Chas Kelley - 2022 Point Guard (Boston College)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Albick, Jul 19, 2021.

1. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,736
    Their player has been listed as both a PG and CG, so not sure how BC would be selling it but agreed thats rather crappy if they still had him come out for the OV if it actually was an either/or deal for PG position at BC. For all I know Chas might be more excited with BC now to have a 4 star player in the backcourt with him. I've seen it mentioned with the commitment BC should now target wings and bigs with their remaining spots (but they would take another guard). If Simonas has been in the works for awhile, we may have already had that discussion with him prior to it becoming public knowledge. Either way, I see this wrapped up sooner than the end of Sept which was alluded to in the updated article.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,130
    I'm under the impression BC recruited Hand with the intention of playing him on-ball (that isn't to say he and Kelley couldn't share the court, and I do think BC would take both if they are able to). While I do think Hand's commitment matters, I do not view this as if it was an either/or deal for BC.

3. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,130
    Chas has completed his BC visit now.

:(

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  4. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,868
  5. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,280
    Can’t be good for us, right, coming off the BC visit?

Hinkle likes this.
  6. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,445
    I think it could be. I, for whatever reason, would have been surprised if he made it to DePaul.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,868
    Just picked up a BC crystal ball on 24/7, but it is from a BC blogger so who knows. He is 5 for 5 on his 2022 picks so far though.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,344
    I'd say that's a good sign for BC but it's a head scratcher. BC is a notoriously terrible basketball program who hasn't been to March Madness in over a decade. They are the DePaul of the ACC.

SnoopDawg and Hinkle like this.
  9. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,992
    New coach with a really strong group of assistants, a shiny new practice facility on the way and a great town to be a college student. There's a lot to sell there that might offset their decade of irrelevance.

BoyGeoff and 2xDawg like this.
  10. I like turtles

I like turtles Well-Known Member

Money:
    $656
    Losing to freaking Boston College for a priority recruit would be an embarrassment.

Calling that program irrelevant is an understatement. They are below DePaul.
    I typically have faith in this staffs ability to recruit, but this loss would be inexcusable if he is indeed a priority recruit.

11. Shane Davis

Shane Davis Active Member

Money:
    $243

I'm not gonna tell you it doesn't look bad for Butler to miss out on a top priority recruit, especially to BC, but sometimes we do have to remind ourselves that kids do pick a school for a multitude of reasons. Perhaps he was guaranteed playing time, or a prominent role on offense, or it could just come down to simply finding Boston more appealing to live in than Indianapolis. Let's face it - the new NIL rules make it possible for a talented player to go somewhere, be the star player and capitalize on their individual performance, even if that means being on a losing program.

12. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,841
    It would be extremely weird to cancel your remaining visits/end your recruitment the day after an OV and not pick that school.

Clearly he’s going to BC. Bummer.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

PSUButlerFan and 2xDawg like this.
  13. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,902
    Yep...y'all aren't gonna like the decision.

14. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,736
    Not surprised. Felt it has always been us and BC. No need to drag it out or play other schools along.

Not feeling good for us tho coming off that BC visit.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,902
    We're ok guard depth wise going forward in the immediacy (Harris, Tater Tot, Taylor with three years after this one) so that takes the sting out of this a little. Still a long 6'5 lead guard is always a positive. Hopefully we can get a decent sized guard in the transfer market. Go hard after Kebba to tighten up our future front court and keep your eye on the guard market.

16. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,276
    As disappoiting as this appears, BU still has other viable options moving forward.

17. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,902
    heartbreaking, distressing, painful, sad :(:(:(

18. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,445
    In one of the articles on Simas, it indicated he had played some PG, as well. Just trying to look for a little silver lining in what sounds like (will be) an otherwise very disappointing development.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

19. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,632
    2 more crystal balls for BC.

20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,344
    Agree, if Simas can also play the 2/3 we'll be fine.