Butler Bulldogs vs. Creighton Bluejays - 1/5

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by bmradio99, Jan 4, 2019.

1. harvesting

harvesting Member VIP Member

Money:
    $168
    That was on Paul.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

pappyball likes this.
  2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,528
    BS aside, the name of the game was defense today.

pappyball likes this.
  3. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,955
    IIRC, Paul was the guy who got beat, but McDermott was in perfect position to step over and prevent a wide open layup and didn’t do it.

pappyball likes this.
  4. indienapolis

indienapolis Active Member

Money:
    $248
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    pappyball and DawgPoundMac like this.
  5. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,644
    I'd cut him

harvesting and pappyball like this.
  6. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $724
    Lukas, I’m not just blowing you smoke when I say you have outstanding insight and you’re an excellent wordsmith. You really are better than many cats with big reputations and bloated bank accounts. Keep it up.

7. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,312
    Dismiss him from the team, or are you grabbing a knife?

Sent from my SM-G892U using Butler Hoops mobile app

pjohnsto2003, pappyball and tyrin101 like this.
  8. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,644
    He made two mistakes. Off with his head I say. What say you?

harvesting and pappyball like this.
  9. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,525
    Hey, it's for a good cause. "Towels for Tendinitis".

pappyball likes this.
  10. IndyDawgs

IndyDawgs Active Member

Money:
    $429
    I would say I’m feeling better but this team’s performances against Georgetown and then Creighton gave me whiplash.

pappyball likes this.
  11. WMUDog

WMUDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $233
    LJ is the best Butler coach ever!

12. nicklas_early

nicklas_early Member

Money:
    $186
    Couldn’t see the game because I was at work. Does anybody have any video of the CD tech? I’m curious: CD got chippy during the Ole Miss game and today. Any correlation, or am I just reaching?

Also, Colts look very good right now.

DawgPoundMac and pappyball like this.
  13. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    In the post-game, Nate said during the first semester he had a rough academic schedule going to IUPUI for his engineering labs and some classes (double major in Economics and Engineering), so he's only recently been able to get to the gym and get some 3 point shots up. Really hope he's able to continue knocking shots from the perimeter down. Completely opens things up on offense for the rest of the team.

Great defensive effort for most of the game today. Shots aren't always going to fall like they were today, but good to see the focus on defense. Kampen said the switching defense was the same thing they did for the Creighton game last year.

Tentozen, Dawgedd, bwesson15 and 2 others like this.
  14. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member

Money:
    $328
    pappyball likes this.
  15. pappyball

pappyball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $664
    Love this. How much did you lose betting against the dogs?

PSUButlerFan, jeff and kmacker69 like this.
  16. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,160
    Seton Hall 73 Butler 46 Myles Powell goes for 40 & Butler shoots 24% from the floor as they continue to be awful on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

17. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,705
    I got 11 or so likes, so Pappyball is home from the game! I love Willsbrown's input, but nice little jab also Pappy!

pappyball likes this.
  18. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,193
    Although we shot extremely well from 2–we were a respectable, but not outstanding, 11/30 from deep. Winnings comfortably without going bananas from 3 is a plus.

pappyball, Tentozen and PSUButlerFan like this.
  19. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,306
    This means a ton to me. I might not be a journalism major (healthcare and business) but I love writing about college hoops, both nationally and Butler-centric, and your support means a lot. I am so glad that you (and others) enjoy my content and the time I put into it. Thank you for the support.

pappyball and Tentozen like this.
  20. jal8908

jal8908 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,119
    Been avoiding the board for a bit for my own sanity after a couple really ugly games, but some thoughts:

1 - Liked the starting lineup and rotations today. I think I would have preferred Tucker over McDermott, but I really liked getting Henry out there to help set the tone on D and Joey to provide early energy. And I think reading the flow of the game and then coming in off the bench is really good for Paul and Nate.
    2 - Phenomenal game from Kamar. One thing I noticed prior to today was it felt like he was almost trying too hard to draw contact and get to the line. Last year (and today), he often used that floater and his length with spin and angles to avoid defenders and get cleaner looks. Hope that continues going forward because he is really creative in the lane finishing. I know analytics says getting to the line more frequently is good, but I'm not sure that's his best play. Also, get rid of the ball screen for him. He's not a great passer out of the double team and I'd rather space the floor, let him break his man down, and either get to the rim or take the easy read to the spot up shooter in the corner when that defender comes to help.
    3 - This team is so much better when they play inside/out. We need heavy doses of Brunk post touches and Thompson dribble drives. Good things happen when those two are aggressive.
    4 - Love CD not backing down. The retaliatory push was not smart, but I'll also trade a T on our 9th guy for their starting center every time and that type of fire/toughness is huge for a guy trying to earn his spot in the rotation if he can channel it.
    5 - Is there any team in the country that gets a less friendly whistle at home? We weren't getting 25/75 calls, much less 50/50 calls.
    6 - Games like this are why this team is so frustrating. Defense and effort/energy should never slump. We've proven we can be elite in those two areas, it needs to show up every time out.
    7 - At this rate, would it shock anyone if the entire Big East finished 9-9? This conference is crazy this year.