Butler pauses season after game one

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by jkcdawgs, Nov 26, 2020.

1. novachap

novachap Well-Known Member

Money:
    $308
    Thanks, don't live near there anymore and its been pretty radio silent in terms of who gets in. So, yes... that was old intel. Pretty sad about senior day... that is a bummer. All this **** is pretty awful and no clear easy way out---other than time.

2. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,582
    I didn't say "quicker" I said "greater chance" since there are more people in the program. Sorry if that was confusing. I believe OSU has had 5/8 played, and 3/8 canceled.

Not trying to nitpick and start arguments. Genuinely curious about how the policies around football and basketball are similar and how they are different, if both are NCAA policies.

3. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,681
    Oh okay my mistake then. In that case, I think it’s a difference as in I believe football teams are keeping pods except for their 11 on 11. Psu may have more insight on operational methods. That means there is limited prolonged exposure to any one person except their “pod”.

That’s harder to do in basketball

Also, for example LSU was down about 50% of their team on Saturday and still played because they had 46 scholarship guys still available.

A basketball team simply cannot do that.

With regards to policies, I don’t think there are any established policies like anywhere. I think everyone is kinda on their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

ButlerNut likes this.
  4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,688
    DePaul just was shut down...again. I hope (although we're going to get destroyed) we can make it to Wednesday in ok shape.

5. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,519
    You’re one of the worst on this site in terms of picking fights and starting arguments. Smh.

ButlerNut likes this.
  6. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,609
    They are looking to fill that night (21st) with a new opponent. Should be interesting to see who they come up with.

7. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,582
    You have a couple of DM's

8. fchd

fchd Member

Money:
    $106

Yet if by some minor miracle the Bulldogs pull out the win, did that really happen under your scenario?

9. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,688
    Oh it definitely counts. :)

ButlerNut, troggy and fchd like this.
  10. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,519
    Well, they were nicer than the DMs InsaneDawg sent to Dawgs2014 telling him to get a job, a girlfriend, and to move out of his parent’s basement, all while cutting back on the number of video games hours he spent. So I’ll give you that :)

11. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,681
    My favorite thing is then later ID complained that there were so many insults on this board, that despite not knowing “tech”, he would be willing to learn how to start his own message board, “because he had the time to dedicate to learning.”

12. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,246
    Duke women's team decides to shut it down after four games. Decision came from the players:

13. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Member

Money:
    $156
    Asymptotic carriers spread more than 50% of the virus.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Member

Money:
    $156
    I am so sorry for your loss. That must be excruciating.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

BUcheer likes this.