Butler pauses season after game one

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by jkcdawgs, Nov 26, 2020.

1. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,681
    Yeah-what ncjohn said. It sounds like you’re saying the whole team has gotten covid so they won’t have to cancel again. Which is like not a good position to be in. (Not to attacks the messenger, I realize you didn’t opine on it)

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

BUcheer likes this.
  2. dawgs2014

Money:
    $5,681
    Lol the guy who nicknames himself “big hoss” tries to insult people for taking precautions against a deadly virus.

Really got it all figured out.

2xDawg likes this.
  3. BigHoss

BigHoss Active Member

Money:
    $276
    It's not a nickname Dawgs2014, it's reality. I'm 6'6", 330, built like an absolute tank of a man. COVID tried to enter this temple of a body. I felt it come in. But then it took a good look around and packed up its belongings and headed elsewhere.

4. dawgs2014

Money:
    $5,681
    You’re lucky; Technically obesity is a comorbidity.

2xDawg likes this.
  5. BigHoss

BigHoss Active Member

Money:
    $276
    Wow - now I'm being fat-shamed on a public forum! So much for the body-positivity movement. Not very understanding and inclusive of you, Dawgs2014. Sad!

6. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,689
    This is an outstanding response. Insanely hilarious. Well played, bighoss.

7. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Active Member

Money:
    $381
    Hope this is sarcasm— Nut is referring to NCAA policies I believe. Like when we have a player/coach out, our entire team is shut down for quarantine whereas not always the case in other sports or even other teams (see Gonzaga). It would be nice if there was just come consistency.

dawgsrock and ButlerNut like this.
  8. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,582
    I don't think that indoors/outdoors has that much to do with it. Games are being canceled before they are being played. Before teams are traveling.

9. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,582
    Big 10 had to change rules because the entire conference started late and then one game was canceled for OSU, right?

And there may be some football games canceled, but it seems that the major conferences aren't canceling.

And yes, football has many more players/coaches/team members, but that should lead the other way, that MORE players/coaches/team members are at risk and therefore the spread (close contact and quarantine) would be greater.

It just seems that basketball is either being overly cautious or football is being overly risky or that NCAA is not enforcing consistent policies around when players/coaches/team members must quarantine or when games should be canceled/postponed.

10. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,246
    Every conference has had to cancel and reshuffle schedules. The ACC did it a bunch of times, including one late that guaranteed Notre Dame a spot in the ACC title game. I mean they were extremely likely to get in anyway, so nobody was upset about it and Clemson and Miami still had to earn the second spot on the field.

The B1G situation is a mess because of the timing of that canceled game and then the rule change for tOSU's benefit. Even if it was the right thing to do, it has the appearance of protecting their marquee program. I wonder how hard they tried to find a replacement team. TAMU also had an opening and it would have been one heck of a game.

11. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,909
    Evidence is showing some folks can get the virus a 2nd time, as reported this morning on ABC news.

12. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,728
    Inside of or outside of 3 months of the initial infection and recovery?

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

13. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,909
    Unfortunately it appears both are possible. An increasing number of people have been re-infected although it is not a likely scenario. Each individual is different and if one is re-infected 90% are less likely to get a more severe case. Still no guarantees, as we have much to learn about this damn virus.

14. dawgs2014

Money:
    $5,681
    Ohio state has had 5/8 games cancelled .

I’m not sure where you get the notion that spread happens quicker amongst more people faster than it does amongst fewer, but that’s a tough position to logically support.

15. EagleIan

EagleIan Member

Money:
    $88
    Keep it clean. Don't be mean.

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  16. novachap

novachap Well-Known Member

Money:
    $308
    Hi folks, you you are safe and healthy. This has been just a crazy year and I can't believe your 1st game after the pause (second overall) takes you to Nova. I guess at a minimum, you will be rested! Seriously, it sucks and I feel for you. On top of that, now they are expecting snow n the east coast.... wouldn't be surprised if the time of the game moves. Not like they have to communicate that to attending fans! Be well...

NCJon, BoyGeoff, #60 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $769
    What's the attendance policy for Nova?

Game will likely be an ugly one for Butler. Just hoping the guys get their legs under them and everyone from both teams stays healthy. I've enjoyed watching Nova so far this year. Fundamentally sound and crisp when I've watched.

18. novachap

novachap Well-Known Member

Money:
    $308

It's actually Nova's first home game believe it or not... first four were in bubbleville in CT, then at Texas and then at Gtown. Last I heard, very limited. Parents/ friends of players only. All of these games have a feel of a televised "secret scrimmage" to me.

19. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,519
    I doubt it’s even that. Gov Wolf put in new restrictions - no more than 10 indoors and no more than 50 outdoors.

Penn State had senior day on Saturday. They had to sneak the parents in, and then they had to all leave and go watch on TV. Couldn’t even stay to see their kids on senior day. That’s ****ed up.

You can spread out 100 parents in a stadium that holds 107k.

So expect zero fans at Nova, including parents.

20. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,689
    What's that old saying? If a tree falls in the woods but there's no one around to see or hear it...did it really happen?

So, if Butler loses by 40 tomorrow, and there are no fans there, did it really happen? I say no.