Carlos Johnson - 2020 Forward (Verbal)

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by bumba, Jul 21, 2018.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,788
    We won't be "young" at all with three Senior starters and one starting Junior (unless he gets beaten out). As much as I love Battle, I'm not penciling him in for anything going forward, he looks terrified out there and you hope seasoning helps him take the next step, if anyone is counting on it, I'd caution. He's mentally dead right now. Can he get it back?

Saying that, don't be surprised if Scooby comes in and starts off the jump. I could very much see a Scooby-Thompson-Tuck-Golden-Nze starting lineup. Hell Harris may jump Battle. Thing is you never know with Freshmen but Scoob I would, gun to head, is going to be the most impactful. He's just an all around player who's game can translate very well to this level.

2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,501
    My hope is Battle's talent is exposed but as of now he is playing out side of himself. He is not the shooter BU needs jacking 3s. He could be an absolute stopper defensively but continues getting beat on and off screens along with appearing lost at times. Once he can focus on what he can and can't do at this level, it should serve him well. Until then, patience will be required.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  3. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,976
    I'll put a little side bet with you that Coles is the most college ready from the get go of the freshman next year ;) I still agree Scooby will be really impressive and Harris will make some people shake there heads how he gets the least love of the 5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,506
    Battle has had a tough go of it as of late, but I still think he'll be fine.

Just needs to get stronger and let the game come to him a bit. Also, think that if he gets regular minutes (which he should next season), it should help his confidence and consistency.

That being said, it's hard really to know what to expect from freshman, no matter how talented.

Shimmy and seadawg like this.
  5. willisbrown

Money:
    $8,788
    In fact, I'm not sure that Coles isn't the *most ready* but he's coming into a position that will have depth. To me the 2/3 spots are the competition next season with Tucker getting one and the other is up for grabs. Battle could surprise but I could see a 1G 4 F lineup like we saw with AT out next season if Battle doesn't improve enough, and if that happens, it's Scooby's to lose, but overall, Coles will ne able to add strength and plenty of skill as a back up PF. We will love both no doubt.

Now my prediction goes to shiite if LaVall grabs a grad transfer guard (like he should have this last off season).

6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,692
    Five freshmen, Battle, Hastings , Mulloy out of 13 scholarship players. If Tucker and CD don’t make giant leaps we will be in serious trouble offensively. Do you think AT and Nze will miraculously find a jump shot?

7. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,506
    I don't expect CD to ever give much offensively.

Tucker will need to be more consistent. He has a chance to be the team's #1 scorer next season. In fact, he's probably the favorite.

8. willisbrown

Money:
    $8,788
    If CD is still around he'll help contribute on D if he can regain strength and lateral movement after the blown tire, but yeah no offense.

If Tuck is getting 25-28 minutes he'll probably be the leading scorer, he or Nze. But I very much expect Scoob and Coles to have healthy numbers too. The team technically will be *more* talented next season, just depends on how the young dudes adapt. But in theory it's deeper, stronger, more athletic and more explosive.

9. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,692
    If not Tucker who?

10. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,873
    Will - don’t do it. Don’t jinx Scooby. Look what you did to Battle this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

bwesson15, DawgsMD and Hinkle like this.
  11. estar20dawg

Money:
    $4,976
    You honestly could have a really balanced team next year where a different player will be the leading scorer every game. I worry who is going to be "the guy" for the last shot of the half of game. I can see scoring like 12 for Golden, 12 Nze, 12 Tucker, 10 AT, 10 KB, 7 Coles, 5, Scooby, 3 Harris/Tate

12. seadawg

Money:
    $6,501
    Both Johnson and Coles have shown some ability to knockdown 3s at the HS level. Look for plenty of on the job training with the freshmen guards. My hope is a light bulb turns on for Battle. It may take some sorting for LJ to settle on rotations. Nonetheless, BU will have solid core of experience to rely on. Having balanced scoring is probable, but may well be inconsistent.

estar20dawg likes this.
  13. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,044
    Tucker from a physical and skills perspective is by far the most equipped to be the leading scorer. We know he can shoot, either off the bounce or catch, and I don’t think it would take a seismic shift for him to become decent to good at the rim. I’m just not sure he understands what good shots are, though I’m not sure he also isn’t encouraged to take bad shots by the plays we run. I also don’t like to bet on a change of mentality.

If I had to take a single player who is most likely to lead the team in scoring I’d pick Tucker by a tiny bit over Battle and Golden, but if I had the choice of choosing either Tucker or the field to lead the team in scoring I’d choose the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

14. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,714
    Tucker has a ton of athleticism, but I question if he will ever be able to get to rim. He has had is struggles in that area, here is hoping he works on it over the off season.
    He will be an important piece in next years puzzle. I am not critical of his overall game, he has improved that.

15. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,859
    How about LaVall comparing Coles to Georges Niang? He must think Coles can really shoot it

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

16. seadawg

Money:
    $6,501
    Coles has a nice touch from the outside.

17. estar20dawg

Money:
    $4,976
    Coles would be like an upgraded AC. If his body transforms which it should he will be a 3 year starter at the 4 for us.

seadawg likes this.
  18. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,692
    Has anyone seen any of these recruits in a full game ?

Staxawax likes this.
  19. estar20dawg

Money:
    $4,976
    On live streams, I've watched Coles and Harris multiple games. I've watched 2 games of Wilmoth, and a couple of Tate and Scooby. This live streaming world nowadays is great. All 5 of these guys go out and make their teams better. I'll say this Coles, Harris and Scooby do an insane and ungodly amount of tiny things that are just flat out winning plays. Coles and Harris stats don't even come close to what they provide their teams. I love all these guys and I'm going to go out on a limb and throw a dart that Harris will be the most impactful 4 year player of the group and I'm really high on all of them. It's really close but every time I see Harris he reminds me kind of a Zavier Simpson type of player to a lesser degree maybe a Tre Jones

BHayden, #60, PSUButlerFan and 3 others like this.
  20. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,010
    Not in person, but I've seen everyone multiple times via live streams.

estar20dawg likes this.