Chrishawn Hopkins - Wright State

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by bd5, Oct 24, 2012.

1. bd5

bd5 Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $3,289
    [align=center][size=large]Chrishawn Hopkins[/size]
    Butler Guard 2010 - 2012 (Dismissed)

[​IMG][/align]

Source: Butler's Hopkins headed to Wright State

2. Three Specks

Three Specks New Member

Money:
    $5
  3. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $468
    I figured he'd end up at D2 with eligibility how it is.

He'll make Wright State relevant.

4. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Kyle Neddenriep ‏@KyleNeddenriep 6m
    Former Manual/Butler guard Chrishawn Hopkins eligible to make his return for Wright State on Dec. 15 vs. Miami of Ohio

5. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,791
    They need him. I was surprised with how well they did last year, but this year they aren't having such a hot start. 0-5 on the road and they just lost at a Meac school, NCAT

6. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,207
    Chrishawn debuted today for Wright State in their loss to Miami of Ohio.

Didn't exactly have a stellar performance. 4 pts, 3 assists and 4 turnovers. Hopefully things will improve as he gets back into game rhythm

7. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,504
    I hope he knocks the ball out of the park! He has had a tough go and it would be nice to see him excel.

8. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,163
    I don't get the love for him. He ****ed this program over by being a selfish ignorant ass. To be honest, I don't know why there is even a thread dedicated to him and his failed craptastic basketball career. In two years he did one thing positive for Butler and then pissed away his great opportunity while screwing over his teammates.

Color me confused by the love on this board for him.

9. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,420
    +1

10. thevinrod

thevinrod Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $843
    Everyone just wanted him to succeed because he was a local guy coming from a terrible family situation. I would say things are looking up for him and I wish Chrishawn well.

11. Three Specks

Three Specks New Member

Money:
    $5
    Yes, Hop made some mistakes, but at the same time he really was a good guy. He did not intentionally try to damage the program. Anyone in the Butler community who actually knew him, knows this and wishes him nothing but success.

12. Nildogg

Nildogg Active Member

Money:
    $8,607
    People do stupid stuff in college. I'm sure Hops did 1/100 th of the stuff I did while at BU, (while playing a sport). Granted, I never shot something at someone, but I don't have the hate/ throw around comments like that at the kid because I just don't think it was how you are painting it.

Wish him the best, and hope he comes out of his college experience with a degree and on the path to success in life.

13. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,163
    Sure we all do stupid stuff. We all have made mistakes, but we don't have the responsibility he had. It's not about hate, it's about his being an immature, irresponsible person and hurting this program. I don't give a crap if he does good, bad, whatever. He's not a bulldog anymore and that was his doing.

So, saying that, I don't get why there is a thread dedicated to him nor why any of you waste time oogling over his career (lack thereof).

14. Bulldog Grit

Bulldog Grit New Member

Money:
    $6
    Hop just needed more molding, more time to mature. He had a harder time growing up than most of us. Maybe he didn't have a parent(s) leading him and teaching him about responsibility and respect. I think he needed to be disciplined and I am fine with him being kicked off the team. I don't think we ought to have any ill feeling towards him. I hope he learns from this and becomes a better person. There is still time for him to develop into a gentleman and to have a positive future. I think that is what a lot of us are hoping for on this thread.

15. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $16,504
    He's a former Bulldog. He chose to come to Butler. He had it tough growing up. He's a good kid that made a bad decision and paid for it. The kid needs everyone's support. I want him to succeed for his sake and the community as a whole. Call it ogling if you like but I want both he and CHD to succeed. Why wouldn't I?

16. mizebl

mizebl Active Member

Money:
    $222
    Hopkins has bounced back nicely after his dismal first game. Playing really good tonight against UMKC, and put up good numbers against Eastern IL earlier in the week

17. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $16,504
    Hopkins is no longer so skinny! Hope for Kam Woods.

18. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $220
    He had 7 last night against Valpo, 2 of 4 from the field in 34 minutes. Capobianco, IU transfer, played three minutes for Valpo--a GREAT NON-GET for the Dogs when he transferring out--he's big, has a heavy beard, and not much else!

19. Scaggmatic

Scaggmatic Member

Money:
    $39
    +1

Tapawakaflaka

20. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $16,504
    Hopkins is playing around 20 minutes a game and averaging five points for Wright State. CHD is averaging 10 for Western Kentucky as a starter with a A/To ratio just above 1.