Butler Bulldogs (9-1) vs Indiana Hoosiers (8-1) - 12/17

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Irishdawg, Dec 14, 2016.

1. gmoser1210

gmoser1210 Active Member

Money:
    $295
    In all seriousness, is IU now #5 in the state? Looking at RPI, Valpo has just as many top 150 wins and only one loss to a team outside of the top 50.

Staxawax likes this.
  2. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,002
    #6.

Butler, Purdue, Notre Dame, Valpo, IPFW (head to head counts), IU.

Staxawax likes this.
  3. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,493
    This isn't a fair comment. You do know that Yogi graduated last year and he's a tough one to replace. And OG was hurt a few games ago. So who knows if he is back to full strength. And the crowd just didn't seem to be as noisy as it usually is in Bloomington. And the students are on vacation. So forget the home court advantage. And it was an early night game and not an afternoon game. And, the refs just gave Nebraska that game. Watch the tape. And can you blame them......I.U. is still a little miffed because they are still thinking they are a Top Ten team, having beaten Kansas and North Carolina. Sort of living on past laurels. Just like I.U. and their fans have done for years. Winning 5 titles, but the last one over 30 years ago. So cut these guys some slack. The basketball team may not be in mid-season form, but the I.U. excuse mongers really are. P.S. Even when you hate the program, and you want to them win for selfish reasons to bolster our RPI, they still f*ck it up! Losers.

4. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    How are the players supposed to get up against Nebraska? They aren't even a Top 10 team! IU might as well have played against UMKC last night. They're basically the same as Nebraska. IU should've been playing the Cavaliers last night in Madison Square Garden. IU plays for championships!

5. MilkSteak

Money:
    $2,784
    All jokes aside Yogi bailed IU's ass out of a lot of games last year. They don't have a guy like that this year.

6. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,985
    I assumed and still do this was a tongue-in-cheek post. However, in listening to the Star beat writer on Dakich's show last week he kind of implied Fred Glass (IU AD) would rather be in a showcase event with KY, NC and another power than in the Crossroads. Probably they would prefer the recruiting coverage they would get instead of staying home and being the 3rd or 4th best team in the Indy classic. Sucks going from 5th in the country to 5th in your state!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

7. MilkSteak

Money:
    $2,784
    Osterman is a hack.

Don Fischer was on JMV recently and said the Crossroads Classic was a tremendous event. He wants IU to stay in it.

8. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,143
    IU is quickly losing their marquee appeal--who's to say the showcase event with KY, NC, etc is even on the table for them any longer?

9. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    If there were a Classic with Kentucky and NC I would think Duke, UCLA, Kansas, Louisville, Michigan State, Syracuse and a number of other schools would be picked before IU.

10. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,120
    Is IU in the Phil Knight tournament?

11. MilkSteak

Money:
    $2,784
    IU is Adidas. I would imagine it would be a conflict of interest.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  12. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,032
    My comment was entirely tongue in cheek... pay attention children

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

13. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,312
    It's limited to Nike teams. I think IU is an Addidas team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpartanDawgs likes this.