Carlos Johnson - 2020 Forward (Offered)

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by bumba, Jul 21, 2018.

1. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,016
    Maybe not the best weekend to get recruits on campus with Hinkle being taken over for commencement. Not saying they can’t hang out some, but not ideal.

2. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $601
    Tour the campus and go to the HRC. I’m sure they’d be able to sneak in a trip over to Hinkle too.

3. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $234
    In a shocking development, not having a place that isn’t shared with countless random activities is less than optimal with recruits with options.

nindiana likes this.
  4. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,071
    Good lord. Every university in America uses its basketball gym at least as the backup site for graduation if not the primary location.

5. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,863
    Yeah it's a good thing Kentucky has Rupp Arena right on campus and it isn't multipurposed for other events.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2019
  6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,168
    Maybe we should invite him to see the graduation set up so he understands how BU student athletes finish their career at Hinkle. Just a thought.

7. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,016
    You’ve devolved to posting about commencement being a “random activity” to make your case. That’s some desperate rationalization right there.

Delivery Dawg, bmradio99, fdr and 5 others like this.
  8. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,400
    Many large public universities use their basketball arenas for graduation ceremonies as well as concerts. Is a Title recommending universities build separate facilities for graduation ceremonies and separate ones for concerts?

DawgsMD, Tentozen and DawgPoundMac like this.
  9. Hinkle Nation

Hinkle Nation Active Member

Money:
    $483
    This title dude is weird. I’ve yet to see him post a positive or even neutral thing. What’s up with this dude? Someone dm me and explain.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $412
    Forgetting the venue for a minute, it is not a good weekend for a recruit to be on campus. The vast majority of the student body has gone home for the summer. Not much for him to see/do with them. The graduates should be focused on time with their families and friends, not a recruit. If anything, the recruit could walk away not feeling the love. Let's have him on campus when the staff and some players can focus their attention on him.

NCJon and BHayden like this.
  11. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Active Member

Money:
    $387
    I was actually majorly disappointed that my class didn't get to do commencement in Hinkle. Being a huge basketball fan, I really wanted the opportunity to do it. I imagine I'm not the only one and that should say a lot about our school in general. Hinkle isn't just some auditorium, it's why many STUDENTS come to Butler.

BHayden and godogs91 like this.
  12. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    He was a football player who quit to be a cheerleader.

However, if you can’t go to Hinkle, see it set up for a appreciation and realize how ingrained that place is to the fabric of Butler’s existence, you’ll never come to Butler anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

13. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $686
    My son's graduating from Butler today. Hooray.

Go Dawgs!

14. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,317
    Back to Johnson, he is somewhat comparable to Aaron Henry.

#60, Tentozen and jkcdawgs like this.
  15. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,775
    I know Title’s opinions are unpopular, but let’s refrain from personal attacks when disagreeing. Block him if you don’t want to read his posts.

16. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $842
    Reading the Michigan board. Ppl compare him to Steve Novak, Jameson Crowder.

One guy said if he doesn't commit to Michigan by end of April he would be surprised if he came there. Says Belein almost always lands a commit after getting an offer . Not sure what he is waiting for unless it is MSU. That was 2/22/19.

Doesn't say anything about Butler interest from their perspective. For what it is worth.

Mad_Dawg 48 likes this.
  17. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $842
    Also they don't think he is a four yr college player

18. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $699
    My thoughts exactly. I also think the Spartans are the biggest competition.

NCJon likes this.
  19. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,775
    I’ve only seen 1 live stream game and highlights of others, but his ball handling and shooting skills look a lot better than Henry.

20. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,017
    Allegedly he's a no show for the night cap...odd. Not injured, but not with the team either. Maybe he's at Babes? (Is Babes still open?)