Caleb Furst - 2021 Power Forward (Offered)

Discussion in '2021 Recruiting Profiles' started by Jared Grubbs, Jun 13, 2018.

1. SpartanDawg68

SpartanDawg68 Member

Money:
    $44
    Welp

willisbrown likes this.
  2. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,007
    No offense, but I don't think this really changes anything. He already has offers from Michigan State, Louisville, and IU among other major programs and I wouldn't be shocked to see a couple of UK, Duke, UNC, Kansas, etc...offer once they start looking towards 2021. This kid is uber-talented and already has a very tough list to beat, whether Virginia is on it or not.

3. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $479
    Unless Kentucky or Duke offers, the competition here won't change. I would love to see if we get an official though...

BHayden likes this.
  4. JMCBigWayne

JMCBigWayne Active Member

Money:
    $103
    Take this for what it’s worth but I’m the chair for our Fort Wayne Alumni committee and was at one of those Butler send off parties for incoming freshman and one of the kids there was from Blackhawk Christian and played basketball with Caleb and said they were pretty good friends. He said Butler asked him to be a manager for the team. That can’t hurt our chances with him to have a buddy already part of the program.

BHayden, NCJon and TheDawgDub95 like this.
  5. Crash

Crash Active Member

Money:
    $267
    Love the insight. Rather than buy off a player by hiring their Dad to be a "coach" recruit and add 5* best friends to the program as handlers. Much cheaper and at least the program doesn't look dumb when Pops leaves the minute their son is done.

6. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $706
    Talked to a friend of mine who went to school with Caleb and he said no chance he goes to butler. Said he liked butler but just with the offers he has there’s no way. Understandable.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,252
    Too Bad!

8. bu2013

bu2013 Active Member

Money:
    $248
    This line of thinking if true from both Caleb and you is disappointing. I understand we're not currently winning battles for top 50 kids but the mentality that it's understandable that we can't compete needs to go away if we're going to recruit like a high major should

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $479
    Butler will get a top 40/50 guy one day. Maybe not 5 but within 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

10. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,229
    As Brad used to say he was more concerned with recruiting top 100 COLLEGE players. I think we’ve had (maybe more than) our fair share of those.

11. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,251
    LaVall is already getting top100-150 guys and we are in a good place with brown who is top 80ish. If we have a good year this year, we will be in the hunt for top 50 guys.

12. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $479
    We will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

13. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,286

I guess he's on a junior year OV at Purdue rn???

Doesn't really matter bc this Keon Brooks 2.0

14. Bulldogs260

Money:
    $706
    I don’t think we cant get them. You must have took me the wrong way. I’m saying it’s understandable that he doesn’t pick butler when Virginia, MSU many other power houses are on the table. Do I think butler can get top 50 talent? Yes even more now with LJ recruiting it.

15. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $474
    Those powerhouses are always going to be on the table for top 50 talent, so I'm still not getting what you're saying here.

I think we can and will land top 50 talent. They have to be the type that wants a small school and we're going to have to prove that we can win on a high level again.

16. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,252
    It is only dream, he is not going to consider Butler. Jordan will have to look out of state, IU and Purdue have locked down Indiana.

17. Bulldogs260

Money:
    $706
    I’m simply saying it’s understandable he doesn’t pick butler with his other options. Let’s be real. I also think we can land a top 50 kid. In this case it’s understandable to see why he didn’t go to butler.

18. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $912
    Did your friend say Caleb told him he would not choose Butler or is this the friend's assessment based on his belief that these "power houses" are just too formidable for Butler?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

19. Bulldogs260

Money:
    $706
    He snap chatted me a picture of him with Caleb, I responded tell him to go to butler lol. He then responded not a chance. I went into further discussion and he just said basically said no way but didn’t say anything specific. I just wanted to share what I heard.

20. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,007
    Keion Brooks, Jaren Jackson Jr, Kyle Guy, Malik Williams, Kris Wilkes, Paul Scruggs, Aaron Henry, Trey Lyles, and Trevon Blueitt are all big time recruits in-state recruits from the last 5 years and NONE of them have gone to Purdue or IU. The only big time pulls either program has had recently is Biggie Swanigan (but that was sketchy as heck...Painter definitely violated something there), Romeo Langford (good get but ended up being a college flop IMO), and TJD (jury is still out on him since he hasn't even played). I would argue the kids IU and Purdue are getting from in state are no better than a lot of the recruits we have pulled from out of state. IU and Purdue have maybe locked down that 2nd tier or 3rd tier of in state recruits, but neither program can keep blue chip recruits in state by any means.

iluvsnow and SpartanDawgs like this.