately don’t think that was planned going into the season so he may have no ability to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

wazthree likes this.
  12. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,043
    The what?

13. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,170
    You know . . . the flicking. Too much flicking.

DawgsMD likes this.
  14. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,170
    If Thompson gets hurt, we are screwed. There is no replacement for what he does and everyone gets a little worse without him available.

#60, Hinkle and ConnersvilleBulldog like this.
  15. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,203
    Well, I for one am ready to say this is a different and better team with Tucker playing. Whoever said Baldwin is now better is right - he doesn't have to do everything now and is playing much looser. I don't think anyone in the BE can beat us at Hinkle. I worry that our road credentials are weak, and we will get a good look at those next Saturday in Gainesville - we are being given only a 32% chance of winning there by the TR model, sounds right to me. If we can win there and go 9-9 in the BE I think we are in the tournament - its a really big game for the resume.

16. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $92
    I don't think 9-9 gets Butler in without a major run in the conference tourney unless they find a way to beat Florida in Gainesville. 10-8 maybe, 11-7 most likely. Agree with the rest of what you said.

Hinkle likes this.
  17. MSUDawg

Money:
    $1,203
    That is what I was trying to say, 9-9 and a win this weekend works, if we lose to UF, we will need to go 10-8 in conference or better to get in - I'm not factoring in the tournament in my logic at this point - too hard...

18. ArizonaXU

ArizonaXU New Member

Money:
    $37
    Good lord, after eating our own crap sandwich there is no way Butler goes 9-9 in conference. I write this is a good lurking way. X, I think maybe wins 2-6 games and places 9th or 10th. Butler, I can see winning 10 at worst to 14. If Butler goes .500 in conference, someone is hurt. I see a high of conference winner to a low of Maybe 4th.

Marquette is maybe better, Villanova maybe also but they rely on threes. St. Johns is good but their coach is still Mullin. Providence has shown me nothing in the non conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#60, Tentozen and SRG like this.
  19. MSUDawg

Money:
    $1,203
    The computer models suggest we will go 11-7, and 12-8 is not unreasonable, my point isn't that I think we will go 9-9, rather that a win would allow us to, and still go dancing. 9-9 isn't a zero probability outcome - stuf happens...

20. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,522
    Honestly, 12-6 probably puts you in 2nd or a tie for 1st this year. There aren’t any teams going 14-2 or 1-15. It’s going to be very conjesfed in the middle.

If Butler can hold serve at home and win 3 road games, that puts them in the Big East hunt.

Dunhamfor3 and MSUDawg like this.