Chas Kelley - 2022 Point Guard (Boston College)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Albick, Jul 19, 2021.

1. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,369
    Kelly has excellant posture while handling the ball. At 6'5", staying low is not an easily learned skill.

znelson15 likes this.
  2. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,443
    Agreed and it’s something that is so important for a taller guard to succeed.

I remember we all were not happy with kelan ball handling and then he started staying lower with the ball and everything changed for him in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. seadawg

Money:
    $9,369
    I felt KD had issues in this regard as well early on, but learned to overcome that after a couple of years. Kelly has an advantage at this stage. Thomas may have issues with staying low also, although his raw speed has hidden that flaw up to now. Some players never develop the posture needed to succeed. Kelly could be a very important piece for BU, especially for those who like big guards for BE play.

znelson15 likes this.
  4. seadawg

Money:
    $9,369
    It appears Kelly is being thoughtful in his approach on making a decision and there is nothing wrong with his due diligence in this process. Taking the time to evaluate his offers, can be a good thing.

5. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,240

Let’s give some social media love :) he’s on his BC visit next week, fwiw.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    znelson15, Shimmy, BUcheer and 6 others like this.
  6. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,425
    A lot of pro-Butler comments on his Instagram post. Would love to hear something Monday or Tuesday....

7. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,522
    Did you happen to get a chance to interview Chas?

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,240
    We’ve been in contact since the offer. We’re planning on doing a post-visit interview but kind of a tough weekend to schedule stuff. I’m out of town right now (still capable of a call but less free than normal) and then he’s on his BC visit starting Tuesday.

I’ll get an interview-based piece out as soon as I can :)

TheDawgDub95 and 2xDawg like this.
  9. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,522
    Thanks. We appreciate the ambassador you are for the program!

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

#60, ConnersvilleBulldog and BUcheer like this.
  10. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,240
    I wasn't able to schedule a call prior to his BC visit (and won't bother him while he's on that visit), but 247Sports has an update on his recruitment.

11. seadawg

Money:
    $9,369
    It certainly appears BU has a solid footing acquiring this hidden gem...

12. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,736
    While he's at BC on an OV, it just broke that 4 star combo guard Donald Hand committed to them.

He already removed two schools due to them getting a commitment, is he now down to 3? Us, DePaul, and George Mason?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

13. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,560
    Do we know for certain that he’s on his OV? Feels a little disrespectful to take someone at your position the day before your OV, but guessing they’ve put a nice spin on it.

14. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,358
    “Butler basketball in Indianapolis is just as big as the Colts. They're all bought in.”

Wow. We are doing quite the sales job on him, aren’t we?

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. Ster8462

Ster8462 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $686
    I believe the guy BC took was a combo guard. Not a true point guard so it is likely similar to our Simas add (and sorry if I didn’t spell it right, will have it correct by start of season) albeit a year earlier.

My gut tells me there is likely a 1A and 1B in Chas’ gut right now and then a drop off. Hope to heck we are in his Top 2 if my gut is right. We need a bigger point as it would allow us to have Chuck guard the smaller guard whether it is the PG or SG on other team and let Chas guard the teams biggest guard at least by Chas’ 2nd year.

Me thinks it comes down to what Chas wants or deems more important. Stay closer to home or go to a program that will likely win more consistently but only play 5 + or so games on the east coast every year and their conference tourney games on east coast. Think Chas sees significant playing time whichever of the 4 schools he chooses.

16. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,289
    By wasting two draft picks on a broken Carson Wentz (one of which can become a 1st rounder!), Butler basketball is likely the only thing ppl in Indy will have to cheer for. Nightmare scenario for the Colts is he plays 76% of the snaps and the team still sucks.

17. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,806
    Is his family on the East Coast now too? Isn't he originally from Houston?

18. Ster8462

Ster8462 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $686
    Just knew he was playing high school ball out of Pennsylvania. Hope his family still is in Texas as I would think that is better for us then Pennsylvania.

19. SnoopDawg

Money:
    $1,806
    I see a lot of Kris Dunn in him, he's easily my biggest want in this class.

tedfrye and znelson15 like this.
  20. SnoopDawg

Money:
    $1,806
    Hopefully he sees the value in coming to a team that doesn't have a new head coach as well. Coaching turnover in previous years has definitely hurt our recruiting. I'm happy to finally have some stability in the Lavall which we really haven't had since Brad Stevens.

Wonder if Brad can head over to the BC campus and whisper in his ear while he's in Boston.

Shane Davis likes this.