Butler Bulldogs vs Marian Knights (Exhibition) - 10/27 - 2:00 PM

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Jared Grubbs, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,957
    [align=center][​IMG]........[size=large]VS[/size]........[img=200x200]http://www.blastmedia.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Butler_bulldog_logo.jpg[/img]

Time: 2:00 PM Eastern
    TV: N/A
    Radio: 93.1 FM

Butler Roster
    Marian Roster

[/align]

2. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    Discuss. Since this board needs something else to talk about. Are you going? What do you want to see from the team in the first exhibition game?

3. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,173
    Is the game going to be streamed? Thought Butler was putting something together this year.

4. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    I didn't see anything listed, but if you find something let me know and I'll update the post. For future games I'll list some stats and previous starting lineups, but obviously that doesn't apply for game #1.

5. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $749
    Just pumped to see Lick back in Hinkle

6. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    I'll be at Hinkle watching this game. I am excited to get this season started and get the taste of the CBI out of my mouth.

Some of the things I'm looking forward to seeing:
    - What starting lineup Brad goes with
    - The debut of Rotnei and Kellen
    - See if Khyle is ready to turn a corner and consistently become the star we all hoped he would
    - To see how much more mature the sophmores look with a season under their belt
    - Get first look at freshmen
    - Oh yeah, and to see a team hit outside shots again!

7. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,994
    For those of us a few states away, I'm looking forward to getting a few firsthand accounts of the team and the rotations.

8. Dog77

Dog77 New Member

Money:
    $5
    The things I'm looking forward to seeing this season:
    --How Khyle Marshall's mid-range jumper has improvrd
    --The new moves around the basket that Andrew Smith developed
    --Rotnei Clarke's development as a PG
    --To what extent has a year of physcial maturity helped Woods and Smeathers?
    --Roosevelt Jones' improvement at the FT line
    --The suffocating defense this team will put on opponents

It should be a fun season!

9. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,141
    I'm looking forward to seeing if Smeathers has a new haircut:p

10. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    Top guys from Marian to watch out for:

Aaron Evans 6'2, 180 lbs guard from Roncalli - averaged 19.3 ppg and 3 apg
    Jake Stafford 6'4, 205 lbs forward from Greenfield - averaged 10.8 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 2 apg and 1 bpg

I'm looking forward to the start of the season. Wish I could be there, but I'll just have to wait until the U Indy game.

11. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,957
    I would say I'm most interested in seeing Dunham, Morgan, and Woods. I think those 3 are going to be key to Butler's performance this year. Quality play from them could make Butler a very, very good team.

12. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $221
    I should be at the game. Since the competition isn't a Division One team I'm not really interested in what happens during the game per se. Personally, I'm more interested in seeing the team warm-up and seeing whose shot has improved this offseason since that will be critical as the season goes on.

13. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    First and foremost I can't wait to see and hear the ovation Coach Lick gets. I think he is one of the more underappreciated HC's in Butler's history. Took over after Thad bolted after one year( a tough scenario) and was able to put together three of the better teams in this schools history. We had Florida dead in the water. That game still stings.

Tutored Brad and Matthew well. They will probably be leading the ovation. They know better than anyone what he meant to the development of this program.

Lick got a major screw job at Iowa and never complained about it once. He seems very happy at Marian. Steve Downing is a smart guy to hire him. I would not be at all suprised if Marian wins their level National Championship somewhere down the road.

To me these exhibition games are really important. They help set the tone in regard to how the team prepares game to game. This is Andrew/Rot and Chase's team. They are the upperclassmen. The leaders. I would imagine all three of them will start vs Marian. I'll be interested in seeing how they lead and how they perform. Ron Nored was a great leader for the past 4 years. That is going to be a huge void to fill.

14. Dog77

Dog77 New Member

Money:
    $5
    Butlerfan,
    Great comments on both Lickliter and the team leadership. I couldn't agree more.

15. Butler1970

Butler1970 New Member

Money:
    $5
    Totally agree! Too long of a wait! I want to see Smith's potential this year.

16. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,173
    Big thing for me this year is the sophomores. Really want to see if Aldridge can his charging habits under control, Kam realizes he's so long that he should never shoot a three ever (could be an amazing offensive rebounder), if Rose developed a shot and can continue to be the rock on the team, and if Smeathers lives up to his scoring potential. I think judging him on last year would be unfair. He was injured the whole time.....I want to see him healthy. I don't know if he will be a great defender or a star, but he has a great chance to score minutes if he can hit his shot. People keep referencing if this year Kellen will play a Pete Campbell role....don't believe that. He's just too good of a scorer. However, I see no reason why Andrew couldn't be that guy if his shots fall.[hr]
    Also, I actually have no problem with Smith shooting 3s. He doesn't shoot a bad clip. Obviously his primary value offensively is in paint, but if he gets the ball on the outside with a clean look, then I have no objection to him letting it go....especially if Kam or Rose is inside.

17. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $279
    It's really all Kellen Dunham.

If he can be Shelvin Mack/AJ Graves as a freshman, Butler can do it. If not, no

18. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    http://www.butlersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/2012-13/releases/201210257nqrem

19. 85inarow

85inarow Member

Money:
    $23
    Just to prepare the masses for tomorrow...

Rumor has it with the updates to Hinkle and replacement of the windows, the eastside windows that allowed the sun to pour through, making midday games the treat that they are, have been replaced with "frosted" ones that won't allow any in. Epic fail IMO. That was one of the many things that made Saturday afternoons one of the best times to attend a game at Hinkle. Hopefully it isn't as bad as it was made out to be.

20. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,613
    I hope this is a sick joke. There is no excuse for that kind of ineptitude.