Carlos Johnson - 2020 Forward (Offered)

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by bumba, Jul 21, 2018.

1. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,819
    Totally agree, I'm hoping we'd gladly take two more commits if they happen to be Brown and one of Scooby/Coles.

bumba likes this.
  2. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,124
    Woods doesn't get any info first, he's speculating. There is zero chance we don't take Scooby, Brown or Coles

willisbrown and SpartanDawgs like this.
  3. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $735
    He sure looks good in that uniform. Let's Go Scooby!!

Go Dawgs!

Sent from my moto z4 using Butler Hoops mobile app

willisbrown likes this.
  4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,836
    He's saying that because people have talked about it here. He gets everything from us. It's kinda funny. To your point, that has been my feeling as well all along. I think 4 is a great class and using the final on a grad transfer to try and ease the transition/lack of experience in 20-21 is probably the right move. It's speculation at best. I don't think that has been determined by any means. If Brown and Scooby or Scooby and Coles or Coles and Brown both say yes, we aren't turning them away for a possible transfer. But I don't think we nab two. I think we nab 1 of the remaining 3 targets. Then pocket for a mid year or grad transfer.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  5. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,836
    I know. I'm allowing myself to dive into the optimism of he as what I would think would be the best player in this class. I'm trying, barely hanging on, to not look too deeply into this. I'm very happy and very much applaud LaVall for getting him on campus again. He's come twice now, that's gotta mean something.

6. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,836
    Prob going to have another one though...in my opinion when Tucker exits. I still stand firm this is his one full season at Butler. That's just the feeling I get. No prediction or concrete evidence.

Daddysmack likes this.
  7. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $835
    Woods confounds me. I think he is a fan of the program, but he continually "poor mouths" us. It's almost as if he wants us to stay the little engine that could vs becoming a perennial contender in a power conference. With that said, I agree we take any two of our prime targets. We can definitely roll with an open scholly and not feel bad about it if we get one of the three.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

Bulldogs260 likes this.
  8. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,514
    Woods gets plenty of info first hand. I do think if LJ was put in a situation to use two scholies for Coles/Johnson/Brown, he'd pass on the transfer. We're losing lots of depth in the next two years: Baldwin, McD, Baddley and Smits are all graduating and Tucker, David, Nze and AT are all Juniors. We literally need guys who can play right away in the 2020 class.

9. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Active Member

Money:
    $457
    I don’t like or dislike him but never understand why he is always so negative.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

bmradio99 likes this.
  10. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Active Member

Money:
    $457
    Man I hope your right, if you are butler will be very very good next year. Just my feeling is him and Thompson are close I could see them going out together as seniors

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,836
    He gets plenty of first hand information...from us.

12. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $431
    Woods has been known to personally text a friend or two of mine to get information on Butler Basketball... Let that sink in for a sec...

estar20dawg and Bulldogs260 like this.
  13. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,188
    Unlike Osterman at IU, Woods is not around the program daily and probably checks in every few days.

14. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,188
    Oh, I forgot last season the Gannet Star cut back on per diam for road games, he mentioned that to me January at the Seton Hall game.

15. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,561
    The parameters of Woods' job has certainly been transformed through no fault of his own. Covering BU basketball has turned into a seasonal position for the most part. Team success may change that? During the season he often knows more than he shares with the readers.

16. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,986
    Why are we talking about David Woods?! Scoooooooooby Johnson took an official!!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

17. seadawg

Money:
    $3,561
    Good answer.

Insane Dawg likes this.
  18. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,986

That’s a Missouri blogger.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

cornette33 likes this.
  19. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,836
    If Michigan St is out...which I believe they are, it's us and Mizzou-tough battle against Cuonzo. I like Mizzou. I really think it comes down to us and them. I like the feeling I'm getting. This would be a hell of a win and he slides right in. Starting off the bat and a part of a special class.

20. seadawg

Money:
    $3,561
    A minor detail that may work in BU's favor is Indy is about half as far as Columbia from Benton Harbor?

Bulldogs260 likes this.