Butler Player Breakdowns (2019-20)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Lukas Harkins, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,402
    I think he will be somewhere between 10-20. It’s a wide range but the coaching staff could do a lot of different things in the frontcourt.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

bobbu64 likes this.
  2. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $578
    I didn't say you expected him to have as big an effect. I said if Nze's impact is even close to Clarke's impact, we will be appreciably better this upcoming season than what I'm expecting.

3. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,402
    #60 likes this.
  4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,689
    I have a real hard time seeing how AT is going to add much more on the offensive end than last last year unless he has changed his shooting form and practicing by putting up a 1,000 shots a day. Last year opponents simply did not respect him as an offensive threat which allowed defenders to cheat into the paint. I know I’m in the minority but he has to be considerably more than what he showed last year for Butler to excel.

5. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $835
    I think AT is a winner. I trust that his work with Joey and on his own will help his offensive game take a big step forward. Simply put, it needs to.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,561
    Defense was MIA last season. On a team that was as soft as a baby's ass, AT was the exception. BU has plenty of scorers. His primary function is to distribute and play defense. Expect that to continue.

DawgPoundMac and BUcheer like this.
  7. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,743
    I expect AT to take a nice little step forward and take 2-3 3's a game and make 1-2 of them, when they back off of him, and drive right past them for a layup or pass to a big for a dunk when they come out to guard him. He was able to get to the rim almost at will last year with teams backing off of him, so if they have to come out and guard him out there it will be huge! (Hope the 3 line being a little further back doesn't effect that very much, but it's all a guess right now.)

I expect a lot from him and hope he starts to get a little ref respect also this year. He had a lot of phantom fouls called on him just for being in-front of guys that usually blow by other defenders!

seadawg, BU_NeonHat and estar20dawg like this.
  8. ThePioneerLeague

ThePioneerLeague Active Member

Money:
    $390
    So true. He was the one guy on the team that actually put real effort in to staying in front of his man, and got burned by refs on numerous occasions for standing his ground. Not saying every foul he committed was illegitimate (far from the case), but it's almost like the refs were so used to defenders just giving way for a guy to waltz down the lane that they didn't know what to do when a guy actually got cut off o_O.

kmacker69 and seadawg like this.
  9. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Active Member

Money:
    $457

If all else fails, at least we know now we won’t be the worst team in big east for years to come

10. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $727
    Do you think the extension is more for the mountain of losses he's amassed or for being linked to numerous recruiting improprieties?

ConnersvilleBulldog likes this.
  11. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,188
    Amazing, DePaul has given up! Why possibly would they Leitao an extension?

Bulldogs260 likes this.
  12. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,802
    Maybe we should trade Title for cash to their message board so he can “reason” with their folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

DawgPoundMac, MBA2003 and Bulldogs260 like this.
  13. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,146
    Title is being questioned by NCAA officials about his relationship with Nike jockstraps

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019 at 7:02 AM
    Bulldogs260 and seadawg like this.
  14. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Active Member

Money:
    $457
    Their tanking for the first round pick... oh wait

15. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,163
    It has to be due to their magical run to the CBI finals this past year.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Tentozen likes this.