Carlos Johnson - 2020 Forward (Offered)

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by bumba, Jul 21, 2018.

1. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $431
    Not too reliable of a source but I am hearing

Sissoko (center) to MSU and...
    Scooby to Butler

Did someone ever answer the reason why he is waiting or can't commit until November? Because I am hearing this will be sooner.

2. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,460
    I think they were saying he can't sign until November. Hopefully he does commit soon. Then the staff can go all in on Brown or Coles and if they don't get one of them, pocket the scholarship for a transfer.

willisbrown likes this.
  3. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $431
    Would be awesome to lock up our class before Football season hardly starts...

4. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,061
    But still far enough away that he doesn't feel like he's not experiencing something different.

If it's really just BU vs. Mizzou, I like our chances.

5. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,184
    Can’t think of the last time (if ever?) a recruit donned a BU jersey on an OV and tweeted out photos. This has all kinds of good feels.

6. bu2013

bu2013 Active Member

Money:
    $238
    EB Screenshot_20190910-101532.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Butler Hoops mobile app

fdr, NCJon, BUcheer and 5 others like this.
  7. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $431
    Didn't really know where to put this since there but I am hoping that Butler gets their 2020/2021 guys in for Butler Homecoming this year. They pushed it back to October 26th. Butler football game at 1pm then a basketball exhibition game at 7pm. Putting a basketball game during homecoming is brilliant IMO. Shows how much a basketball school this is and since we don't do a midnight madness of any sort, this is a good alternate.

8. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,061
    Not being a jerk, but it's really pretty ordinary anymore. Don't read too much into that.

fdr and dawgs2014 like this.
  9. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,836
    Starting to get wooly
    I'm reading into it that 1. He looks dope in that ish and 2. Our black road jerseys>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>our navy road jerseys. The black with the navy trim is one of the better looks in CBB. That new navy last year was meh. The black on blue is a fine look and a much better look.

BUcheer and seadawg like this.
  10. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,561
    As a side note, back in the day when McGuire coached Marquette they would get a new uniform design for every tournament they participated in.

11. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Active Member

Money:
    $457
    That’s a great call!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Active Member

Money:
    $457
    We need to rock the black jerseys more often

bumba likes this.
  13. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Member

Money:
    $155
    Just not the gray ones. Too similar to Xavier and Georgetown.

14. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,819
    Sissoko just committed to MSU.

15. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $989
    Let's make it a great day tomorrow, please:)

BHayden, Shimmy and mwall787 like this.
  16. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,836
    I don't know if it will be tomorrow or anytime near term, but I like the feeling I'm getting.

MBA2003 likes this.
  17. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $989
    Ok so help me out... Where does Coles fit in their thinking/lineup with Wilmouth already on board position wise? I know they are different bodies.

And same thing for scooby...

Feeling like Butler/TCU for Coles and Missouri/Butler for Scooby

18. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,402
    Coles is a true power forward imo. Wilmoth can play multiple positions and should see time in a variety of roles while at Butler. I’m not concerned about how they would mesh together - very different styles.

Scooby is a true wing to me and won’t cross positions with Coles much if it all if they play together. Johnson is listed as a power forward by most recruiting services but he will mostly play the “3” at the college level. Fluid athlete, three-level scorer, really strong passer. Fits the modern bill of versatility really well. Can play up to power forward, definitely, but more of a wing imo.

cornette33 and seadawg like this.
  19. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,836
    Lukas is exactly right. Scooby will be a wing/point forward at this level. Coles is a bruising PF. They can fit. You get the talent however you can, and you work it out. A Scooby/Wilmoth/Coles front court is what you need in the big east.

cornette33 likes this.
  20. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,561
    Both are bruisers who can play thru contact. What sets Johnson apart is his passing and scoring ability. I do feel Coles role would be much more defined as PF. Scooby is very undervalued in terms of what he might add at BU. His versatility might be he best kept secret HS basketball. There should be zero issues of those 2 playing together.

cornette33 likes this.