Chibuzo Agbo - 2020 Forward (Texas Tech)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by UDDawg, Jul 22, 2019.

1. schoops

schoops Active Member

Money:
    $842
    I want him just so I can say his name!

2. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $474
    Leave.

Alcohol101 likes this.
  3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,097
    Compton's in the house. Hell yeah.

I can't see that article but my guess is those top three do not have us mentioned, because, well we're Butler and God forbid.

The Compton Magic, dig that.

4. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,229
    Article was clearly written before the offer came. Zero mention of it. Of course Evans wouldn’t be one to ask about BU anyway. AZ, TT and Marquette are the programs he said stand out. The Marquette pitch was interesting as I think it’s the same one we could use. Said has a big brother relationship with a coach and that they are saying rankings don’t matter as they can take the overlooked guys and get them to the next level. Sounds like he’s not used to being “the guy” and wants a good fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,229
    So I got the school wrong—TT using the underrated player to NBA pitch. Marquette is using the big brother approach. Has an OV scheduled with AZ and TT scheduled. Might be tough to grab one of the last 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,555
  7. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $235
  8. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,555
    I would offer the best two or three Top 100 3's who are uncommitted right away. Use the leverage you have with Tate committing while it's still hot.

9. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,043
    That would literally do nothing. The staff won’t just offer a Top 100 3, that they have not been recruiting actively. Even if they did, those recruits would likely already have deep relations with other staffs. The perception would be desperation more than pressure being added.

SpartanDawgs and UDDawg like this.
  10. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $480
    Plus you don't want to make your "top priorities" question themselves if they are or not

bumba and Tentozen like this.
  11. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,555
    Tate was offered 6 weeks ago and he just committed this week. That isn't years of recruiting. You simply tell the recruits the truth: we had relationships with other players and they made the choice to go with another school. We've been watching you all summer and haven't been in a position to offer at your position, but now we are.

https://247sports.com/Player/Eduardo-Andre-46085231/
    https://247sports.com/Player/Javonte-Johnson-46058841/
    https://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Thomas-46081210/
    https://247sports.com/Player/Keondre-Montgomery-46057442/

These guys have beatable lists if we make the call. If Brown, Johnson or anyone is a "top priority" then they should definitely know it by now. But the clock is ticking and three months from now you'll be left with the cream of the crap after the Top 150's commit.

willisbrown likes this.
  12. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,714
    This approach does apply some degree of pressure. Team chemistry and a coaching staff's comfort level will be the deciding factor. I will remain neutral on this issue.

13. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,097
    If you're going to make a move like this, better do it quick fast like...so it doesn't seem like a desperate pull. But looking at those names, yes, beatable lists on a couple, kinda tough on others, but I do support feeling out to see if getting involved on a few players is worth it. Why not? I'd say the chances of Brown and Scooby are meh to low, I'd be looking at wings.

14. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,714
    Another factor that may have an influence is how BU goes about it's recruiting business in the future. Integrity, ethics and philosophy may come into play?

15. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,303
    The other thing is that not all these players, even though they may have similar rankings, might not have similar games that fit LJ's system.

TheDawgDub95 and bumba like this.
  16. Alcohol101

Alcohol101 Active Member

Money:
    $359
    No Butler coach in recent memory has offered a kid a scholarship, unless the coaches believe the kid has the kind of character to be a good teammate and the kid is not a dumbass. This is not going to change anytime soon. This is why the coaches will never just blindly offer kids who just so happen to be on a rankings list.

17. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,555
    Truly agree, it's players we've watched and evaluated (not just someone on a whim). I think the point was there is still very solid talent out there that have beatable lists. If we have detailed analysis about players, then there could be offers made relatively quickly. If we hang on to the hope that Scooby & Brown could be future Bulldogs someday then that's one thing. But several of these top guys are also from the south where we seem to be targeting more often.

Alcohol101 likes this.
  18. firedupkaren

Money:
    $5,043
    So you think that when an offer is extended is when the recruitment begins? That definitely makes sense.

19. firedupkaren

Money:
    $5,043
    Oh you mean coaches staffs are actually looking at something other than the rankings? This is a wild take.

DawgsMD likes this.
  20. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $727
    What, you don't see the article Blanch posts every year PROVING recruiting rankings is all that matters?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    #60, Shimmy and DawgsMD like this.