Carlos Johnson - 2020 Forward (Verbal)

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by bumba, Jul 21, 2018.

1. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $496
    BoyGeoff likes this.
  2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,692
    Is the hype so far comparable to the hype for Battle?

BulldogsFTW likes this.
  3. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $496
    I think the hype for Scooby overall is lower than Battle, but the 2020 class as a whole has received more than Battle just due to the fact that we assumed the team wouldn't be very good until next year.

4. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,692
    Few cold takes on Battle

He is going to have the same impact as Zion

Expect to see him in the starting line up from day 1

Start him over AT

He will play starter minutes

seadawg likes this.
  5. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,501
    Hype rarely matches expectations. I will say Johnson is a winner who plays without much fanfare. How that translates at BU is anyone's guess.

6. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,991
    I’ve got more hope that Scooby can play productive minutes next year than I did that Battle would this year, but I still don’t know that I’d consider it likely.

7. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Well-Known Member

Money:
    $524
    Scooby with the self lob. Wonder if he gets the points and an assist? Lol!!!!

8. dawg767

dawg767 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $824
    One word: Wowza!

Thanks for sharing. Given all the other facets of Scooby's game, I really think he can slide into McD's spot and be a 4 yr starter. At the very least, he can be first off the bench in Yr1 and take over for JT after that. Probably hyperbole, but one can hope. . .

I know it's premature but I really have to give LJ credit with this 2020 class for conceivably filling the holes created by KB and MCD's departure and then AT/JT's the year after. Also add in Coles as Nze's replacement/clone/upgrade.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    MadDawg2020 likes this.
  9. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,692
    Waiting for someone on here to say all five freshmen will be starters next season.

10. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,288
    All five freshman will start next season. Tucker 6th man;)

11. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,692
    I knew you could do it.

12. Tiles52

Tiles52 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $597
    You have been very high on Freemantle from Xavier; which I agree with you. His 247 Composite Rating was 134; so I don't understand why you seem to be skeptical of any of Butler's recruits for next year having a similar impact; considering that four of the five have very similar ratings.

13. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,788
    Fab 5 style...

I do think out of all of them Coles and Scooby should be expected to contribute. Both are very tough and versatile and have Big East strength right now, let alone after an offseason training at Butler.

The beauty of Scooby is that he's a tough as nails dawg...but he can also be smooth. He can easily play the 4 in spurts at the next level, as well as transfer into a point forward for a few minutes...and can do both effectively.

14. Brett

Brett Active Member

Money:
    $171
    Very high on this group. Scooby not only has the physical tools, he also has that McD court sense and does all the little things right to improve his team.
    I have seen a few clips with him making some absolutely killer passes. I don't think he will be as intimidated as Battle was this year.

15. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,506
    Might be something that an advanced training staff can help manage more than a high school's lack thereof.

16. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,692
    I was being facetious as well as sarcastic. There are posters on here that watch highlight videos and go overboard with expectations. Xavier was I believe Freemantle’s only high major offer. I will wait to see our kids prove it at the D1 level.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  17. Tiles52

Tiles52 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $597
    I would agree with that; until they suit up in a Butler uniform; none of us know what to really expect.

Insane Dawg and BoyGeoff like this.
  18. dawg767

dawg767 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $824
    #60 likes this.
  19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,288
  20. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,501
    Johnson had 33 pts.and Benton Harbor beat Brandywine 85-61 and will face #4 Wyoming on Thursday.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020