Butler Football

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Irishdawg, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $171
    Beat #24 Youngstown State today 23-21. Butler entered the 4th quarter down 21-7 and outscored the Penguins 16-0, including an onside kick and a 44 yard game winning field goal with only 4 seconds remaining to win it. Good fall season so far for Butler sports.

YSU entered the game as 37 point favorites

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    Jared Grubbs and ButlerNut like this.
  2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,960
    Outstanding start...

3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,674
    Fantastic!

4. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,196

#60 likes this.
  5. ButlerHomer

ButlerHomer Active Member

Money:
    $307
    Probably going to be the biggest upset in college football this year. The gap between top FCS teams and the Pioneer League are ridiculously big. I am incredibly impressed with the state of our athletic department across all sports. Great job by Collier like always.

Irishdawg, SpartanDawgs and #60 like this.

#60 Active Member

Money:
    $1,277
    THIS RESULT SHOCKED--& THOROUGHLY DELIGHTED--ME!!!

(I just wanted the squad to compete with YSU--especially since football is Youngstown State's "thing." Quite pleased!)

7. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $139
    This is probably a no-brainer, is Drew Bevilhimer ,football kicker, related to Paul Bevilhimer? Paul played basketball for the Dogs in 1951. Don't remember much about Paul as I had started to Tech and there were no more Saturday bus trips to Hinkle---Crosstown bus to Merdian, transfer to the North Merdian bus which dropped my brother and I off at the field house.

8. ButlerNut

Money:
    $6,196
    ButlerHomer likes this.
  9. GoDawgs

GoDawgs New Member

Money:
    $31
  10. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $171
    #60 likes this.

#60 Active Member

Money:
    $1,277
    Saturday's game against Taylor is very important. It's a must-win game--& I'm not disregarding or disrespecting Taylor with this statement.

Though the 5 TD differential that odds-makers placed on last weeks Butler/YSU game would be silly to make on this game, winning & how Butler may win will go a long way toward cementing the worth of our win over YSU.

Squeaking thru on the scoreboard & putting out a lackluster performance--like last year (which was a "meh" win)--will take much of the shine off of last week's victory. From all the reports from our game against the Penguins, we played inspired, error-free football & they didn't. Expecting a "1 penalty for 0 yards" performance week in & week out isn't fair. But playing smart ball & NOT losing to an NAIA team is crucial. (Especially since TU beat Indiana Wesleyan--fondly remembered as "Marion College"--by 43-31 last week. And this is only IWU's FIRST year with a football team.)

After last week's euphoria, no screw ups, please.

12. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,537
  13. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,374
    SpartanDawgs likes this.
  14. ButlerNut

Money: