Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by bmradio99, Jan 4, 2019.
Where was that mode the last 2 games?
Glad to see Kamar get to the line.
Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops
NFL Blitz and NBA Jam - good old rubberbanding
Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app
Nice half. Now keep it rolling!!
Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops
Let’s be honest on that David play... if that doesn’t work exactly as it did, LaVall is sitting him till February.
Is today a factor of playing better, Creighton playing poorly, or Butler marching up better against them?
Where was this team against Georgetown?
This new starting lineup looking nice
Sent from my SM-N960U using Butler Hoops mobile app
This is the team I had hoped would come out against Georgetown. Suspect officiating aside, that was an exceptional half of basketball.
Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app
This is the energy they must bring to all remaining games, win or lose, if they want to make the Big Dance.
Impossible to beat the team with Vick on it...I swear, 1/10 against them lol.
And I have no problem with 10 guys seeing the floor. They have to stay fresh and active defensively especially with how they have decided to switch on all ball screens.
Yea man you have 10 guys who can play, why not go max energy for 4-5 minute spurts?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app
Butler is playing 20x better. Creighton is shooting poorly from 3. Creighton had a terrible gameplan entering today (seriously, why do they double Fowler in the post but not Baldwin?). Combination of things.
Couple thoughts -
1) Finally some defense. Really impressed with how active we've been especially in passing lanes and scraping out when they drive. And, am I seeing LJ make an adjustment and institute a switch everything defense? Is it a one-game thing or will it become status quo? Question is can we rebound if we keep it and stay out of foul trouble.
2) Speaking of adjustments...love that he is finally playing with the starting 5, but even more important it seems LJ is putting some real emphasis on feeding Joey. For a couple of plays there Joey had some flashes of Chrabascz working the high post and passing out of it.
3) KB is playing like the KB we need and I think some of that is due to our fluidity in the offense around Joey. Just seems like he doesn't have the pressure to do as much and can work his spots.
4) It's a one-half sample but PJ has had very little run and I'm not sure you would have noticed he is avg 14 pts on this team. HB, JT, CD all look like they belong out there.
5) any recruits at this game? If not it's a damn shame we can't trade it for the other night.
I think it's a little of the match up and when we get rolling we keep it going by playing better. (They are not that big bodied physically aggressive team we have problems with.)
Butler's come out with just the right amount of intensity. So much more than against Florida, but not pressing or trying to do too much like they were against Georgetown.
The defense has been phenomenal against an excellent offensive team. Great help defense and communication. Sure, Creighton missed a couple of open looks, but you create your own luck with your intensity and execution.
On offense, the ball movement has been pretty good, could be better, but look at what happens when you have an efficient Baldwin. Completely different team. His shot selection and decision making in this game has been on point. Rarely has he settled for a jumper. Most of his shots have been at the rim, not stopping. He's such a good finisher when he...finishes! Jump stopping into a double-team has been his downfall. He's avoided that for the most part today, which takes our offense to another level. It also helps when you see some jumpers fall early.
Let's keep in mind that we've done this with three fouls from Thompson. This half shows the potential of this team. When they're out there having fun, playing hard, and playing to their strengths, we can play with anyone in the country. 19 up on a very solid Creighton team is all you can ask for. I expect Creighton to make a run or two in the second half since McDermott is a great coach and they're too good of a shooting team. It's how respond that counts. Let's finish strong!
Defensively I would agree. Offensively though I know a lot of us were TERRIFIED of the 3 point shooting ability of Creighton. That's not a great matchup for us.
jeesh, 20pts off turnovers. that's got to be a season high let alone for one half.
I'm hoping to see the same active defense this half. It sure makes a difference when the guys play like they mean it.
Also, is Creighton not capable of playing a zone?
Separate names with a comma.