Carlos Johnson - 2020 Forward (Verbal)

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by bumba, Jul 21, 2018.

1. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $500
    Would have loved that willis! Isaiah Jackson and Brakefield (recent offer. probably know why now) are still fighting for a scholly with Scooby. Isaiah Jackson may not commit for awhile. Brakefield hasn't done an official yet. Def lays off the pressure on Scooby committing somewhere though...

2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,892
    That definitely would have been the perfect coup for you. Get a dime at MSU and Butler gets the scoob. I was hoping for it. I get this weird feeling Mizzou is now sitting really pretty...not sure why but I could see Cuonzo stealing him.

3. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,462

2020 Top 50 power forward has O$U and UM in final five.

4. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,462
  5. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,186
    For those looking for an update on Scooby, there's this.

https://www.rockmnation.com/2019/9/...e-caleb-love-davion-bradford-ryan-kalkbrenner

Of course, I did bury the lede a bit. I mean, am I the only one that thinks "candy strewn on his bed" is a bit creepy?

6. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $881
    I like that we are described as being in "prime position" and that it seems like it's down to MSU/Butler. If LJ and staff can keep that Michigan pipeline flowing, it will be another huge recruiting win.

Go Dawgs

7. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,332
  8. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,940
    I can't put my finger on why, but I feel like Scooby, if he chooses Butler, would become so many fans' favorite player.

BHayden, DawgPoundMac and estar20dawg like this.
  9. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,889
    We could literally play him at some point guard. I love his versatility. He can literally play 1 through 4 and defend 1 through 4. A potential Tate/Harris Battle Brown Johnson Golden/JMM lineup is super versatile offensively/defensively

seadawg likes this.
  10. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,892
    1. The hair
    B. He can play a point forward role
    3. He looks like he could bruise it up very well in the big east
    D. His nick name of "Scooby" is one of the better ones ever

11. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,367
    His potential for physicality could prove an welcome addition. "Scooby" can do!

12. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $953
    BHayden and DawgPoundMac like this.
  13. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,889
    Speaking of rankings 247 has him as 170, there is no way there are 170 better all around basketball players than Scooby, I would bet a whole hell of a lot of money on that one. Serious question, what can't he do well??

BHayden and seadawg like this.
  14. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,892
    I haven't heard or seen anything he can't do well. Only even kinda slight negative I've ever heard is that he's not lightening quick like some people like their wings. But he checks all the boxes for me-my guess? Scouts see him as a 4 and at 6'5" he's short for a 4. In my mind he'd play on the wing and run the offense here and there. I didn't go to peach jam, but was mentioned to me by a guy down here that at least from what he saw, he was one of the better players and that his shot was better than this dude expected.

BHayden likes this.
  15. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,889
    I've seen/heard that he is a legit 6'6 now, he'd be undersized at the 4 just on height, physically I think he can hold his own there, maybe not for 40 minutes a night but I see no problems playing him at the 4 for stretches. He may not be lightning quick, but he's physical, anticipates well, has good length and a really quick first and second jump.

BHayden likes this.
  16. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,620
    So hypothetically, how would it play out? Is it scooby or brown? Is Coles in the mix as well? Or do we take 2 of the 3?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Butler Hoops mobile app

17. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,367
    Assuming the offers still stand, 1st come 1st serve on 2 of the 3. Unless BU misses on all or 2 of the 3, they should fill the openings IMO.

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  18. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,010
    I just don’t even understand why he is being evaluated as a 4. He’s got more ball skills than I’ve ever seen out of a 4 man. The ranking makes absolutely no sense to me. He’s a 4 star.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

19. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,892
    Si senor. His slipping down in the rankings boggles my mind. And I completely agree he'll be more of a 3 in college and can play 1-3 just fine and can do a little 4 when needed. He'd be a huge even yuge hit at Butler.

Let's hope Izzo is wooed (away) by the rankings and focuses elsewhere.

seadawg, BHayden and MBA2003 like this.
  20. BHayden

BHayden Well-Known Member

Money:
    $501

Let’s gooooo everyone make sure to show Scooby some love sounds like he’s about ready to pull the trigger and sign!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app