Jared Grubbs

Butler Bulldogs vs IUPUI Jaguars - 11/6/19

Jared Grubbs, Nov 4, 2019

Settled
  1. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,440
    I'm not arguing your point - but I think Campbell is still playing pro in New Zealand, or he was as recently as a year ago.

Edit: Time flies, he left New Zealand 3 years ago

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  2. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,868
    Pete Campbell was ridiculous at times. Such a pure stroke. At 6'7" as a SF in the Horizon League, it always felt like he was just shooting over his defender. Green/Graves produced so many open looks for him and because of his height it was difficult for his defenders to close out on him.

That said, the number of Butler players that could shoot 40% while taking shots at the level of difficulty Rotnei Clarke took can be counted on one finger.

Both are all-time great shooters.

3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,393
    Comparing players from one generation to another is very difficult if unrealistic. However I was curious about Pete Campbell’s stats. Did not know he is Butler’s All time 3 pt. percentage leader at 48% and was 51% in his junior year.

BoyGeoff and MBA2003 like this.
  4. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,458
    If anyone noticed, JMM was constantly communicating on the defensive end. While the red-shirt is now a moot point, he appears to be ahead of schedule on defense for nearly any of the post players BU has had recently. His offense will develop, but he will set some nice screens early on. He is very unselfish and a quality passer.

harvesting, BoyGeoff, MBA2003 and 4 others like this.
  5. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $727
    That was an atrocious call. Hadn't thought about it in quite awhile. Thanks. Now, I'll be grumpy for 20 minutes. ;)

UDDawg likes this.
  6. I Am Butler

Money:
    $4,868
    51.9%

Don't sell him short.

7. seadawg

Money:
    $4,458
    Much like "Pistol" Pete Campbell, McD is always set in a position ready to shoot the rock.

8. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,677
    Pete is the best.

People forget about Bruce Horan and he needs to be up there IMO. He only took 35 two point shots in his collegiate career. That is absolutely insane. On the other hand, 773 threes. Over 40% from deep.

9. seadawg

Money:
    $4,458
    Rotnei may have had the quickest release of any including DA and Shep, but Pete had the sweetest pure stroke of anyone to wear Butler uniform. IMO

10. Overland Bark

Overland Bark New Member

Money:
    $31
    I don't feel like Archey is getting enough representation in this thread. I understand the love for Pete on a spot-up shoot and Rotnei for his quick release, but how about Archey for shooting on the move? I'm pretty sure he never took a single 3 while standing still - go back and watch the Louisville game - it's incredible.

Shimmy, PSUButlerFan, MBA2003 and 3 others like this.
  11. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,342
    Campbell, Archey, and Clarke!

2xDawg, Staxawax and MBA2003 like this.
  12. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,393
    He was grossly under ranked.

BoyGeoff, godogs91 and seadawg like this.
  13. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,393
    And it looks like Sean has improved his ability to create his own shot off the dribble

14. seadawg

Money:
    $4,458
    Perhaps McD can set a new standard?

15. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,393
    For you junkies

Fletcher Magee from Wofford holds record for most threes at 508 shooting 43.5%

JJ Redick career shot at 40.6%

Stephen Curry college average was 41.2 %

Rotnei Clarke was41.6%

Sean McDermott is at 41.4%

Dunham was 38.5%

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  16. seadawg

Money:
    $4,458
    BU participated in the sweet 16 at St. Louis where Pete sank his usual cluster of three consecutive treys after coming off the bench. It prompted Billy Donovan to yell "somebody want to guard that guy". I will say Rotnei was the most innovative and prolific scorer since Shep.

17. ap234

ap234 Active Member

Money:
    $186
    The funny thing is that Pendleton has a kid that graduated in 2017 that arguably the best shooter of the bunch. Now they have a kid that’s a sophomore that might have a chance to be just as good of a shooter in high school as all of them and maybe better.

MBA2003 likes this.
  18. Overland Bark

Overland Bark New Member

Money:
    $31
    One must wonder what KD's percentage would have been if he hadn't been forced, almost single-handed, to carry perimeter scoring for that first Big East Butler team. He had the most 3 attempts of his career that year, in the fewest number of games, making 35.5%. Both his Jr and Sr years, with decent teams, he shot above 40%.

Shimmy, Tentozen, bwesson15 and 2 others like this.
  19. I Am Butler

Money:
    $4,868
    Who was the 2017 grad?

20. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,724
    I just realized that with YouTube TV, I'll have all of this season's Butler games on their limitless DVR for 9 months, so I can re-watch the season in the Summer. That's pretty cool. Carry on.

DawgPoundMac likes this.