Butler Bulldogs vs. Creighton Bluejays - 1/5

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by bmradio99, Jan 4, 2019.

1. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,023
    I think they changed that one before last year...

pappyball likes this.
  2. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,375
    Did every bulldog get on the stat sheet today?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

pappyball likes this.
  3. jarik

jarik Active Member

Money:
    $149
    This was an impressive effort today. And, a lot of it was with AT in foul trouble.

pappyball likes this.
  4. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $17,291
    At one point it was any elbow to the face, trying to cut down on the offensive players swinging elbows. I'm pretty sure they backed off that rule, and I don't think this would apply anyways.

pappyball likes this.
  5. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $17,291
    Golden didn't record anything other than 2 minutes.

pappyball likes this.
  6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,991
    Great win. Give it up for everyone involved in the program & huge day for BU's defense.

pappyball and BoyGeoff like this.
  7. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,481
    Who wants to start the twitter account @LavallJordanPants

?

pappyball, DawgPoundMac and DawgsMD like this.
  8. Woof

Woof Well-Known Member

Money:
    $983
    Such a big win for so many reasons, but most importantly this a mental toughness win. I feel like a lot of our recent struggles have been mental (miss a couple shots, lose confidence, reflects on defense, the cycle continues the more shots you miss and the other team makes). Creighton typically hits a lot of shots, and they had their runs in this game. Butler answered every time with a run of their own.

This was a team effort. Obviously, Kamar had a fantastic game, but Brunk and Fowler were terrific. Baddely and PJ played tough defense. Tucker had some nice flashes as well. McDermott and AT didn't have the best games, but other players picked them up. This was a team victory, which is highly encouraging moving forward.

Continue to play hard, have fun, and stay mentally tough and we could finish top of the Big East. Can't regress back to the Florida-G'town version of the team. Keep the momentum rolling!

9. Woof

Woof Well-Known Member

Money:
    $983
    Forgot to mention that we should give credit to LaVall as well. He drew up a good defensive gameplan, made the right lineup adjustments, and had the team ready to play. When the coaching and the execution is on point, sky's the limit.

jarik, pappyball, DawgFan and 6 others like this.
  10. Michdog

Michdog Active Member

Money:
    $272
    I know it’s probably just the heat of the game to get on their coach, but unlike some posters I have no issue with McDermott as a coach. Seems under control and only gets agitated when he feels it is warranted. Teams play under control and he takes advantage of the talents and abilities of his players.

11. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,686
    That was a must-win game. It’s good to have Butler basketball back! Howard, Stigall, and Graves were at the game. I wonder if LaVall had those guys come talk to the team?

Also, in the postgame interview, Kamar said there was a players-only meeting.

12. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,513
    Huge win. Creighton is a solid team but I wonder if they are really an elite 3 point shooting team. On the one hand, they came into the game top 10 in ncaa in 3 pt shooting; on the other hand they were sub-300 in free throw shooting, which is usually indicative of shooting ability. Obviously still a huge win given our last 2 games and our previous issues with Creighton.

Now let’s see what team shows up for 3 winnable games on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

pappyball likes this.
  13. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,305
    Needed this one today. Gotta have that effort every time or this is going to be a long season.

pappyball likes this.
  14. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,561
    jarik, pappyball and DawgFan like this.
  15. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $3,426
    They needed a players only meeting. Loved the active hands by guards on drives to the lane.

pappyball likes this.
  16. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,679
    The stat the says it all is steals. Butler had eight players with a steal. Think about that.

17. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $14,679
    I scratch my head with the criticism of any player today. I don't get it.

18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,991
    I'd like to ask Coach Jordan's tailor where the hell his head was during the 2nd half. Otherwise, no complaints.

bmradio99 and pappyball like this.
  19. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $14,679
    Team meeting by the players is the best form of leadership. It doesnt have to come from one or two players. It can come from everyone which showed today.

20. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $14,679
    Liked the switching on the high ball screen. Dived tail with what we talking about that needed to change from the GT game.

pappyball likes this.