Carlos Johnson - 2020 Forward (Offered)

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by bumba, Jul 21, 2018.

1. mizebl

mizebl Active Member

Money:
    $222
    Has actually improved a little bit. Whirlpool built a new HQ right on St Joe River and there have been some "trendy" stores that have popped up around it. Fish there myself quite a bit and you are correct; in the 80s/90s that place was no joke (still not a garden spot by any means). Think the last big name player to come out of there was Anthony Miller (Mich State)

2. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $431
    Highly doubtful there are many high school basketball players on the major circuits who don’t know Emoni Bates. Especially two kids in Michigan. Also, a kid in 2022 isn’t going to keep a 2020 from committing.

3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    Particularly one that may never play in college

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  4. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $724
    Sinbad, University of Denver 1978, Benton Harbor class of 74!

5. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    Best player out of Benton Harbor went to Bradley and was a 7X NBA All Star. His nickname was Chet the Jet.

6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475
    Now you're predicting what high schoolers are thinking?

If you think Juwan Howard isn't going to return to Michigan & recruit Top 25 players every year to put them back on the national scene, you're fooling yourself. That guy had the alumni & national spotlight on him to perform before the ink was dry on his contract.

It's been proven by his offers he will over recruit this kid without hesitation. That includes offering kids in the same class and future classes who appear to be more talented.

7. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,781
    I would argue they’re already on the national scene.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

8. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475

Top 10 in 2020 class. With Livers & Wagner already enrolled, if this kid commits to UM playing time would be very limited at the 2-3. As in none. Or zilch.

9. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475

Rumored to be a Georgetown lean, but we'll see.

10. Butlerfan96

Butlerfan96 Member

Money:
    $105
    Won’t let me load that link not sure why

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. Butlerfan96

Butlerfan96 Member

Money:
    $105
    He picked Georgetown

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475

2020 Top 50 power forward offered. No love for ya in your home state Scooby. Juwan wants you to play for LaVall.

cornette33, willisbrown and seadawg like this.
  13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475
    Juwan's offers have consistently been to Top 25-50 guys. I think he's aiming higher than the Sweet 16. Just my opinion.

14. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    NCAA Tournament wins since 2013:
    Duke, UNC, Kentucky - 18
    Gonzaga, Michigan - 17
    Villanova - 16
    Michigan State, Kansas - 15
    Virginia, Wisconsin - 13

NCJon and UDDawg like this.
  15. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,780
    What does this even mean?

16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475
    Juwan made it to the national championship game 2 of his years at UM. He was a top 5 pick in the NBA coming out of college. Do you think he's going to be satisfied with losing in the Sweet 16 (like UM did last year)? Do you think that's the inflated expectation of UM fans?

I honestly don't. There's a new era in Michigan and I think that starts with outrecruiting the whole country, not just the B1G or Michigan State. Look at his offers - he's been swinging for the fences from the first day on the job. I also think how many wins they've had in the past 6 years is only quasi-relevant to his recruiting at this point. Don't forget, Michigan was in a First Four play-in game in 2016 and were a .500 team in 2015. Beilein had several sh*tty years during his tenure.

17. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,780
    Don't forget, Michigan played for the national title in 2018 (and 2013). If how many wins they've had in the past 6 years doesn't really matter, why do Beilein's several ****ty years?

Michigan was already a premier program before Howard became coach.

PSUButlerFan and SpartanDawgs like this.
  18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475
    Howard got to the final game twice as a player in three years. Beilein got to the final game twice as a coach in twelve years. Beilein did less with more than many coaches in the B1G considering UM's pedigree and what he had to sell to recruits. Just my opinion. Not saying it isn't respectable.

19. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,780
    Man, you're thick.

20. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,739
    One of MSU's top forward targets, Cam'Ron Fletcher, just committed to Kentucky. He was ahead of Scooby in their pecking order. We needed an MSU commitment there.