Butler Women's Basketball

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Jared Grubbs, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Eric

Eric Active Member

Money:
    $3,089
  2. BGDawgFan

BGDawgFan Active Member

Money:
    $100
    Coach G announced two additions to the roster, including Iowa transfer Whitney Jennings. She will be the first Indiana Miss Basketball to play for the Bulldogs. Seven Indiana All-Stars will be at Butler next season: Alexa Bailey, Sydney Buck, Whitney Jennings (will sit out 2016-17 after transferring), Tori Schickel, Sydney Shelton, Kristen Spolyar, and Brittany Ward.

Godlevske Adds Two to 2016-17 Roster

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,687
    Jennings was also a Parade All American. Seven Indiana All Stars.

4. BGDawgFan

BGDawgFan Active Member

Money:
    $100
  5. HoopcastTomich

HoopcastTomich Member

Money:
    $25
    Daress McClung, recent Butler player and grad, is with the Women's team now as well, I believe Director of Operations role.

6. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,742
    If anyone isn't watching the Rose Bowl right now, Butler WBB vs. Seton Hall is on FS1. Currently tied 11-11 after 1 qtr.
    They've had a tough year so far, but from what I understand they're pretty young and are showing signs of moving in the right direction.

BTW: any way this thread can get moved to "Other Sports" where it probably should reside?

Update: thanks for moving the thread!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  7. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,446
    Just finished. Butler by 19. Let's see if men's team can do the same to SHU.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops

bmradio99 likes this.
  8. MiniLaura

MiniLaura Member

Money:
    $7
    Anyone know what happened to Brittany Ward?
    She had a foot injury of some sort at the beginning of the year, and her first (?) game back she got hurt again. She was on crutches by the second half.

We hadn't seen her on the bench the last few games, so we checked and she's no longer on the roster. She is still listed as enrolled at Butler. Did she have a career-ending injury or is she transferring? I would think she'd not be enrolled if she were transferring.

9. joeglasgow711

joeglasgow711 New Member

Money:
    $11
    Transferring to Dayton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,583
    What are the odds? What happened?

11. MiniLaura

MiniLaura Member

Money:
    $7
    I think it wasn't a good fit. She seemed to get frustrated a lot and at times it appeared that she was being benched for attitude problems.

12. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,583
    Interesting. Dayton's definitely in the position to take a flier (no pun intended) on that type of talent. Their coach resigned soon before the season started due to health issues, and I think a couple of highly rated recruits decommitted.

13. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $14,142
    Sounds like the women came from 13 down at the half to beat Xavier today.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

bulldogs51 and ButlerNut like this.
  14. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,439
    Really pulling for them. The coach is a really nice guy. As odd as it may be many of the girls who left leading to the job opening up for him have nothing but great things to say about him despite not staying.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

15. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Super Moderator VIP Member

Money:
    $2,481
    BU_NeonHat and Insane Dawg like this.
  16. Red1972

Red1972 Active Member

Money:
    $580
    Went to the game this afternoon, it was a good game and they are fun to watch. Congrats!

Insane Dawg and ButlerNut like this.

#60 Active Member

Money:
    $1,211
    Yeah. I watched most of today's 2nd half, most of another non-conference game earlier in the season & some of the Ohio State game. The ladies are playing great team basketball.

In the post-game broadcast, Kristen Spolyar mentioned that closing out opponents was a top priority this year. In the last couple of years, they'd be close in a game's waning moments & not finish teams off. While monitoring live stats & such myself, I noted this too. This year, the Lady Dawgs have a killer instinct & this is nice to observe.

It'd be great to have both basketball squads in post-season play. (But I'm guessing that this sentiment is a bit premature.)

18. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,742
    Granted, I don't follow women's hoops that much, but I'm baffled how a major conference team can be 14-1, with its lone loss on the road at a ranked team, and only get two votes in the AP Top 25. I know the talent dropoff is much larger than in men's hoops, but still. Marquette is ranked, and basically the same story. They've had three losses, all to ranked teams. Yet they're ranked #14. I mean, they're objectively better and have better wins...but there's a lot of real estate in between #14 and "barely receiving votes." Still quite happy for their season so far!

#60 likes this.
  19. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,127
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    #60 and ButlerNut like this.
  20. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Super Moderator VIP Member

Money:
    $2,481
    Butler Women beat X at Cintas 63-41 - now 15-1 and 5-0 in the Big East.

#60, Nville Dog and TheDawgDub95 like this.