ButlerHoops.com Fundraiser

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jared Grubbs, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $14,032
    First I want to thank everyone for another fun year at ButlerHoops.com. I never imagined when I opened this site back in 2011 that it would grow to the size it currently has. Everyone here has made this possible. I'm constantly receiving compliments about how great this community is compared to other team message boards. That's not because of me, that's because of you. Butler fans are amazing.

The site as it currently exists brings in enough advertising revenue to cover all of the basic operating costs. Member donations are not necessary for us to exist. But I want to be able to provide much more. Banner advertising rates continue to decline, so site revenue is down despite traffic being up. This is part of the reason I was unable to travel to cover Butler near as much as I have in the past (and of course the new baby thing didn't help much either). I would like to reverse this trend so we can offer continuously improving coverage of Butler basketball. It's time to get significantly more unique coverage here at ButlerHoops.com.

For the first time I will be taking advantage of the high traffic this weekend for March Madness to run a ButlerHoops.com Fundraiser. My goal is to bring in enough donations/sponsorships this month to fund 3 trips to cover Butler recruits outside of Indianapolis. The best way to get recruiting information for the board is to be in the gym where these players are at, so that is what I intend to do this offseason. The exact events will be determined based on funds available and players of interest, but the 3 I initially have in mind are the Run N Slam in May (Fort Wayne), EYBL Peach Jam in July (South Carolina), and the Adidas Championships in July (California). I won’t set an exact dollar amount goal, because I honestly have no idea what to expect, but I will keep track of the total below.

How to Donate
    The most popular way to donate is to become a VIP member. It costs only $2.99 for the month or $24.99 for the year. This removes all advertising from the forums, as well as other small VIP perks. You can upgrade your account here:

If you would like to donate above and beyond a VIP membership, simply use the donate button at the bottom of this post. Paypal and credit cards are accepted using this link. If you would like to donate using an alternative form of payment, please send me a message on the forum to discuss your preferred method.

Searching For Sponsors
    As I mentioned above, advertising rates for generic banner ads are continually to fall as advertisers look for better ways to connect with potential customers. I believe we can provide this to sponsors, by finding various ways to make sure the Butler Hoops community knows that all of our content is delivered free of charge because of their involvement. If you are involved with a company that is interesting in sponsoring ButlerHoops.com please reach out to me. I am interested in both financial sponsorships as well as prize sponsorships (I'd love to have prize raffles every month where members can buy tickets using their Butler Hoops points). I truly believe this site can provide excellent value to sponsors, I just need to find them!

A huge thanks in advance to everyone who participates. This place is going to become even better because of your efforts. Go Dawgs!

March Donations + VIP Memberships: $500

Donate Here

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    Mad_Dawg 48, estar20dawg and BHayden like this.
  2. Albick

Albick Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $390
    Jared, you do a great job with the board, and it is much appreciated. I tried to sign up for a VIP membership but the only payment option was PayPal, and I do not have an account. The hyperlink for donations allows donations to be made by credit card. Is that an option for VIP memberships as well?

znelson15 likes this.
  3. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $14,032
    Not directly, but if you make a donation via credit card I can manually add VIP to your account. If anyone is doing this just send me a message and I'll get it taken care of.

DawgsMD likes this.
  4. harvesting

harvesting Member VIP Member

Money:
    $111
    I did the VIP year membership and that was easy but when I click the Paypal to make an additional donation a blank white page comes up. Tried a few times. Do I need to do something different?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $14,032
    I appreciate you subscribing to VIP. The link works on my end. Are you using the website or the app? What browser if the site? I’ll try and get it figured out.

6. shoeevv

shoeevv Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $441

7. harvesting

Money:
    $111
    I click on the Paypal icon then hit follow link and it’s just a white screen. I have to close the butlerhoops app for the screen to go away. I’ll try it again.

8. harvesting

Money:
    $111
    Same thing.

9. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $14,032
    Hmm, I can’t see to duplicate it. This is a brilliant way to raise funds, lol. Does the direct link work instead of clicking on an image?

https://www.paypal.com/donate/?toke...DrjzdX1Ety8YNsL986tW&country.x=US&locale.x=US

10. harvesting

Money:
    $111
    Image1521264195.355501.jpg
    This is what I get with the direct link. I think as long as you have a Paypal account you can send money to any other Paypal account using that accounts email. Maybe we could do it that way?

11. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $14,032
    You absolutely can. The email on the account is jgrubbs@butlerhoops.com. Tomorrow I’ll redo this a different way and hopefully it will work much better. I want to make it as easy on people as possible.

12. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $14,032
    Ok, I added a separate donation page that will actually track all additional donations (those outside of VIP memberships) and also list the top donors on the forums. If you don't want your username tied to the donation you can check a box to donate anonymously.

https://butlerhoops.com/forum/index.php?donate/

We've had 5 yearly VIP donations since this post, so a big thank you to those that did that. I'll be thanking everyone directly once my plate clears a little bit. Hopefully there's still several more games before that happens though ;)

joliebeth23 likes this.
  13. Dewars12

Dewars12 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $117
    $25 is nothing for the entertainment this site provides for all of us (unless you are buying diapers and formula, I've been there) ... It's a few quality drinks at a bar.. drink up and donate!

14. Dewars12

Dewars12 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $117
    Sorry, I've had a few drinks, but do we need a fundraiser to get Willis back? Maybe we can just send a pack of Schlitz or Dewars (white label...let's not get carried away) to Memphis or Atlanta or wherever in the bayou that ewok is ambulating....

ButlerGoalie and shoeevv like this.
  15. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,216
    I've tried to extend an olive branch, but he's still pretty salty.

16. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $14,032
    I tweeted that post at him. He certainly ruffled some feathers, but I do miss the passion he had for Butler basketball.

17. bu1973

bu1973 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $411
    Is there some way to just send you a check? I do not use Paypal.

18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,714
    Done, sent $25 for VIP membership. Thanks for the most fun, time waster on my phone Jared ;-) hope the little one is sleeping through the night.

harvesting likes this.
  19. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $14,032
    Yes, I’ll contact you. If anyone else wants to do this just let me know.

Thanks a ton. As much as you update things around here I should probably be donating to you though!

So far I think the little one is doing a better job of sleeping than the older one. Luckily I have a stay at home wife who takes care of that so I don’t have to go dispense medication to people feeling drunk from lack of sleep.

bumba likes this.
  20. DarthHoltmann

DarthHoltmann Member VIP Member

Money:
    $79
    Donated. I don't post much but I spend a lot more time reading everything on here than I would care to admit.

Dewars12, tlp63 and SpartanDawgs like this.