Butler Bulldogs vs. Florida Gators - 12/29

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by bmradio99, Dec 27, 2018.

1. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,413
    Screw it, I'm starting this thread and it can be moved later.

One thing to consider: I don't expect this to be a raucous road environment. It's the week between Christmas and New Year's with students on break, and the Gators football team plays in the Peach Bowl earlier that day. (Atlanta is driving distance from Gainesville.) There are a lot of tickets on StubHub for six bucks right now, and really good seats are going for less than like $60.

While there would be no shame in losing a close one, Butler badly needs a non-con road W after failing to show up at SLU. A win here will go a long way come Selection Sunday.

Dunhamfor3, pappyball, Shimmy and 8 others like this.
  2. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    Agree that this is a big game if Butler ultimately wants to build an at-large resume. Will be interesting to see how often Florida sticks with multiple bigs in their lineup and if Tucker or McDermott can take advantage of it on the offensive end of the floor. Unfortunately Florida also needs this win too as their one good win (West Virginia) hasn't been that great this year.

troggy likes this.
  3. bwesson15

bwesson15 Active Member

4. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,134
    Understand there has been good demand for the BU tiks so hopefully Butler Nation will make its presence known.

5. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,119
    This game has huge seeding implications.

6. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,034
    Might have huge implications on whether we get in at all. Our resume is very bland right now and the BE is down from the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

MSUDawg likes this.
  7. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,184
  8. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,184
    I still believe Dawgs can get in with a loss in this game. As long as 10-8 in conference and at least one BET win.

Even though BEast is down this year, Pac-12 not impressing anyone, and not a huge glut of mid-majors that will be bubble at large.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Butler Hoops mobile app

Tentozen likes this.
  9. LA-OC-IE

LA-OC-IE Active Member

Money:
    $199
  10. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,706
    You have to think with their talent, Florida will have a couple good SEC wins. That will help. Getting them once already is nice, a true road win at a power conference team's court is huge going forward. A close loss won't be the worst thing, but damn a win would huge bounce going into BE play.

I look forward to seeing Tucker against a good sized lineup.

11. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,271
    I honestly wouldn't mind if the O'Dome is a little sleepy Saturday. I'd rather get a road win against an SEC team than anything else and an energetic crowd usually helps the home team more than the visitors.

Beating any team twice ain't easy. I'll be happy with a "w" just about anyway it might come this weekend.

12. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,306
    A little bit later than normal with my preview this time but hey, it's my winter vacation right? As per usual, this preview breaks down my three potential keys to victory for the Dawgs but I also reached out to one of my writing friends, Eric Fawcett of GatorCountry, to provide a bit more insight on Florida. I've watched my fair share of the Gators this season (as a national writer) but wanted to include some comments from someone a bit closer to the UF program. Hope you enjoy!

Here is the preview: https://bustingbrackets.com/2018/12/27/butler-basketball-keys-success-florida-2018-19/

13. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,667
  14. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,306
    I believe that article is from last month. Allen is averaging 13+ per game over his last five and shooting 37% from deep during that stretch. Still struggling a bit but not like he was in November.

15. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,667
    Whew, I feel better now. Thanks, Lukas. I will feel even better if I hear that Seth Davis is predicting a Gator win :).

Danville Bulldog likes this.
  16. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,081
    Butler 68
    Gators 60

DawgPoundMac and willisbrown like this.
  17. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,706
    Seth Davis is a great gambling tool. Go opposite of his picks, you're bound to hit at least 60%.

18. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,777
    Unless it’s Nova-Xavier

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

19. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,777
    He definitely is a tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  20. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,081
    Florida at -5. I can't believe it ... that's free money!

BulldogCTM likes this.