Butler Bulldogs (9-1) vs Indiana Hoosiers (8-1) - 12/17

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Irishdawg, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,627
    If not a home and home, a Butler-ND neutral site game (United Center?) would be fun.

huss587 and pappyball like this.
  2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,521
    If my eyes do not deceive me the IU-BU series is now tied since IU last visited Hinkle back in 93 at 6 wins a piece. I don't think PU has beaten BU in the last 20 yrs. While a ND series would be interesting and they did beat us in dance a couple years back, BU has fared pretty well in that series going back 25-30 years. Maybe they would consider playing on a neutral site but I doubt they do a home and home. ND has resisted playing BU for a spell going back to when Digger coached.

3. jvoigt

jvoigt Member

Money:
    $92
    I really thought the Crossroads would have given our Dawgs a chance to play Notre Dame in years where IU and Purdue only play once during the Big Ten conference season. I looked at IU's schedule last year and noticed they only played Purdue once. Playing Purdue the 2nd time in the Crossroads in such years would add spice to an already great event and it would get Butler playing Notre Dame in Indy at Bankers Life.

4. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,695
    Butler is 5-6 against IU including the 1993 game: http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...&game_result=&is_overtime=&order_by=date_game

Purdue last beat Butler in December of 1998. The Dawgs have won five straight: http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...&game_result=&is_overtime=&order_by=date_game

troggy likes this.
  5. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,695
    Notre Dame is weird. They refuse to schedule home-and-homes with Purdue too. I don't know what their deal is.

DawgPoundMac and teamwork12 like this.
  6. wazthree

wazthree Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,917
    Nowhere near the same. Butler has been the way better program versus IU this century.

Current students have not seen IU get past a sweet 16 in their life.

Butler is in the Big East and has been higher rated than the Big 10 for awhile. A Big East team won the national title, something only people under 50 can remember IU doing.

IU is light years behind who their insane fans consider their peers (Kentucky, Duke, ETC.)

Ohio State whose basketball team takes a distant seat behind football has been way better than IU this century.

Anyone that can't see this, is a delusional Hoosier koolaid drinker.

Butler plays in a league where 70% of the teams are currently projected to make the tourney.

The Big Ten a little over 50%.

The Mvc a mid major 1-2 big league

Please tell me again how Butler playing @ISU is in the same galaxy of reason for IU and Butler on a neutral floor?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    teamwork12 likes this.
  7. teamwork12

teamwork12 Member

Money:
    $12
    Loved the game. Great win.
    Did anyone notice Crean towards the end of the game when our freshman guard was dribbling up the court being guarded closely and Crean got within three feet of the ball going alongside with his hands down guarding the ball. Reminded me when the Cleveland State coach in 2010 stuck his foot out trying to trip Gordon Hayward. If you have played any basketball you know how distracting this can be let alone being a freshman in a pressure situation. I know how Crean goes up and down the sidelines but this totally blew my mind wondering why the referee 10 feet from the play didn't t him up. Let me know if anyone else seen this discusting act from the weak big ten team's coach.

8. jvoigt

jvoigt Member

Money:
    $92
    Banker's Life should be IU's home away from home. It's not and Butler has a lot to do with it!!!

9. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $632
    It's obviously not exactly the same. I just found the complaints about playing at ISU to be silly because it was the last year of the series and it was originally scheduled back when Butler was still in a mid-major conference.

10. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,025
    Check that. They made the Final Four in 2002, when most current students were like 5-9 years old. They've been to the Sweet 16 three times since then. Nothing to scoff at from an objective standpoint...but not nearly on the Kansas/Kentucky/Duke level that IU seems to think they are on.

11. wazthree

wazthree Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,917
    I remembered 2002, but that is like me saying I remember watching Reds win a WS or Bengals in 88 Super Bowl. Sure I was alive, but only 6-7 yo.

12. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $632
    Not to mention the Big Ten Tournament is played there.

13. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,299
    B1G tournament is in Washington DC this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,110
    That was Knight's team with Mike Davis coaching it.

15. btlrblldg

btlrblldg Active Member

Money:
    $402
    I went to an IU game at Disassembly Hall a few years ago and sat about 5 rows behind the IU bench in that little weird area there. I commented then and have noticed ever since that Crean actually appears to be part of the IU defensive scheme. This isn't hyperbole either. He gets so far out on the court along the baseline throughout the entire game that he almost has to draw himself into the play. It's unreal. He should be T'ed up almost every game for wandering too far out of the box, how it doesn't happen regularly is beyond me.

teamwork12 likes this.
  16. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,231
    Holy hell that was a bad call.

17. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,521
    Thanks for correction Milksteak and the statistics website. Interesting that 4 of BU's 6 losses occurred in Bloomington. While 4 of BU's 5 wins took place at neutral sites. In truth neither school needs the other to gain stature at this point but I hope they continue to play. It's been pretty clear for a while now that Butler has arrived.

18. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,627
    My seats weren't great and I had a good buzz going at that point. I had no idea that call was that bad. Yikes. And the no-call on that foul on Chrab towards the end. Just amazing. You can't get more clearly fouled than that. Refs are bad. But they're not "out to get us" and it all evens out in the long run. Doesn't mean those weren't some dreadfully bad calls.

19. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,142
    Yeah I may have kicked the **** out of my dresser on that one, and maybe broke a couple knob thingies off. That call was brutal. Here's the best thing though-the call sucked and the fall was worse, dude knocked his head on the floor....then he went bananas. Many would have cried about it, been taken out, have it in their head etc...instead, Kelan stepped the F up and used IU as his toilet. He responded so well to that. Yes, he has his flaws at times, but, he's one tough as nails kid.

20. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $632
    My mistake.