Butler Bulldogs vs. Creighton Bluejays - 1/5

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by bmradio99, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Michdog

Michdog Member

Money:
    $106
    While I think Tucker can help this team and he has a smoothness about the way he plays that is very impressive, I still like that Baddley is getting more of the minutes at this point. He's a bit more unorthodox in his style, but his toughness (both offensively and defensively) makes me like his minutes (31 in today's game)

pappyball likes this.
  2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,151
    Don't worry. I made it back on the Colts :)

I was pleasantly surprised today. Great intensity and much better movement on both ends. Kamar was off the hook.

And this goes to show the Willis curse is still alive. Time to start firing in on seton hall.

3. kac12568

kac12568 Active Member

Money:
    $3,551
    The ball movement on offensive was great during the first half. They did not move the ball very well in the second half.

Kudos to Baldwin when he did post up down low, he was quicker at making a decision on how he wanted to take the shot. The last few games, he would continue to dribble 8 or 9 times while the double and triple teams would eat him up. Today, he may have dribbled during his post ups 3 or 4 times before taking his fade away.

20 minutes of great ball movement, doesn't mean they have corrected the problems of the previous games. They need to be consistent in quick and crisp passes and moving without the ball.

4. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Active Member

Money:
    $410
    I agree. While I like Tucker and what I think he can be, his D, toughness and fight still have a ways to go before he can play big minutes imo.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

pappyball likes this.
  5. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,772
    I loved the win today as much as anyone and probably we win this by 25 without the refs but in all fairness we have yet to show any consistency and worst of all show anything on the road. Here's hoping to be dead wrong but the smart money is on Seton Hall and every other opponent we play when we go on the road

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

pappyball and PSUButlerFan like this.

#60 Active Member

Money:
    $1,211
    I thought this at live action speed, but the defender never got to the ball. It's kinda evident from the elevated camera's angle, when slowed down. But it's clear that Christian passed the ball cleanly if you look at the BU highlight reel--around the 18th & 19th seconds. Creighton's defender reaches toward CD, but his hand only gets to about Christian's right elbow. At the same time, CD is doing his behind the back motion with his left hand, dropping the bounce pass for Kamar. Highlight link on this thread's Page 11 (I think).

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    pappyball and kmacker69 like this.
  7. Red1972

Red1972 Active Member

Money:
    $580
    The conference is average at best, no elite team. Would love to the Dawgs win two out of three on the upcoming road trip. Seize the moment Dawgs!

pappyball likes this.
  8. Clevedog

Clevedog Active Member

Money:
    $215
    Congrats to all you Colts fans, nice win. Keep it going.

pappyball and shoeevv like this.
  9. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,983
    I watched this several times from the 3 different camera angles they showed on the broadcast after I saw Jared talking about it on twitter.

There is no way David lost that ball. It was a pass, plain and simple.

pappyball and #60 like this.
  10. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,688
    It didn't slip.

I Am Butler and pappyball like this.
  11. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7
    Great to see the energy return yesterday. Defensive focus and effort was evident from the start. The line-up change worked. Brunk showed well, as did Baddley. Jorgensen and Fowler were efficient and effective off the bench, Baldwin had a great game overall with only a brief lapse into over dribbling and everybody watches starting the 2nd half. McDermott had 8 boards, and David demonstrated he should get more PT. Thompson needs to reduce the bad fouls.
    There were 2 he was called for that were unnecessary. 1 the ref should not have called but technically it was a foul. The call just didn't fit the way they were calling the game. It is a thin line between aggressive and over aggressive. This is an area he needs to improve. He needs to give coach the option to keep him on the floor. We just move better offensively when he handles the ball.
    We have shown capable of winning at Seton Hall. Let's get in there and take one. No small task, but the defensive focus will carry us when shots don't fall.
    Well done Dawgs and Coach Jordan! A very satisfying win yesterday.

pappyball and Tentozen like this.
  12. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Active Member

Money:
    $410
    I watched the play several times. I think he lost the ball. In fact, you can see him turn around quickly to see where it went.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

pappyball likes this.
  13. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Active Member

Money:
    $187
    Yesterday was a friendly reminder that this Butler team doesn't lack talent (they aren't the Dream Team, but they're better than what they've showed).

It was just the energy and execution that plagued them in recent games.

bmradio99, pappyball and willisbrown like this.
  14. Red1972

Red1972 Active Member

Money:
    $580
    A good win all around, I am sure LaVall and the other coaches slept well last night and hopefully the players have renewed their confidence.

pappyball likes this.
  15. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,151
    I hate to say it...but use IU as a measuring stick here. We bring that focus and energy nightly, a top 4 conference finish is not a wild dream. We can't afford to take nights off (not that good) but if we bring it like yesterday, we're in every game going forward. But slip just one bit...it's a gtown type of game.

DawgPoundMac, pappyball and shoeevv like this.
  16. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,688
    I re watched the game and focused entirely on Sean McD when he was in the game. This is what I saw:

Christian David always came in to give McD a breather.

McD almost always throws the ball in. The only exception I saw yesterday was when PJ thru it in but stepped over the line. This board and the announcers accused McD of the mistake but it was PJ. I think the mistake in accusing McD was because he pleaded with the ref

Defensively McD was slow on one switch causing a lay up. That was the only defensive mistake I saw

He had three deflections
    Dove for three loose balls
    Eight points on 3-6
    Eight rebounds
    Two turnovers
    One steal
    Two kicked balls while on defense

His eyes were always looking to see what was going on. He never took a play off nor jogged back on D. His ability to figure out rebounding angles is superb.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  17. harvesting

harvesting Member VIP Member

Money:
    $138
    I was referring to the inbounds play. I missed the play your referring to. The team as a whole played well yesterday, played good team ball. It was fun to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

pappyball likes this.
  18. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $1,523
    With regards to rebounding angles - when I played in HS, although I was 5’11”, and yes it was just HD but I was best second best rebounder, strictly because I knew angles - I tout my enjoyment of physics partially contributing to this. Some guys just have it and can visualize where the ball is going to go. It’s a gift imo.

19. pappyball

pappyball Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $268
    I’ll always love you willis, going back to the days of the old board. Really miss ol’ Bobby Thong

willisbrown likes this.
  20. DawgPoundMac

DawgPoundMac Member

Money:
    $136
    I agree with this and think it’s interesting.

I may be wrong, but I remember sub 6 foot Alex Barlow being an actually pretty solid rebounder, for example. On the other end, while I loved him as a player and he had the height, I don’t remember Chrabs being a very good rebounder.