Carlos Johnson - 2020 Forward (Offered)

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by bumba, Jul 21, 2018.

1. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $755
    Can’t sign until November.

2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,561
  3. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Active Member

Money:
    $457
  4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,836
    I just saw this...was he on campus this past weekend? Holy crap if so....I am getting all the feels. Leeeeeeeeeeeeeegggggggggggggoooooooooo.

5. BHayden

BHayden Well-Known Member

Money:
    $474
    Sorry let me amend that I meant commit

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. Bulldogs260

Money:
    $457
    MBA2003 and bumba like this.
  7. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,689
    Why?

8. ap234

ap234 Member

Money:
    $84
    It sure looks like it and it wouldn’t surprise me as quiet as LJ and staff have been with their recruits in this class.

9. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,402
    I can confirm that Scooby Johnson was on campus this past weekend - hence the tweet. Working on maybe getting an article out as well, but we'll see.

10. Bulldogs260

Money:
    $457
    Shimmy, bumba and BHayden like this.
  11. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $431
    Just would like to add some input on the MSU side...

"Izzo will be visiting Hoggard and (PF) Brakefield Monday morning."

"Someone mentioned Scooby, it’s all gone very quiet on him it seems. Almost like the interest level was never really there from one side or the other. I can see us finishing with a Terry, Hoggard, Sissoko class for 2020, which I think we would all be quite happy with. Just interesting how different it could finish compared to all the Scooby, Cam Fletcher etc talk early on."

It does look like Izzo is putting his eggs into the Huntington Prep guys more... Visiting PF Brakefield and Center Sissoko visited last weekend.

So if all true, Missouri might be our biggest competitor now?

Shimmy, bmradio99 and Bulldogs260 like this.
  12. BHayden

BHayden Well-Known Member

Money:
    $474
    Someone said he couldn’t sign until November so I amended my statement to say he’s about to commit. Either way who cares im just generally excited about all of this recruiting traction lately!

Insane Dawg, NCJon and UDDawg like this.
  13. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $689
    Guys, Scooby, Tate, and Battle. That’s all league players. Wilmoth has that ceiling too. Remember worrying about LaVall? Have a summer coach.

Bulldogs260 likes this.
  14. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,124
    Don't forget Brown if we can nab him, I'm pretty excited about the future.

MBA2003 likes this.
  15. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,836
    Feels good, but he ain't committed yet nor will he probably for a bit. I'm excited as hell about the possibility but me thinks we should caution ourselves a little. I've been bouncing off the walls today thinking about him...but I have to calm myself and remember, nothing has been determined yet. But...it's hard to corral the emotion of excitement thinking about his talent on this roster.

UDDawg and seadawg like this.
  16. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $689
    It’s hard not to be excited. I try to stay away from the Twitter tea leaves but that post has to make you confident.

17. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,061
    Doesn't pretty much every recruiting prospect take a picture and make a post like this when on a visit? Maybe he'll end up committing at some point and I'm glad he made it to campus, but this seems like a big over-reaction. This is standard OV protocol at this point.

What indication is there that he's close to committing? What am I missing?

PSUButlerFan, SnoopDawg and bmradio99 like this.
  18. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,819
    Woods keeps saying that we'll likely only sign 4 in this class to save a scholarship for a transfer. Has anyone in the know heard whether that's what the staff is thinking?

If so, that means the last spot is up for grabs between Scooby/Coles/Brown (or anyone else who pops up)?

19. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $431
    I think the excitement was just because no one knew he was doing an official this weekend? Also his recruitment seemed pretty quiet for all teams recently. Showing that Butler is still in the mix after hearing no news on him about anything for a month or so is really good news...

willisbrown and MBA2003 like this.
  20. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $431
    Jared put it in a good way. Obviously, you can't speak for the coaches but it would be hard to turn down one of those players solely because another one is coming. I think in general they would like to keep a scholly open for certain circumstances but I doubt they will tell Brown to kick rocks if Scooby committed.

UDDawg and ConnersvilleBulldog like this.