Chrishawn Hopkins - Wright State

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by bd5, Oct 24, 2012.

1. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    Wrong State getting blown out right now on ESPN in the HL Championship game against UWM. Hop with 4 turnovers and nothing of note thus far.

2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,183
    With the offseason coming for WSU, I hope the school puts out an all campus warning for girls walking around campus. It's almost BB Gun (air gun, whatever) season for Hopkins.

3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097
    I remember the posters who said Hopkins was our future at point guard after he was kicked out.

4. bd5

bd5 Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $3,289
    Wright State doesn't have a go-to scorer on their team, making Hopkins force a lot of stuff he wouldn't have to if he had a guy like Dunham and Marshall to feed. Hopkins strength was his athleticism and his ability to find the open guy.

Regardless, not many would have predicted Barlow's true impact this year.

5. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,194
    I remember posters calling for a double double from Fromm. Predictions are wrong some times. Don't remember many, if any, who weren't disappointed to see Hopkins get the boot.

6. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    Impressive showing by UWM. Pretty funny Hop forcing things twice in a row and getting pulled by his coach.

7. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,899
    Hopkins was pretty terrible tonight, regardless of who is teammates were.

Nice run for UWM to win the tourny, but they will most likely get destroyed as a 15 seed or maybe a 14. It's too bad Green Bay didn't pull through, they had a legit chance to pull a first round upset. Makes me hate small conference tournaments, they really should just send their regular season champ...makes me definitely not miss the horizon.

8. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $17,097
    I was wrong on Fromm. I thought he would have a big year. As for Hopkins go back and read the posts. He averaged around 20 minutes a game for WS and his stats were somewhere between pedestrian and poor. Sorry bd5 Hopkins had trouble finding the handle let alone the open guy.

9. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,194
    Nothing wrong with having wrong predictions. My point was that when Hopkins got the boot from Butler, I don't remember any posters who weren't bummed. Everyone was pretty optimistic on Hopkins.

Regardless of how Hopkins has developed, or failed to do so, it was the collective opinion around this forum that he was going to be a pretty good player.

10. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,183
    This happened before my time around here...at first I was bummed but when it was made known what he did, I was happy to see him get the boot. Sure, he could have helped us last and this year, but I don't want that kind of **** around this program. I don't care if people try to make any arguments for him...he was popping off pellets/bbs on people. He never understood what it was about to represent Butler. Skill or not, I'd gladly take losing vs having him be a part of this program still (if that was the choice).

He's an ok talent. Not horrible, not great. An environment like Butler, with the coaching he could have received from Stevens...dude could have been pretty good. But, he pissed that away and now he's playing for some crap stick program where he'll develop nada and always have to wonder why he's such an ass who blew a hell of an opportunity.

11. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $227
    Hop seemed to like his "odds" when taking the ball into FOUR defenders--did it a couple of times.

12. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    It was pretty funny when the UWM chanted "Butler Burnout" at him in the first half when he was at the line.

E$PN showed highlights of us wearing blue road uni's and Brandon Polk in the '05 title game against UWM.

13. readyletsgo

Money:
    $1,899
    I saw that too. Haven't seen video of that season/Polk in a long time. I was at that game, we got destroyed. But, we had our revenge eventually

14. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
  15. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
  16. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $17,097
  17. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Trevor Andershock @INBBallSource ยท Nov 17
    Add Chrishawn Hopkins to the list of former Indiana HS players receiving league awards. He was named Horizon League Player of the Week.

18. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $17,097
    Chriahawn's last home game as a senior at Wright State tonight.

19. readyletsgo

Money:
    $1,899
    He hasn't been that great for Wright State. Not bad, but probably not as good as some of us thought he could be.

20. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $17,097
    The most important thing is he is getting his degree and apparently hasn't had any other problems.