Carlos Johnson - 2020 Forward (Offered)

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by bumba, Jul 21, 2018.

1. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $699
    Willy, did you hear this last night? I got a text that said the same thing about 9:00 CDT last night. It came from a colleague in Michigan.

2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,013
    I got a message last night that I'd be happy about something with him, then this morning got specifics, that it's a three man race, us , UM, MSU, and he is right now leaning Butler. So we're in a good position right now...he's the kind of player, no matter his ranking (he's 99 some places, 100-105 others) that could turn the tide big time. Beating out those two power houses in their state would be so exciting, and it would resonate loudly.

BHayden, Shimmy, estar20dawg and 3 others like this.
  3. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,605
    How much of a stronghold does UM/MSU have around Benton harbor? Both schools are at least 2 hours away and that area is a popular destination for out of state people(chicago, northern indiana especially). Big 10 country for sure and obviously they are the state schools, but Vall (and Meyer?) has to have plenty of good will in Michigan as well.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,013
    Enough to raise eyebrows if an out of state school hopped them for a prospect they have offered. It's not the thick of Michigan, but it would make a noise if he goes out of state.

cornette33 likes this.
  5. beezer16

beezer16 Member

Money:
    $114
    I have to imagine that he knows Markeese Hastings well. Godwin Heights and Benton Harbor have played some high profile games against each other over the last few years. I also think both of them played for the same AAU team, “The Family” although I’m not sure that they played at the same time. Regardless, I can virtually guarantee that he has spoken to Markeese about Butler

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,013
    Good call. I didn't think about that but that could very well explain his admiration for LaVall and fuzzies for Butler.

He'll be in Indy next weekend I believe. I know Brown's team will be...that event will be a huge opportunity for us.

BHayden likes this.
  7. Hinkle Nation

Hinkle Nation Active Member

Money:
    $483
    Man what a steal this would be. All hail Willis if he’s right on this one. **** let the kid play Power forward for us and tight end for butlers football team. Looks like he could dominate both

8. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,013
    You can get shot around here saying anything positive about me. Tread lightly...

9. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,663
    HB, WB! Talk about treading lightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

willisbrown likes this.
  10. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,013
    My man...HB indeed.

11. Hinkle Nation

Hinkle Nation Active Member

Money:
    $483
    So if this dude is coming to butler Willis, we would more than likely see a commitment this weekend while he is here or later that week.

12. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,513
    Don't think it'll be that easy. After a quick look through the Class of 2020 top 247, only 27 have committed so far. Plenty of time left in a lot of these recruitments.

13. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,889
    Just cause we don't have any updated video...Big time want!

He's also a big shot taker/maker

jkcdawgs and SnoopDawg like this.
  14. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,013
    Ha, yeah definitely not that easy. But he has already visited, this weekend is another one to make a strong impression on him. I'm expecting a lot of "butler is here watching" and plenty of rumory goodness, but no commitments. Maybe some new offers. Plenty of top notch talent crashing down on Indy today through Sunday.

BHayden likes this.
  15. BHayden

BHayden Active Member

Money:
    $443
    He’s going to be such a nice 4 year player for someone. Really hope that someone is Butler. Absolutely love this kid’s game.

16. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,889
    Could not like that post enough. He's going to be the glue to some team. He may never be the night in night out star but he will find a way in every game to make an impact. You can kind of see in a few years a 10 pt 8 rebs 5 ast 2 stls 2 blks stat line

This was the ATL stat line

ATL stats: 18.5 PPG, 52.9 FG%, 4.0 RPG, 3.0 APG, 1.2 SPG (4-0 team)

BHayden, willisbrown and Hinkle like this.
  17. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,013
    Source on the ground...Second confirmation, this time from a coach, that Scoopy Snacks is indeed very high on Butler and wouldn't go as far as to say we are the leader, but that we are in "very good shape" with him...more to come.

18. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $600
    Blah blah blah...I want a commitment this weekend. Let’s get him and some of these AAU squads on campus.

Tired of finishing second!

19. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,013
    Yeah we need a win, badly. He and Brown could be just that. Doesn't look like any decision is coming soon, but he's still very high on us, so, I guess there's that? I do think those two are our best chance to give the world and me a yuge middle finger. Let's hope that happens.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  20. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $600
    Just enough time for Michigan State to take the lead....