Carlos Johnson - 2020 Forward (Offered)

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by bumba, Jul 21, 2018.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,739
    You would think they could spot the old guy in the corner sleeping?

2. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,174
    Oh is this going to be like that time there was a tweet about how we weren't in ATL and folks said the staff should be punched and then it turned out they were there?

DawgPoundMac and NCJon like this.
  3. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,476

Juwan offers likely Top 10 prospect in 2022. He's got no love for you Scooby.

4. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,780
    People are saying he may be the best prospect since LeBron. Scooby would be living in a fantasy if he thought this offer was an indictment of himself.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  5. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    Bates is really skinny and has a long way to go before being the next LJ

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  6. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $230
    I'd be curious to know what scooby is looking for in a college and what kind of time frame he has. No doubt itll be tough to pull a kid out of michigan who has offers from the two state schools, but it's definitely encouraging that he's just been sitting on the offers. If one was his dream school, he'd be committed by now. MSU and UM both get a lot of commits shortly after an offer. Does he see a log jam at those schools or doesn't feel like a priority?

At the same time it doesnt appear like hes in an hurry to make a decision. Going back through the thread, he's only taken one unofficial in the last several months (Mizzou). Is he just waiting this out to see what other big fish come biting?

I like our chances at the moment, but after his play at peach jam, I think more offers are coming sooner or later.

Lukas- any chance you could get an interview with scooby?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

cornette33 likes this.
  7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,476
    It doesn't really change the scenario that Johnson could potentially go to the bench as a junior if Bates started at the 3 as a freshman. Scooby is now being recruited over in multiple UM classes.

8. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $380
    I'm pretty sure Bates won't play a single minute in college (assuming the 1 and done rule is gone by then). That dude scored like 32 in the State finals (class A) as a freshman.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  9. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,339
    I do not have a connection with Johnson at the moment, so I could not get an interview. We'll see if that changes, but I try not to force anything with regards to recruits - there are enough people that I bet would want to talk to him (with a higher pedigree than me lol) and I'm sure it's a hectic time post-Peach Jam anyways. Considering his play at the event, I would guess someone at a recruiting service will have a piece sooner rather than later.

fdr, BHayden and SpartanDawgs like this.
  10. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,531
    Johnson has been pretty tightlipped about his recruiting. He does have both a unique and interesting skillset. His play speaks for itself. I hope he makes the correct decision.

11. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,739
    I encourage rumors, so, I'll contribute-I think possibly the reason things are so quiet is that there may be something else in play right now, as in a possible transfer to finish school somewhere else. I have nothing but whispers out of Michigan that this is anywhere near true, but, I'd buy it.

Rumor away!!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    BHayden likes this.
  12. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Active Member

Money:
    $280
    He goes to Benton Harbor. I thought they were closing that school this year. Maybe it won’t happen till next year though.

13. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,739
    Ding ding ding. You win the prize today.

Your prize is...an internet high five. :)

I didn't want to say that, but that seems to be the case, he won't have a school to call home so he's looking at options. One mentioned was LaLu.

BHayden likes this.
  14. seadawg

Money:
    $3,531
    Benton Harbor is a crime infested area that suffered economically in the past few decades. I fished out of the area for years. They have lost nearly all of their industry which has hampered the tax base severely.

rperk likes this.
  15. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,739
    It sounds like it's quite the mess up there and that the governor of Mich does want to shut it down, maybe giving it one more year to get the house in order so to speak. But that's a sitting, closing duck.

16. seadawg

Money:
    $3,531
    The area was once thriving with industry. The city of St. Joe just across the river, spends nearly twice the amount on it's students. Blight is very evident with many abandoned homes.

17. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,994
    He single-handedly took out my high school alma mater in this year’s state tourney. Talked to some folks at the game. Bates is the real deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $431
    Not sure if serious or not, but either way it is really dumb. Good players want to play with other good players.

19. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,957
    You’d be surprised at how often they have 0 clue about who the other players even are.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

BHayden and Tentozen like this.
  20. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,961
    That doesn’t surprise me in the least bit. I’m sure these kids look at 247 and Rivals, etc and etc. But they are looking at THEIR rank. You think they study the other kids ranked 50-100? No way.