Carlos Johnson - 2020 Forward (Verbal)

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by bumba, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,692
    Freemantle is playing extremely well.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  2. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,976
    Completely agree. But I'll reiterate Coles if ever there's a guy that is going to contribute from day 1 it's him. Has played with the highest level for years now. If he continues to improve his body which he is working on. He'll be the best freshman we've had since Kamar and will make an impact. Not saying he will start or average 10 and 7 but I think he will be more than serviceable in some role. The scouts had him as being the most college ready big guy in the nation. Not upside and potential but he will acclimate and assimilate to the college game the fastest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

BHayden, Brett, seadawg and 1 other person like this.
  3. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $771
    To answer your last question. I don’t think he is underachieving. Until Thompson got hurt, he was gradually integrating into the game without pressure to do things he is not ready for, such as handling the ball and playing shut down D. He then got called on to contribute more and he has not yet responded. I hope he can continue to get minutes and incrementally improve yet this season to a point where he will be a reliable shooter and defender off the bench come Big East tourney and into NCAA.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Hinkle and IndieDawg like this.
  4. IndieDawg

IndieDawg Active Member

Money:
    $2,030
    I really hope we can get some contributions out of some of them so we can be competitive. It’s hard to imagine what like will be like without KB and McD. Gotta hope that Scooby and company are ready to step up.

5. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,991
    You’re right. He’s been great. Was tying to examine guys ranked around battle and slightly better (I.e. guys in the lower part of the top 100). Of course, there are some good freshman. I’m not trying to say there aren’t. But the reality is, good freshmen - especially outside the top 50 - are exceptional. Most are bad, so we shouldnt assume any of them are gonna be great right away, and it’s ok that Battle has not been consistently good. Again, my hope is one of the five freshmen next year is a plus player. That’d be a win. And if I had to bet, my bet is it’d be scooby.

6. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,501
    I see no scenario where either Harris or Tate doesn't fit into the rotation if for nothing more than to rest AT.

7. seadawg

Money:
    $6,501
    Benton Harbor improved to 11-1 with a 78-65 win over South Bend Clay.

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  8. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,145
    I've had this strange obsession with the idea of watching all 5 play at the same time for a few minutes during an exhibition. Not sure if LaVall will do it, but I REALLY want to see it. Just for the novelty.

kmacker69, Tentozen and cornette33 like this.
  9. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,764
  10. seadawg

Money:
    $6,501
    Benton Harbor over Grand Rapids 87-50.

11. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,692
    I wonder if Scooby can play some point? It would be huge to have a 6’ 5” point guard.

12. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,100
    I am really excited that not only are these recruits talented, but are all playing on good winning teams.

seadawg likes this.
  13. estar20dawg

Money:
    $4,976
    He played PG all last year. You could definitely have him play some point

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  14. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,839
    I try to remind myself that good high school players often aren't able to be consistent contributors as freshman. But it is really tough with this class. Although this is our highest rated class ever, I think it is nevertheless underrated because it doesn't have any top 75 guys. I can't wait to see the versatility on the court.

15. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,288
    Saw this on last week's episode...

16. Brett

Brett Active Member

Money:
    $171
    We have a very good team this year and are exceeding expectations. However, we have proven that our bench depth has been lacking in productivity. Granted we will sorely miss Kamar and MdD next year, but looking a Scooby and the rest of the 2020 class, I have to say that many will get significant playing time as freshman, especially Scooby. He really has a complete game for a HS student and his body is definitely BE ready.

17. Brett

Brett Active Member

Money:
    $171
    I think you will be surprised. Myles Tate has already won 3 state championships and looks like they will take a fourth. His HS team is ranked
    #3 nationally by ESPN. He reminds me of a less muscular Kamar Baldwin who if I remember correctly was not a top 100 prospect.

18. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,692
    It will be a long season next year even with this recruiting class. We will be very young and inexperienced. I think many are expecting way too much. Just look at Battle.

Sidd Finch likes this.
  19. seadawg

Money:
    $6,501
    Battle has not figured out much this season. Hopefully 1 or possibly 2 freshman can contribute with some consistency next season.

Sidd Finch likes this.
  20. estar20dawg

Money:
    $4,976
    I don't know how you figure we will be so young and inexperienced at least the starters we will have 3 seniors and a junior for sure starting and probably a sophomore. There will be a ton of worse teams in D1 in the experience department