Butler vs. Xavier (1/7)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by jkcdawgs, Jan 6, 2022.

1. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,764
    I’m already dreading Xavier fans in Hinkle. They’re nasty, mean and loud. It would be nice if Butler fans had the same level of intensity…but with the current state of the program, that’s a long way off.

Go Dawgs. Xavier sucks. Boys, just don’t get embarrassed.

znelson15 and HoosierDawg like this.
  2. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,505
    My 12-year-old son just tested positive. As a family, this is the one game we've been looking forward to all year. We will not be going. Sad face.

3. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,560
    Sorry to hear that. I hope it is a mild case and everyone else at home can avoid it.

shoeevv, BNiche, Tentozen and 11 others like this.
  4. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,701
    Seconded!

5. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,405
    https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaab...predictions-xavier-vs-butler-friday-january-7

If Xavier wants to be considered a Big East contender, or even a team with aspirations to reach the NCAA Tournament’s second weekend, this is not the kind of game that the Musketeers can afford to lose.

Statement wins come against the best teams in the conference, but can be punctuated by taking care of business against the bottom half of the league.

Xavier is bigger and deeper than Butler and has been better on both ends of the floor this season. Butler will struggle to score against the Xavier defense, but the Musketeers have too many options for Butler to keep off the scoreboard.

Take the X-Men and lay the points on the road.

Pick: Xavier -5.5 (Play to -6.5)

willisbrown likes this.
  6. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,115
    Sucks. But hopefully it's typical omicron on a young dude which means a few coughs and sniffles and he's out of the woods. GF's kids both tested positive over the fall and we're around them all the time, neither one of us got it sooooo, there's hope for you yet. Saying that...

Money making opportunity? Some schmuck from Cincinnati may be desperate for some seats. Squeeze their balls and make a positive out of a negative.

And don't worry, I don't think you'll be missing much.

7. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,115
    I'm gonna fade butler again here. In the past when we had bad matchups we had grit and skillful players and better coaching. I can't see this one being too close unless Xavier just walks in thinking it'll be a breeze.

I agree lay the 5.5 (I'll prob buy it to 5 just in case) and hope for the best.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  8. Danville Bulldog

Money:
    $2,405
    Willis, you can bet the farm on X at -5.5. Free money. Another blow-out loss is very likely.:(

9. Danville Bulldog

Money:
    $2,405
    +5.5 sorry for typo

10. Danville Bulldog

Money:
    $2,405
    My brain is not working. -5.5 sorry no typo

11. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,701
    If you’re willing to give me X +5.5, I’ll take it! I’m in for $1,000

willisbrown and jkcdawgs like this.
  12. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097
    Don’t know what to expect from Xavier since they haven’t played since December 21. They aren’t as talented as SHU but do have two really good three point shooters in Kunkel and Johnson. Scruggs and Nunge are not overwhelming and Fremantle is still trying to get back to playing at a high level after recovering from injury. Colby Jones is probably their best player at around 11 ppg and 8 rebounds. Will be interesting to see who guards who. If we can hit some threes and cut down on turnovers then we can make a game of it.

13. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,505
    Appreciate the thoughts. My wife and I are boosted, and we had just scheduled his booster this morning…then he got ill. Mostly just sniffles and a headache for the boy. My wife tested negative but has similar symptoms, so we’re all just playing it safe.

and willis, I’d rather eat the cost than let another 3 X fans in the building. I’m looking for family and friends right now, but may post them for free mid day Friday if I haven’t got any takers.

14. BUBBALUM

BUBBALUM Active Member

Money:
    $417
    My family now lives in Cincy, and though I'm probably not renewing season tickets after this year, I'm definitely not selling my tickets to this game to potential X fans even if it's a tedious drive for the two of us (father and myself) with that late start.

15. BU Fan in Illinois

BU Fan in Illinois Well-Known Member

Money:
    $549
    Bold Predictions: We will be down double digits in the first half and will lose by 20+ tonight.

16. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,284
    I’d take Butler + 20 in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

17. SCbulldogsfan4life

SCbulldogsfan4life Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,129
    Do you mean "Bold" sarcastically? I think that's the most likely scenario in reality. But you never know. If we make shots and don't give the ball away, we may squeak out a win.

18. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,115
    I think the first half thing is a given and anyone and everyone who needs to make back some xmas money spent, should definitely lay on Xavier.

20 is a lot at home to a good but not great team. I think it'll land around 12-13 point difference final score. Something like Xavier 67-BU 55 or so. And when there are more Xavier fans there than Butler fans, maybe Barry will get the hint that fans want changes.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  19. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,550
    This season sucks. But if we can beat Xavier that will at least be some consolation.

Just weird not to be really amped up for a Friday night game against a rival but that just speaks to this season and the chore it is to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

ButlerNut, jkcdawgs and willisbrown like this.
  20. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,115
    It is strange. Xavier, friday night, cold beers...on the verge of the weekend...nah. Just not feeling it. Maybe some fans can reach their inner Xavier hatred to get pumped. I'm just in "shrug" mode at this point.

ButlerNut likes this.